Author Topic:  (Read 1158 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: October 14, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:00:29 PM »
Some of the people you can fool all of the time.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 04:25:29 PM »
I wonder how the author of the piece feels about the other individual who pretends to be above the fray?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 04:43:44 PM »
Wearing thin with who?  The Washington elites? If so that is a very GOOD thing and we need much more of it!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:44:41 PM by Bigun »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 04:53:31 PM »

He thought at the beginning that he was doing what the American people wanted him to do. He didn't realize that most Americans are lazy when it comes to standing up for our rights and that's why the government is walking all over us. We grumble for awhile but that's about it.
The media is also doing the same thing to him they did to Sarah Palin.

Cruz knew he was not going to defund or delay Obamacare.  He knew it.  And he also knew that the majority of Americans opposed shutting down the government over what he was trying to do.

So, no, it's not true that he was doing what the American people wanted him to do.  He was doing what HE wanted to do, and it blew up in his face.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 04:55:18 PM »
Cruz knew he was not going to defund or delay Obamacare.  He knew it.  And he also knew that the majority of Americans opposed shutting down the government over what he was trying to do.

So, no, it's not true that he was doing what the American people wanted him to do.  He was doing what HE wanted to do, and it blew up in his face.

Whether it blew up in his face or not remains to be seen.  The people that agree with him are not being counted.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 04:57:49 PM »
Whether it blew up in his face or not remains to be seen.  The people that agree with him are not being counted.

Really?  So only people that hate Cruz are being counted by pollsters.  Is that what you believe?

Offline Olivia

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »
Really?  So only people that hate Cruz are being counted by pollsters.  Is that what you believe?

I don't know who they're polling but polls can be manipulated.  I'm saying the media is trying desperately to vilify him in every way possible.
The media works for Obama.  Can't have someone as honest and reasonable as Ted Cruz running things in Washington.  Better to "nip it in the bud."  You know, like they did to Sarah Palin.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 05:11:17 PM »
I don't know who they're polling but polls can be manipulated.  I'm saying the media is trying desperately to vilify him in every way possible.
The media works for Obama.  Can't have someone as honest and reasonable as Ted Cruz running things in Washington.  Better to "nip it in the bud."  You know, like they did to Sarah Palin.

So you think polling companies, whose reputations are based on the accuracy of their polls, are intentionally wrecking future opportunities by manipulating the results? 

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 05:13:17 PM »
It's so enlightening to read a list of factually unsupported assertions issued by someone who pretends to act in defense of losers that he secretly despises (in this case, RINO Republicans) but who, knowing their place, are felicitously willing to lose every damn time.  What Weinstein is really complaining about is the uncomfortable presence of someone who is maddeningly unwilling to play according to Washington's established rules of the game, where RINO Republicans always lose to their "social betters", who believe in fact that they are superior, just as the RINO's believe in their own diminutive, second-class status. They're not "worthy". So they go out to dinner with the Democrats who hate them and call them names, and feel grateful for it. Stockholm Syndrome is not just for hostages.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 05:16:38 PM »
It's so enlightening to read a list of factually unsupported assertions issued by someone who pretends to act in defense of losers that he secretly despises (in this case, RINO Republicans) but who, knowing their place, are felicitously willing to lose every damn time.  What Weinstein is really complaining about is the uncomfortable presence of someone who is maddeningly unwilling to play according to Washington's established rules of the game, where RINO Republicans always lose to their "social betters", who believe in fact that they are superior, just as the RINO's believe in their own diminutive, second-class status. They're not "worthy". So they go out to dinner with the Democrats who hate them and call them names, and feel grateful for it. Stockholm Syndrome is not just for hostages.

BRAVO!!! Well stated!

Offline Olivia

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 05:23:16 PM »
So you think polling companies, whose reputations are based on the accuracy of their polls, are intentionally wrecking future opportunities by manipulating the results?

Yes, that's what I'm saying.  Anything for the cause of protecting the democrats.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 05:27:39 PM »

The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 05:28:17 PM »
Yes, that's what I'm saying.  Anything for the cause of protecting the democrats.

I would amend your statement by changing only one word to read:

Yes, that's what I'm saying.  Anything for the cause of protecting the system!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 05:29:45 PM by Bigun »

Offline Olivia

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 05:37:52 PM »
I would amend your statement by changing only one word to read:

Yes, that's what I'm saying.  Anything for the cause of protecting the system!

:amen:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 05:45:37 PM »

goopo
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 06:08:29 PM »

You know that's dumb,don't you?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf