Author Topic: Michelle Bachmann: We Should Impeach Obama, He Is Close To A “Dictatorship”  (Read 1328 times)

Offline happyg

In  a telephone interview sponsored by TeaParty.net Michelle Bachmann (R-MN.) described President Barack Obama’s recent actions as “impeachable offenses”, but said impeachment would likely have no effect on changing leadership inWashington.

While the potential to impeach the president is very real given the Republican majority in the House, Bachmann said Tuesday the point is moot due to Harry Reid’s presence in the Senate.

“Impeachment occurs in the House, so if you remember historically… [When] President Bill Clinton was impeached, he was impeached in the House, but he wasn’t removed from office because it’s the Senate that removes,” Bachmann said. “And the Senate did not remove him from office.”

“We can have an impeachment hearing in the House, and in my mind, the President has committed impeachable offenses, but that doesn’t mean that he would be removed… Unless there’s some miracle that happens, Harry Reid is not going to remove Barack Obama from office,” Bachmann finished.

With the idea of impeachment discarded, Bachman began to clarify just how critical the battle House Republicans are now fighting.

This fight were in right now is so much bigger than just Obamacare, it’s bigger than the out of control debt. What this is about is whether or not we will hold on to a constitutional republic, because Barack Obama has decided that he is going to delegate power to himself, and that [Republicans] don’t count with our voice in the House.”

Later Bachmann paralleled the implications of the U.S. situation and it’s inability to impeach the president to the conflict in Egypt this summer, and warned of potential actions by disgruntled citizens.

“The people there did not have impeachment: they rose up, and threw off the Muslim brotherhood from power because they couldn’t stand the tyrannical oppression.” Bachman continued, “I think here we could be on the cusp of seeing some civil disobedience; I’m not saying I want civil disobedience. but people are going to take the thuggery of this president much longer, and that’s part of what were trying to do as the people’s voice in the House of Representatives.”

“I want the Tea Party to know they made a profound difference and what they’re fighting for is to see if we’re actually going to be a constitutional republic or if we’re going to be totally devolved into a dictatorship under somebody like Barack Obama.”

Written by Martin Defrancesco.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/10/25925-michelle-bachmann-we-should-impeach-obama-he-is-close-to-a-dictatorship/

Offline Olivia

"This fight were in right now is so much bigger than just Obamacare, it’s bigger than the out of control debt. What this is about is whether or not we will hold on to a constitutional republic, because Barack Obama has decided that he is going to delegate power to himself, and that [Republicans] don’t count with our voice in the House.”

What a true statement!  People can call her all kind of names but she's right.
Conservative Congressmen & women are being vilified as though they're in the wrong when all the time they're trying to save our country from a dictator!  Most Americans are asleep at the wheel and will wake up when it's too late!
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"This fight were in right now is so much bigger than just Obamacare, it’s bigger than the out of control debt. What this is about is whether or not we will hold on to a constitutional republic, because Barack Obama has decided that he is going to delegate power to himself, and that [Republicans] don’t count with our voice in the House.”

OH yeah! Right on the mark!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

What a true statement!  People can call her all kind of names but she's right.
Conservative Congressmen & women are being vilified as though they're in the wrong when all the time they're trying to save our country from a dictator!  Most Americans are asleep at the wheel and will wake up when it's too late!

I heard her on Hannity today and she is making a lot of sense in this regard.  Unfortunately she did so much damage to herself with what she did in the primaries last year ....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The headline seems a little bit misleading, since she acknowledges full well the impossibility of such a move.

That is one major flaw I do notice in the Constitution. If a leader in the Senate is involved in such blatant and criminal obstruction, it makes it impossible to remove him, since the majority of the Senate backs him. It is such a blatant conflict of interest that it isn't even funny.

I know Mark Levin made note of potential amendments to the Constitution. Perhaps one that should be considered is an alternate impeachment process for Senators, so that the people complicit in a Senator's crimes don't get to choose his fate.

As for Bachmann... part of that was indeed her own doing, but the other part is the "right thought" and "wrong thought" ideology the media has been pushing as of late. Of course, her husband was involved in leading people away from the homosexual agenda, so that means she must be ridiculed under the media ideology, since that is "wrong thought."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:20:20 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Olivia

As for Bachmann... part of that was indeed her own doing, but the other part is the "right thought" and "wrong thought" ideology the media has been pushing as of late. Of course, her husband was involved in leading people away from the homosexual agenda, so that means she must be ridiculed under the media ideology, since that is "wrong thought."

"Wrong thought" has now been changed to "hate thought."
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim