Author Topic: Gallup: Obama Approval Nears Historic Lows  (Read 2064 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gallup: Obama Approval Nears Historic Lows
« on: October 14, 2013, 08:01:15 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/14/Gallup-Obama-Approval-Nears-Historic-Lows

by Mike Flynn 14 Oct 2013, 11:48 AM PDT

Gallup's latest Presidential tracking poll finds that only 41% of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing. A solid majority, 53%, disapprove of the job he is doing. Obama's poll numbers are approaching the lowest of his Presidency, reached in October 2011, in the aftermath of the last debt ceiling debate. Gallup's latest numbers also show a dramatic drop in Obama's approval since immediately before the partial government shutdown.

Obama's lowest approval ratings in the Gallup survey were in October, 2011. Just 38% of Americans approved of his job performance, while 54% disapproved. The results reported Monday are well within the poll's margin of error of that low.

At the end of September, on the eve of the government shutdown and launch of ObamaCare, 44% of Americans approved of Obama's job performance, while 48% disapproved. Gallup's latest poll finds an 8-point swing against Obama since the start of the partial government shutdown.

The conventional wisdom in DC and across the media is that the current fiscal stand-off hurts Republicans exclusively. Unfortunately, many Republican lawmakers seem to believe this as well. This belief prompted them last week to offer major concessions to end the fiscal stalemate.

Obama rejected those offers, preferring to leave the threat of possible default on the table to extract more concessions. The Gallup poll, however, shows that this strategy is risky for Obama. If the stand-off exclusively hurt Republicans, one would have expected Obama's numbers to rise in the wake of the partial government shutdown.

That clearly isn't the case today.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Olivia

Re: Gallup: Obama Approval Nears Historic Lows
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:43:49 pm »
I disapprove of him 100%.  Does that count double?
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 08:46:22 pm »

Have you ever been asked your opinions about anything by ANY national polling organization?

Most people have not and never will be! Believe me when I tell you that those people know exactly how to get the result they are being paid to produce!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:47:18 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 08:48:36 pm »

I'm only at 96% disapproval myself. It seems he loves his daughters and dog so that gives him a few points... that's about it.  :smokin:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 08:49:50 pm »
Have you ever been asked your opinions about anything by ANY national polling organization?

Most people have not and never will be! Believe me when I tell you that those people know exactly how to get the result they are being paid to produce!

I noticed since I started working at home a lot, that I do receive polling calls during the day, none at night. I think most people miss them during the day because they are at work. I always just hang up on them a few seconds after i realize what it is.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 08:50:47 pm »

Never been asked!  Living in the south might have something to do with that.  :laugh:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Olivia

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 08:52:10 pm »
I'm only at 96% disapproval myself. It seems he loves his daughters and dog so that gives him a few points... that's about it.  :smokin:

I've never seen him with the dog.  He even flies him separate when they travel.
Wonder why that is?   :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 08:56:32 pm »

I don't believe you.  You know nothing about the methodologies pollsters use.  After last November, those who discount polls ought to have learned their lessons.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 09:01:11 pm »
I don't believe you.  You know nothing about the methodologies pollsters use.  After last November, those who discount polls ought to have learned their lessons.

I don't give one hoot in hell what you do or do not believe! Polling is a science and those who practice it know how it works quite well!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 10:25:57 pm »

Good grief, Sink!!! Ask R4 she was polled THREE times during the last election and every time she started to answer she was a conservative THEY HUNG UP ON HER!!!!  Don't believe me, ask her... she posted the complete transcripts of the questions and how far they got with her answers at the time.  You really need to take off the rose-colored glasses.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 11:02:26 pm »
Good grief, Sink!!! Ask R4 she was polled THREE times during the last election and every time she started to answer she was a conservative THEY HUNG UP ON HER!!!!  Don't believe me, ask her... she posted the complete transcripts of the questions and how far they got with her answers at the time.  You really need to take off the rose-colored glasses.
If the polling firm needed more liberals, and she said conservative--they didn't need her.

The same would apply, for men vs. women, different age groups, etc. I doubt that satisfies, but it is the truth.

The last rose colored glasses I recall were those worn by conservatives in denial, just prior to Nov. 2012. Some had become convinced that polls were wrong.

But the polls weren't wrong.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 11:12:25 pm »
But the polls weren't wrong.

Really?

Post-Mortems on 2012 Polling
 Now that all of the polling information is out there, Silver and his team are sorting through it. As he breaks down the data, there were three things that really surprised me:
◾First, Gallupwasn’t even close. Silver never liked the numbers Gallup was getting, and was clearly not weighing them heavily in his model. As it turns out Gallup finished dead last among similar polling outfits, showing a 7.2% bias toward Romney. Silver’s reasoning was simple. “Gallup has now had three poor elections in a row. In 2008, their polls overestimated Mr. Obama’s performance, while in 2010, they overestimated how well Republicans would do in the race for the United States House.”
◾Second, NPR had a higher bias for Romney than did Fox News (3.6 pt. bias for NPR / 2.6 pt. bias for FN).
◾Third, effective polling methodology has changed. According to Silver, the most accurate polling samples came from pollsters who used internet polling. The second best method was the live pollster making a live phone call. The worst method was the robo-call. It’s a shift to be sure. Silver wrote, “Perhaps it won’t be long before Google, not Gallup, is the most trusted name in polling.”

The Top Five Pollsters in 2012
1.Investor’s Business Daily wins the most accurate polling data for 2012
2.Google – came in a close second
3.The Mellman Group, led by Mark Mellman, shined again this year in third place
4.RAND Corp., a non-profit research group, came in fourth.
5.CNN finished out the top 5

Other notables

6. Reuters – just out of the top five
 11. Quinnipiac – middle of the pack for one of the high profile polls
 12. Marist
 19. Zogby

Who Were the Worst Pollsters in 2012?

Rasumussen
 American Research
 Mason-Dixon
 Gallup was dead last

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/paperbacktheology/2012/11/the-best-or-worst-pollsters-in-the-2012-election-how-did-nate-silver-do-it.html

Some were, some weren't. You cannot make this, But the polls weren't wrong. , a universal statement.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 11:58:18 pm »

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”

--Thomas Paine

- J. R. R. Tolkien