Author Topic: Media Targets Million Veteran March  (Read 26052 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Media Targets Million Veteran March
« on: October 14, 2013, 01:49:01 am »
http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013/10/13/media-targets-million-veteran-march/

Media Targets Million Veteran March

By: Oceander Loesch (Diary)  |  October 13th, 2013 at 02:45 PM  |  21

CNN published an article this morning purposefully painting the Million Veterans’s March as a “group of conservatives” who are basically birthers and racists and hate Obama. They completely ignored that this was a march organized by veterans for veterans to reclaim their right to visit open air memorials that they mostly funded themselves. No where in this article does CNN even identify the name of the march:

Angered by the closure of national landmarks due to the partial government shutdown, a crowd of conservatives removed barricades Sunday at the World War II Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial as they rallied against President Barack Obama and Democrats for their role in the ongoing stalemate.

A “crowd of conservatives?”

The rally, billed as the “Million Vet March on the Memorials,” drew far fewer than a million people and evolved into a protest that resembled familiar tea party events from 2009, with yellow “Don’t Tread On Me” flags throughout the crowd and strong anti-Obama language from the podium and the audience.

“Billed as.” Ignore the veterans, classify it as a bunch of hateful racists.

One speaker went as far as saying the president was a Muslim and separately urged the crowd of hundreds to initiate a peaceful uprising.

Who? Crickets when Harry Reid called conservatives anarchists last week and other Democrats name-called conservatives as Nazis and murderers in their tantrum over spending.

The purpose of this article was to disenfranchise veterans (once again) by omitting their participation in the event and cast it as a hateful tea party rally. Let it be on record that a network is attack veterans as such.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Media Targets Million Veteran March
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:51:35 am »
Political_Lizard
• an hour ago

Having attended this rally, I can tell everyone it was mostly veterans and there were thousands there not merely hundreds the Democratic propaganda machine would have you believe.

sybilll
• 4 hours ago

ABC Radio news reported that there were 50 protesters that carried the barricades to the White House. They never mentioned veterans. Fox Radio news' highlight of their report was of the arrest of an armed veteran. Journalism is dead. As a doornail.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:53:51 am »
Unfortunately, because this event took place on a Sunday during football season, 98% of Americans will never know it even happened.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 01:58:00 am »
I guess that's why you couldn't even must up even ONE POST in support of the veterans today? 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 01:58:40 am »
Unfortunately, because this event took place on a Sunday during football season, 98% of Americans will never know it even happened.

Newsflash. Football has nothing to do with it.  The media ignores it on purpose and misconstrues it on purpose.  In case you missed this date - tomorrow is Veterans Day.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 02:02:39 am »
I guess that's why you couldn't even must up even ONE POST in support of the veterans today?

I was busy with relatives and other things today.

I don't spend my life on the internet.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 02:03:19 am »
Newsflash. Football has nothing to do with it.  The media ignores it on purpose and misconstrues it on purpose.  In case you missed this date - tomorrow is Veterans Day.

Tomorrow is Columbus Day.  Veterans Day is in November.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 02:06:48 am »
Tomorrow is Columbus Day.  Veterans Day is in November.

Excuse me.  However today is the anniversary of the Navy.... so it is STILL a military-related holiday.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 02:07:02 am »

Hey, the thread is still up, and people are still posting on it.  Why don't you go over there and write a nice post of support for our veterans and what they did today?  Afraid it will make you sick to your stomach?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 02:07:32 am »

I said the same thing on another thread.  Even Fox is crappy on Sunday.  Short of a plane crash or nuke, they rarely cover anything.  If it is something that doesn't fit their narrative, then they will avoid it for certain.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:39:08 am by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 02:08:19 am »

:laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog: :pigs fly: :pigs fly: :pigs fly:

and you ARE here NOW... and where is YOUR support for the vets?  For what they did?  BTW did YOU ever serve?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 02:17:05 am »
Hey, the thread is still up, and people are still posting on it.  Why don't you go over there and write a nice post of support for our veterans and what they did today?  Afraid it will make you sick to your stomach?

I support the vets.  Glad they did what they did.

So let's see.  There was an illegal immigration demonstration this week that nobody noticed, a trucker's demonstration that nobody noticed, and now a veteran's demonstration on a Sunday in Washington DC that few noticed.

This is why I don't do demonstrations.  They're a waste of time.

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 02:22:56 am »
But throwing Ted Cruz tantrums on the internet 24/7 isn't.  Okay, gotcha.  :pondering:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 02:25:47 am »
But throwing Ted Cruz tantrums on the internet 24/7 isn't.  Okay, gotcha.  :pondering:

Juvenile.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 02:32:28 am »

So let's see.  There was an illegal immigration demonstration this week that nobody noticed, a trucker's demonstration that nobody noticed, and now a veteran's demonstration on a Sunday in Washington DC that few noticed.

I don't think it's ever a waste of time to stand up against an oppressive government.

I don't think it was a waste of time to remove the barricades from the WWII Memorial and plant them in front of the WH.

I don't think the Founders thought it was a waste of time to redress grievances and demonstrate against tyranny.

That's EXACTLY what our WWII Veterans did today in Washington DC.

It's only a 'waste of time' if you don't understand what's going on in this country today.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 02:34:04 am »

It's only a waste of time because the government owns the MSM and in not interested in painting a positive picture (or any picture if possible) of a group of people that are showing discontent with their government. I feel this trend (and some here will jump down my throat for it I'm sure) effects people both on the left and right that want to express their frustration.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 02:35:36 am »
I don't think it's ever a waste of time to stand up against an oppressive government.

I don't think it was a waste of time to remove the barricades from the WWII Memorial and plant them in front of the WH.

I don't think the Founders thought it was a waste of time to redress grievances and demonstrate against tyranny.

That's EXACTLY what our WWII Veterans did today in Washington DC.

It's only a 'waste of time' if you don't understand what's going on in this country today.

You go right ahead and demonstrate.  Anything that makes you feel good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 02:37:39 am »
It's only a waste of time because the government owns the MSM and in not interested in painting a positive picture (or any picture if possible) of a group of people that are showing discontent with their government. I feel this trend (and some here will jump down my throat for it I'm sure) effects people both on the left and right that want to express their frustration.

I'm about results.  I just don't feel that demonstrations yield any results, other than making the demonstrators feel good.

And, hey, if it makes you feel good, demonstrate to your hearts content.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 02:41:44 am »
I'm about results.  I just don't feel that demonstrations yield any results, other than making the demonstrators feel good.

And, hey, if it makes you feel good, demonstrate to your hearts content.

If it gets the attention it deserves and is actually shown to the world in a fair context it can have the effect of getting people motivated to get out there and demand change. It reminds people that the government and this country belongs to them, and that this government only exists to make life easier for and serve the better interests of the people that live in this country. I feel they don't like that idea, which is why any group that expresses frustration towards the government is either played down so people don't take it seriously, or is demonized (or both).

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 02:48:49 am »
If it gets the attention it deserves and is actually shown to the world in a fair context it can have the effect of getting people motivated to get out there and demand change. It reminds people that the government and this country belongs to them, and that this government only exists to make life easier for and serve the better interests of the people that live in this country. I feel they don't like that idea, which is why any group that expresses frustration towards the government is either played down so people don't take it seriously, or is demonized (or both).

When you've been here for a while longer you will understand that Sinkspur loves the status quo and fears change.... he lives for his 401K and nothing but his 401K and anyone who stands up for conservative principles is his enemy; Saul Alinsky would be proud of how he zeros in on the people he can't stand and harps on them day in and day out... usually the person is a conservative or even worse - a conservative FEMALE.....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 02:51:49 am »
You go right ahead and demonstrate.  Anything that makes you feel good.

I swear you're not as much of a jerk as you behave on this forum, sinkspur.

You know full well that it's not about "feeling good."  You know full well that it's about doing the right thing in standing up against tyranny.

Just because you don't have the courage these 90 year old WWII vets in wheelchairs have, doesn't give you the right to spit on those of us who support them.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 02:58:18 am »
I think LS is on to something. Our political differences divide us and weaken our power to effect change in Washington. That's why no matter who's in charge government continues to grow unabated. What's needed is unity. What will never happen is a unified America. Not as long as the R's and D's are in charge.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 02:59:09 am »
Let the record show that sinkspur thinks that all of these people.......

.........were "wasting" their time doing something only because it made them "feel good."

NOT because they sacrificed their freedom for ours.

NOT because they have principles.

NOT because they love America and want to preserve it from tyranny.

BUT BECAUSE HE THINKS IT MADE THEM FEEL GOOD.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 03:00:56 am »
I think LS is on to something. Our political differences divide us and weaken our power to effect change in Washington. That's why no matter who's in charge government continues to grow unabated. What's needed is unity. What will never happen is a unified America. Not as long as the R's and D's are in charge.

With all due respect Aligncare... it isn't the D's or the R's in charge. Its the lobbyists running this train and the taxpayers are the chumps.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 03:02:04 am »

The problem with your idealistic view that people other than R's and D's can get something done is faulty, aligncare.

And it is faulty because the left in this country hates it, and the right loves it.

You can label things all you want.  You can do the Rodney King act all you want, but it won't work.

We have two very different ideals here.  One to make America stronger, and better, and the other to make it weaker and less free.

One side has to win the battle for the soul of this country.

And liberals had better not be on the winning side, or this country is OVER.