Offline happyg

« on: October 14, 2013, 05:53:54 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:16:51 PM »
Bravo to your niece.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 06:19:18 PM »
They were a lot nicer than I would have been.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »
My 6th grader brought home a reading assignment they gave him at school last week, an anti-meat Op-ed.  The assignment was to read the story and write using your own words what the author was trying to say.  They gave him a score of 1 because he didn't do the assignment. The reason he didn't do the assignment was because he was disgusted by the topic. He was smart enough to see the anti-meat message and refused to do it.     

The op-ed was from the New York Times

Not Grass-Fed, but at Least Pain-FreeBy-Adam Shiver

A quick BING search for the Op-ed found a reprint in the Animal Liberation Front (terrorist group) web page.

I'm not bothered by his score of 1, because in my book he used his brain. In my book he got a 100.    Oh by the way my wife cooked up a prime rib that night.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 08:02:59 PM »
My 6th grader brought home a reading assignment they gave him at school last week, an anti-meat Op-ed.  The assignment was to read the story and write using your own words what the author was trying to say.  They gave him a score of 1 because he didn't do the assignment. The reason he didn't do the assignment was because he was disgusted by the topic. He was smart enough to see the anti-meat message and refused to do it.     

The op-ed was from the New York Times

Not Grass-Fed, but at Least Pain-FreeBy-Adam Shiver

A quick BING search for the Op-ed found a reprint in the Animal Liberation Front (terrorist group) web page.

I'm not bothered by his score of 1, because in my book he used his brain. In my book he got a 100.    Oh by the way my wife cooked up a prime rib that night.

It's too bad they didn't tell the students to just write whether they agree with the article or not, and why. Even so, they are not in hs speech class.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »
Congrats to your son, NavyCanDo.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 09:32:58 PM »
There's only one solution when public schools act like this.

That is, take the kids OUT OF public school, and get them into parochial or private school.

If one is unwilling to do this, one must accept the reality that their kids are going to be indoctrinated against their own parents, and their parents' value systems and beliefs, by the leftists who control "public" education.

It's really quite simple.
Anyone should be able to understand this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf