Author Topic: DEVELOPING… OutBound Flights Halted – Dry Ice Bomb Found At LAX Terminal 2  (Read 1562 times)

famousdayandyear

DEVELOPING… OutBound Flights Halted – Dry Ice Bomb Found At LAX Terminal 2

#CNNbreaking: LAX Terminal 2 still closed after "incident"; No damage or injuries. #FBI leading the investigation @cnn

— AnneClaire Stapleton (@AnneClaireCNN) October 14, 2013

Departing flights are halted from Los Angeles International Terminal 2 after discovery of dry ice bomb in bathroom – @NBCLA

— Breaking News (@BreakingNews) October 14, 2013

famousdayandyear

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/

Breaking: Reports of Explosion At LAX Airport, Terminal 2 Shut Down
Posted by Andrea Ryan on Sunday, October 13, 2013, 10:21 PM

Reports of a small explosion at LAX Airport, caused by dry ice in a bottle.  Terminal 2 is shut down.  No flights are departing.

The story is developing on Twitter…

BREAKING NEWS: EXPLOSION REPORTED AT TERMINAL 2 AT LAX AIRORT. EMERGENCY PERSONNEL RUSHING. #911BUFF

— Operator (@911BUFF) October 14, 2013

UPDATE: TERMINAL 2 AT LAX AIRORT SHUT DOWN AFTER DRY ICE IN A BOTTLE CAUSED A SMALL EXPLOSION. NO FLIGHTS DEPARTING FROM THAT TERMINAL.

— Operator (@911BUFF) October 14, 2013

BREAKING NEWS: Firefighters and police are responding to an explosion at LAX Airport. Monitor… http://t.co/cgALAwwVRT

— The Sheboygan Daily (@SheboyganDaily) October 14, 2013

#LAX Airport police spokeswoman: “I don’t know if this is something that was done accidentially or on purpose.” Again, dry ice exploded.

— Brian Sumers (@BrianSumers) October 14, 2013

#LAX airport police spokeswoman: The dry ice explosion at Terminal 2 happened near Gate 27. Again, no flights departing from that terminal

— Brian Sumers (@BrianSumers) October 14, 2013

Stuck on the tarmac at LAX due to terminal 2 being in lock down after they found a suspicious package… This cld take a while!

— WeddingCamper (@WeddingCamper) October 14, 2013

#BREAKING: Flights departing from #LAX Terminal 2 halted until further notice due to possible dry ice bomb in bathroom.

— NBC Los Angeles (@NBCLA) October 14, 2013

#BREAKINGNEWS Dry ice in bottle explodes in LAX restroom, per LAX police. No one hurt. Departures from Terminal 2 halted

— ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) October 14, 2013

Offline Rapunzel

Probably not related, but I did see something this week on Wilkow about all the dry runs pilots and passengers are reporting on their flights of late...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Dry ice bomb is the instrument of choice for a prankster.  Cheap, easy to make, and they make a big boom.

When I was a kid, a friend and I put about 20 all over a park and waited in the woods for them to go boom.  From lots of practice, we actually knew how to make them go off after a specific amount of time by adding certain amounts of water to the bottle.  Needless to say the cops came out and we took off running.  Thank God they never found out it was us.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

famousdayandyear

Dry ice bomb is the instrument of choice for a prankster.  Cheap, easy to make, and they make a big boom.

When I was a kid, a friend and I put about 20 all over a park and waited in the woods for them to go boom.  From lots of practice, we actually knew how to make them go off after a specific amount of time by adding certain amounts of water to the bottle.  Needless to say the cops came out and we took off running.  Thank God they never found out it was us.

So.  Long story short--this is a prank?  Should post be removed?

Oceander

Careful there.  The NSA may be informing your local constabulary as we post.  Be wary of any knocks on the door in the next few weeks!

:bigsilly:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Careful there.  The NSA may be informing your local constabulary as we post.  Be wary of any knocks on the door in the next few weeks!

:bigsilly:

I think the statute of limitations ran out at least 15 years ago.  :tongue2:
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

So.  Long story short--this is a prank?  Should post be removed?

No reason to remove it.  It is news.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

No reason to remove it.  It is news.

It's goofy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

famousdayandyear

It's goofy.

Stick to your expertise:

Write code
Adopt cat
Piss on everybody
Cash checks
Repeat

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
It's goofy.

Don't you have to go rant about Ted Cruz or Sarah Palin?

Offline Cincinnatus

Thank God they never found out it was us.

Until now.

I think the statute of limitations ran out at least 15 years ago

"Think" or "know"?

My guess is the NSA is updating its file on you even as we speak (well, I guess I mean type, but you get the idea).
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams