Author Topic: TGI Friday’s Is Taking Action After Muslim Woman Claims Waiters Put Bacon in Her Straw  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Olivia

Employees of a TGI Friday’s in Garland, Texas, will undergo special training after a Muslim woman claims she found bacon in her straw earlier this month.

Nicole Queen charges that her waiter initially seemed irritated when she asked to have bacon removed from a Cobb salad she ordered. Muslims, of course, are not permitted to eat pork. Later, when another waiter later asked her if she wanted a refill of her drink in a to-go cup, she answered affirmatively.

But when Queen made it out to the parking lot, she claims she found bacon inside the straw, WFAA-TV reports. Believing that the forbidden food was intentionally placed, she confronted the manager, but left the location on the day of the incident without a resolution.
------
Rather than keep quiet, Queen made the incident public, leading TGI Friday’s to officially respond and take action. The company subsequently said in a statement that it is “very sorry for her experience” and apologized that she was not treated with respect.
------
Following the bacon debacle, every employee at the Garland location will now go through a special training session in an effort to discuss what happened, review the company’s values and ensure that future guests do not face the same problems.

Queen’s website describes her as a former Christian and party girl who converted to Islam. She is now an activist, photographer and public speaker. Throughout the ordeal she said she had no intention of suing TGI Friday’s and maintained that she merely wanted to right a discriminatory wrong.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/14/tgi-fridays-responds-to-muslim-womans-claim-that-waiters-put-bacon-in-her-straw/

Wouldn't it have been easier to order the cobb salad without bacon?
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Wouldn't it have been easier to order the cobb salad without bacon?

She did. Asked for it to be removed - one would assume at the time of ordering, as, if it came to the table with bacon on it, she would have to request it re-made since there would be pork fat residue in the salad. Also banned.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

I wonder how many kids are being carted around in the back of her party van?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
One child - a son - and a daughter on the way. Husband is Jordanian. It was a quick check to do.

Offline mountaineer

Throughout the ordeal she said she had no intention of suing TGI Friday’s and maintained that she merely wanted to right a discriminatory wrong.
As there appears to be no proof of her allegations, a lawsuit would be ill-advised. So how else should these alleged wrongs be righted?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

One child - a son - and a daughter on the way. Husband is Jordanian. It was a quick check to do.

and thank you so very, very much for doing it for me!  What's all this then?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
and thank you so very, very much for doing it for me!  What's all this then?

I honestly don't know, old friend. If she were Jewish, would anyone be upset that she got upset at being given bacon? Or given meat on a Friday if she were a Catholic?

I reckon it was some a** of a server who didn't like the extra work involved in customizing a dish and who got some nicely petty revenge.

I honestly don't know, old friend. If she were Jewish, would anyone be upset that she got upset at being given bacon? Or given meat on a Friday if she were a Catholic?

I reckon it was some a** of a server who didn't like the extra work involved in customizing a dish and who got some nicely petty revenge.

Oh, sorry for two unrelated sentences in the same paragraph.  The "What's all this then?" was an homage, a reference, a bon mots in thanks for your work.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Queen’s website describes her as a former Christian and party girl who converted to Islam. She is now an activist, photographer and public speaker.

Duh!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Olivia

"Nicole Queen charges that her waiter initially seemed irritated when she asked to have bacon removed from a Cobb salad she ordered."

You missed my point.  Why didn't she order, "a Cobb salad without bacon?"  Sounds like she wanted to make a scene by letting the cook put it on the salad so she could complain.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Cincinnatus

Or it never happened, or she planted the piece of bacon (if there was one).
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

That is what I think. Most likely, the waiter just got another salad. They don't remove parts of it, which I assume to be illegal, unless the waiter wore plastic gloves.

Online Millee

My first thought too.  Just because she said it happened doesn't mean it happened.   :nono:

Offline collins

This story really rings false. I've waited tables before, and there are a lot of people that do these kind of things but the staff is taught that the customer is always right and to "correct" any kind of misunderstanding. Here, we'd probably have given her a new salad and comped it - the LAST thing a server would do is to get all huffy and put bacon in a straw. This story is bogus.