Author Topic: Exclusive: US Army Defines Christian Ministry as 'Domestic Hate Group'  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Olivia

Several dozen U.S. Army active duty and reserve troops were told last week that the American Family Association, a well-respected Christian ministry, should be classified as a domestic hate group because the group advocates for traditional family values.

The briefing was held at Camp Shelby in Mississippi and listed the AFA alongside domestic hate groups like the Ku Klux Klan, Neo-Nazis, the Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam.

A soldier who attended the briefing contacted me and sent me a photograph of a slide show presentation that listed AFA as a domestic hate group. Under the AFA headline is a photograph of Westboro Baptist Church preacher Fred Phelps holding a sign reading “No special law for f***.”

American Family Association has absolutely no affiliation with the controversial church group known for picketing the funerals of American service members.

“I had to show Americans what our soldiers are now being taught,” said the soldier who asked not to be identified. “I couldn’t just let this one pass.”
------
The soldier said he was “completely taken back by this blatant attack not only on the AFA but Christians and our beliefs.”

It’s not the first time the Army has accused conservative Christian groups of being domestic hate groups.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/10/14/exclusive-us-army-defines-christian-ministry-domestic-hate-group

Obama is not going to be satisfied until he has a fully gay/lesbian/transgendered, atheist, black army.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Online GourmetDan

Re: Exclusive: US Army Defines Christian Ministry as 'Domestic Hate Group'
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:50:25 pm »
Obama is not going to be satisfied until he has a fully gay/lesbian/transgendered, atheist, black army.

You won't even have to ask them if they'll fire on American citizens...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 10:08:14 pm »
I looked at the AFA site. They do a lot of vilifying of homosexuals/homosexuality.

Integrating and normalizing homosexuals is the trend in our society and the military, like it or not. Just like integrating blacks was the trend in our society, a few decades ago.

The military has led, in both cases.

So to the military, as an institution, advocating against their objectives isn't something the military likes much.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:20:10 pm »
I looked at the AFA site. They do a lot of vilifying of homosexuals/homosexuality.

Integrating and normalizing homosexuals is the trend in our society and the military, like it or not. Just like integrating blacks was the trend in our society, a few decades ago.

The military has led, in both cases.

So to the military, as an institution, advocating against their objectives isn't something the military likes much.

Figures you'd be pro-queer.  Is there any liberal position you do not support?
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 10:21:07 pm »
The American Family Association is a domestic hate group because they condemn homosexuality? Don't a number of religious groups do the same including the Muslims? Are they all "domestic hate group(s)", truth_seeker? Ought they all, Catholics, Mormons, Southern Baptist, etc., be classified likewise?

The American Family Association has always been a bete´ noire for Liberals because it has consistently and relentlessly criticized the entertainment industry for its lack of morality, its violence, and its anti-Christianity. So it is a safe target and the reason it was chosen was to isolate morally outspoken Christians, make them a target, and expand the classification later when needed.

The ultimate goal? You won't even have to ask them if they'll fire on American citizens..., especially those who "hate".
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:21:55 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 10:44:42 pm »
Figures you'd be pro-queer.  Is there any liberal position you do not support?
I am neither pro or anti homosexual. I simply outlined the logic of the position taken by the military. Several in my family, me included, served and some were career military.

I am an old fashioned personal-freedom conservative, like Goldwater and Cheney, from the inter-mountain west. As such I don't bother my head, with others' business. And I expect them to leave me alone, too.

If you insist on calling it "pro-queer" that is up to you. If you think you do any good for conservatism by doing so, I believe you are mistaken.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln