Author Topic: 146,000 Michiganders - at least - face loss of cheaper policies under new health care reform rules  (Read 1079 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
At least 146,000 Michiganders — and possibly thousands more — with health coverage purchased directly from insurers now are learning their polices will end Dec. 31 because they don’t meet the minimum requirements of the federal health care act....

http://www.freep.com/article/20131013/NEWS06/310130056/Individual-polices-being-dropped-Obamacare-Michigan

Offline Rapunzel

I heard on the news an hour ago a woman in PA is out protesting today, she went to see what it will cost and went from $200 a month for her family to just under $1000 - she said she will have to decide between insurance (which she currently has) and feeding her family.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I heard on the news an hour ago a woman in PA is out protesting today, she went to see what it will cost and went from $200 a month for her family to just under $1000 - she said she will have to decide between insurance (which she currently has) and feeding her family.

Ironically, the very type of story that was used to sell 0-Care to the public is the type of situation it is creating.

Offline Rapunzel

Ironically, the very type of story that was used to sell 0-Care to the public is the type of situation it is creating.

Yes, and I'd find it funny if it wasn't so damned pathetic.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776