Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: 'Best Thing for the Republican Party' to Let Obamacare Proceed  (Read 1623 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/13/Lindsey-Graham-calls-on-Paul-Ryan-to-team-with-Boehner-to-protect-Obamacare

by Matthew Boyle 13 Oct 2013   

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) called on House Budget Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) to work with House Speaker John Boehner to pass a grand bargain deal that would end the government shutdown, raise the debt ceiling, and protect Obamacare by not delaying or defunding it.

On ABC News’ This Week, Graham said Ryan should team with Boehner to pass some kind of deal “that doesn’t delay or defund [Obamacare] but would be good government.”

“That’s the best thing for the Republican Party and for the country,” Graham said. “But as between House and Senate Republicans, the sooner this is over, the better for us, guys.”

Ryan took the lead in House negotiations and has offered a plan that would give President Barack Obama a clean debt ceiling increase while reopening the government in exchange for a repeal of the medical device sales tax in Obamacare and two changes to Obamacare that would, as some conservatives have said, ensure America has Obamacare “forever.”

Ryan fired shots at Senate Republicans.

“They’re trying to cut the House out, and trying to jam us with the Senate. We’re not going to roll over and take that,” Ryan said, according to the National Review.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

What a nitwit.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There is a contingent here that seems to feel the same way.

I venture to guess that they won't be the ones actually HURT by it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cincinnatus

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) called on House Budget Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) to work with House Speaker John Boehner to pass a grand bargain deal that would end the government shutdown, raise the debt ceiling, and protect Obamacare by not delaying or defunding it.

Wouldn't it have been simpler if he had just said give in to Obama on everything?

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Liberal_Spy

I feel that if Obamacare is going to hurt the United States so much, the right should let him hang himself with it. If it's a complete flop and a total failure it can just be undone later, and it would make Obama and the left look very bad/ineffective.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:11:44 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline aligncare

Originally, I thought so, too. But, legislation is like cancer. Once you've got it it's tough to get rid of.

Online mountaineer

I feel that if Obamacare is going to hurt the United States so much, the right should let him hang himself with it. If it's a complete flop and a total failure it can just be undone later, and it would make Obama and the left look very bad/ineffective.
A lot of people feel that way. The problem is that while we're waiting for it to be undone - and there's no guarantee it ever will be undone - a lot of people will suffer greatly, both medically and financially.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Yep, better to prevent it.

Offline Cincinnatus

The problem is that while we're waiting for it to be undone - and there's no guarantee it ever will be undone - a lot of people will suffer greatly, both medically and financially.

Exactly. It is to be opposed on principle.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

You stop fighting it now only if you want a single payer - government run - system. I do not and frankly you should not, either, unless you are comfortable with Uncle Sam telling you everything you can and cannot do in your daily life - because if they control your healthcare they control you 100%.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Relic

The American public is stupid, and easily led by the media. There will be token complaints in the media, but if allowed to press forward, Obamacare will be declared a success by the media. Any shortcomings will be explained as the best you can do with the current system, hence the need for a single payer system.

The only thing I can think of that Obama could do to draw the ire of his adoring sycophants in the media is switch parties to Republican.

Offline happyg

I wish Lindsey would just shut his flapper. If he was really for the people, he would follow true conservatives. Instead, he wants to be a leader who can't lead.

Offline Rapunzel

He's part of the problem in DC - not the solution.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776