Author Topic: Army to spend billions on new uniform.  (Read 1410 times)

Offline PzLdr

Re: Army to spend billions on new uniform.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:14:05 pm »
Waffen SS camo should be going pretty cheap. And it was pretty good.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:54:24 pm »
The Army has been replacing the unpopular Universal Camouflage Pattern (UPC) for a couple of years now with the much better MultiCam pattern that was introduced in 2010.   
But it’s not a waste of money to replace the UPC as some critics say. The waste of money was adopting the UPC in the first place.
Soldiers hate the UPC adopted in 2004.   They performed horribly in Afghanistan. One of the top complaints is at night they stand out like a chemlight making soldiers easy targets for snipers once the sun goes down.  And the UPC colors would be suitable for a battle in a gravel pit, but for the high desert they did stood out like a sore thumb. The hostiles have a huge advantage dressing like villagers and using more earthy colors that blended in far better, and they learned how to  easily disappear into the terrain or into a crowd of villagers.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 08:21:23 pm »
   They performed horribly in Afghanistan. One of the top complaints is at night they stand out like a chemlight making soldiers easy targets for snipers once the sun goes down. 

Those uniforms performed horribly everywhere. The camo pattern is useless. I don't know who had the bright idea of using velcro on uniforms, but they should be slapped.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 08:30:04 pm »
Those uniforms performed horribly everywhere. The camo pattern is useless. I don't know who had the bright idea of using velcro on uniforms, but they should be slapped.

Nay, mate. Stick them out on patrol in the "oh shit" zone and needing something from one of their pockets.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 10:47:35 pm »
I don't know who had the bright idea of using velcro on uniforms, but they should be slapped.

I used to complain about that constantly. That shit will get caught on all kinds of random stuff and make that loud velcro tear noise. Not very stealthy.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 10:48:46 pm »
Nay, mate. Stick them out on patrol in the "oh shit" zone and needing something from one of their pockets.

The name, U.S Army tag, flag and rank are all velcro.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 11:08:11 pm »
I hate velcro. I get it too near my fine cashmere sweaters and then...oops!  8888forgot

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 01:15:55 pm »
And what's with MY Navy replacing dungarees for blue camo?  How much did that bright idea cost the American taxpayer?   Must have been some sort of idiot idea for a recruiting ploy - join us and you get to wear camo just like the Army and Marines.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 02:04:15 am »
I used to complain about that constantly. That shit will get caught on all kinds of random stuff and make that loud velcro tear noise. Not very stealthy.
SF guys tried that stuff in the 90's and quickly reverted to buttons or zippers for pockets, and sewed everything else on. We found that velcro loses it's hook-and-pile attributes when wet or dirty. You already mentioned the noise factor.
There is always some pog who thinks things like that are high-speed and wants to shove it down everyone's throat. IMO - everyone should go back to the fatigue uniform as a duty uniform. 
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.