Author Topic: Jesus edited out of reality show to AVOID OFFENDING muslims  (Read 1665 times)

rangerrebew

Jesus edited out of reality show to AVOID OFFENDING muslims
« on: October 14, 2013, 11:09:34 am »
Jesus Edited Out of Reality Show to Avoid Offending Muslims

Posted By Frank Camp on Oct 12, 2013 | 489 Comments

P. D. James said: “I believe that political correctness can be a form of linguistic fascism, and it sends shivers down the spine of my generation who went to war against fascism.”

What is political correctness? Political correctness is the removal or whitewashing of words and actions from society that may offend certain individuals’ religious, ethnic, or racial sensibilities. In other words, it’s the forced politeness brought upon us by a society dominated by fear of legal or physical retaliation.

I detest political correctness, not only because it’s an insidious social control mechanism, but because it is not culturally enforced in any fair way. Don’t misunderstand me, when I say that political correctness isn’t enforced in any fair way, I don’t mean that it is enforced inconsistently. The inequality of PCness lies in its enforcement, in that it specifically and routinely protects one religion over another, one political stance over another, and one social belief over another. Political correctness belongs to the Left, and as such, only exists to protect Liberal ideology.

According to Breitbart:

“Speaking with Sports Spectrum magazine, Duck Dynasty stars Willie and Phil Robertson stated that editors on Duck Dynasty had edited out Jesus’ name in prayers to spare Muslim sensitivities. Phil stated: When we prayed, we said, ‘in Jesus’ name, amen.’ I don’t have a verse that says you must always use pray in the name of Jesus, but it’s a very good idea, I think. So they would have me say, ‘Thank you, Oh Lord, for the food, thank you for the leavens, amen.’ So I said, ‘Why would you cut out “in Jesus’ name”? And they said, ‘Well, those editors are probably doing that, they think, you know, it might offend some of the Muslims, you know.’”

Allow me to reverse the situation for the purposes of our education. If an extremely popular television show that was based around Muslim business owners was to feature regular prayers, would the editors ask the same thing of the Muslims as they did of the Dynasty crew? Would the editors cut out the name of Allah in order to make Christian viewers feel more comfortable, and less alienated? I can answer that without question: NO. If the situation were reversed, the media would endlessly praise how culturally significant it was to have a Muslim business in television. They would have no care for Christian viewers, because it would be absolutely stupid and asinine to care about something so trivial.

So why—the situation being as it is—are the editors so concerned with offending Muslims? Because Islam is a protected entity, just as abortion clinics, gay marriage, illegal aliens, and every other Liberal item on the checklist is protected. It is not only protected from offense, but from scrutiny and criticism as well. It is an entity that lives inside a steel media bubble.

It is protected for one reason: to safeguard the illusion of Liberal compassion. Liberals fain compassion to get anything they want from the constituents about whom they pretend to care. It’s all a power grab. Christians represent many things that the elite Left despises: family values, not murdering children, not rewarding law-breakers, etc, so they have no need to protect those for whom they have no use. You can see it everywhere: the Left only offers PC protection to those who benefit the Left. Everyone else is useless to their agenda, and therefore left unprotected.

Take notice of who the Left shields from inquiry and criticism. It will show you just who they need to push their agenda forward

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/3368/jesus-edited-reality-show-avoid-offending-muslims/#X6be78PMpVyCmXEf.99

Offline Olivia

Re: Jesus edited out of reality show to AVOID OFFENDING muslims
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:40:45 am »
If there's ever been a time in history that Christians needed to stand up and be counted, it's now.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 12:07:12 pm »
I think, in this particular case, it had more to do with ratings.  JMHO

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 12:14:35 pm »
There are three other alternatives:

1.  Break their contract and go back to making calls and accessories in anonymity.

2.  Wait for the contract to expire and sell the show to another network.

3.  Wait for the contract to expire and go back to making the calls in anonymity.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 02:12:29 pm »

I think it may have to do with offending the atheist leftists as well as the Muslims.

btw, I've seen a few Duck Dynasty's, and Jesus' Name was still in their prayer, in the broadcasts I saw.

I think Phil and Willie may have won this one.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 02:19:27 pm »

I can't begin to imagine liberals enjoying a show about poor Christians who don't need the government. :taz:

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 02:44:27 pm »
Jesus Edited Out of Reality Show to Avoid Offending Muslims

Interview with Phil and Miss Kay on the 700 Club.  Starts about 29 minutes in.

http://gnli.christianpost.com/video/duck-dynasty-stars-phil-miss-kay-the-700-club-may-15-2013-9869

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 02:47:07 pm »

I think in this particular case I agree with you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 03:37:40 pm »
I can't begin to imagine liberals enjoying a show about poor Christians who don't need the government. :taz:

Hey man, these are RICH Christians who don't need the government.

They make liberals apoplectic!

(And actually, the ratings are fantastic BECAUSE they say what they think, and don't engage in leftist PC nonsense).

Oh, yeah............and it was the network who pursued them.  These rednecks are in the catbird seat here.

Cable TV needs them more than they need cable TV.

It's sweet!     :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 04:48:02 pm »
If there's ever been a time in history that Christians needed to stand up and be counted, it's now.

I agree.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 05:01:51 pm »
I think, in this particular case, it had more to do with ratings.

That attributes to the Robinsons a deviousness and dishonesty that is nowhere else apparent in anything they do.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 05:43:29 pm »
I think, in this particular case, it had more to do with ratings.

That attributes to the Robinsons a deviousness and dishonesty that is nowhere else apparent in anything they do.

I completely concur, Cincinnatus.