Author Topic: Why did Krauthammer agree to an off-the-record meeting with Obama? [VIDEO]  (Read 403 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/13/why-did-krauthammer-agree-to-an-off-the-record-meeting-with-obama-video/

Why did Krauthammer agree to an off-the-record meeting with Obama? [VIDEO]

Posted By Jeff Poor On 4:34 PM 10/13/2013

President Barack Obama’s invited five conservative-leaning journalists to an off-the-record meeting last week to woo possible allies to his side for big, upcoming political battles, Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer believes.

“Well, I think he’s at a critical juncture where he’s taking a lot of heat from the right and the left,” Krauthammer said during a taped interview that aired on Fox News Channel’s recently launched “Media Buzz” program on Sunday. “He has got deadlines coming up and I think he wants to make as many friends as he can, or at least to make his case. The other interpretation is that if he can talk to [Iranian President] Hassan Rouhani, he figured he can now talk to me.”

Krauthammer said he plans to participate in the off-the-record event to analyze Obama.

“The president is the most important decision maker on the planet. Why would I turn down any opportunity to get a close look at how his mind works? That’s exactly what you get from an off-the-record meeting. But this is a serious attempt to get into his mind and understand what he’s thinking. That can always help you in analyzing what he says.”
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.” G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

• an hour ago

Kruathammer is as conservative as Walter Mondale's speech writer could be, uh, wait a minute...... Kruathammer was Walter Mondale's speech writer. Wasn't Modale a Democrat who ran against Ronaldus Magnus Reagan? Would that make Krauthammer a Democrat? So I guess he's a conservative Democrat? No wonder he hates Reagan and Cruz so much!
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.” G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

BTW THIS is what passes for "conservative" journalists in the MSM...

President Obama held an off-the-record meeting with five conservative journalists on Tuesday afternoon.

Present at the meeting were Charles Krauthammer, the Washington Post columnist and Fox News contributor; Paul Gigot, the Wall Street Journal editorial page editor; Robert Costa, the National Review's Washington editor; syndicated columnist Kathleen Parker; and Washington Examiner columnist Byron York, according to a source with knowledge of the meeting.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

“Well, I think he’s at a critical juncture where he’s taking a lot of heat from the right and the left,” Krauthammer said during a taped interview that aired on Fox News Channel’s recently launched “Media Buzz” program on Sunday. “He has got deadlines coming up and I think he wants to make as many friends as he can, or at least to make his case.

Well why not?  It worked on Bill O'Reilly from 2008 up until 8 months ago.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf