Author Topic: Girls 'harassed' in school bathroom by transgender student told his rights trump their privacy  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

The rights of a transgendered Colorado high school student are being put ahead of girls the boy harasses in the girls bathroom.

A male student at Florence (CO) High School who claims to be transgendered has caused controversy by harassing female students in the girls room, but will not face any discipline – this despite vocal protests from the girls’ parents.

‘The boy’s rights as a transgender trump their daughters’ privacy rights,’ the school has told concerned parents, according to CBN. [linked]

Unidentified because all involved are minors, the students are being threatened with removal from sports teams or even hate crime charges if they continue to voice concerns, said the site.

The school even suggested the girls give up some or most of their restrooms in order to accommodate their transgendered classmate.

The response outraged parents and the Pacific Justice Institute, a civil rights group who wrote a letter to the school the demanding an explanation.

We're not going to stand by and let 99.7 per cent of our students lose their privacy and free speech rights just because .3 per cent of the population are gender-confused,’ said the letter.

PJI also requested that the female students’ freedom of speech and privacy rights not be infringed upon, including the relinquishing of their restrooms, according to CBN.

The school has not publicly commented on the issue and was not able to be reached by MailOnline in order to be provided the opportunity to publicly answer to these concerns.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2457952/Girls-harassed-school-bathroom-transgender-student-told-rights-trump-privacy.html
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Took less time than I expected for some horny teenage boy to figure out a way to exploit the idiotic law.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

You mean like this guy? 

I swear, Kerry's turning into an old lesbian.

(Apologies for the thread jack).

Offline musiclady

Took less time than I expected for some horny teenage boy to figure out a way to exploit the idiotic law.

We knew this was coming.

Those who defend this law are either naïve, or don't mind having boys harass girls in bathrooms....

This was a VERY BAD idea, and it looks like it's going to get worse if the girls are being threatened if they level complaints.

The morals in this country are in the sewer.....
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:39:48 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

We knew this was coming.

Those who defend this law are either naïve, or don't mind having boys harass girls in bathrooms....

This was a VERY BAD idea, and it looks like it's going to get worse if the girls are being threatened if they level complaints.

:pondering: :pondering: :pondering: :pondering: :pondering: and who was the person right her on TBR who SWORE we were all wrong and this was the right thing to do..... 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

:pondering: :pondering: :pondering: :pondering: :pondering: and who was the person right her on TBR who SWORE we were all wrong and this was the right thing to do.....

You mean the one who implied I was a Pharisee because I didn't want little boys in the girls' bathroom???   **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Rapunzel

You mean the one who implied I was a Pharisee because I didn't want little boys in the girls' bathroom???   **nononono*

Yup........
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

Yup........

He doesn't know it, but his insult was so stupid, it made me laugh.    :tongue2:   

Offline Rapunzel

He doesn't know it, but his insult was so stupid, it made me laugh.    :tongue2:   

At this point about anything he says is laughable.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Gosh, hasn't he stopped by to comment yet?

I wonder why?   :whistle:

Oceander

Never, ever underestimate the reptilian cunning of a horny teenage boy.

Offline Rapunzel

Only one person here didn't see this coming from a 100 miles away.

Offline olde north church

If they tried that at my old school, the girls would have beaten him up.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:58:04 am by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Olivia

Wait until some burly sex offender puts on a dress and assaults a woman in a public restroom because it will happen.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline mountaineer

:laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

We knew this was coming.

Where are the feminazis complaining about this?  Oh, that's right, it's a liberal move, so they don't care. :whistle:

Offline musiclady

Where are the feminazis complaining about this?  Oh, that's right, it's a liberal move, so they don't care. :whistle:

That's for sure.

They should be incensed that this aggressive male (the object of their abject hatred) has harmed young females, but their priority is supporting sexual miscreants and bi-semi-trans-whatever gendered people over women.

As a matter of fact, they don't ever stand up for women, do they?

Online Millee

Golly, just perused my local Denver comPost and not one mention.  Funny how one has to go to a British newspaper to discover what is going on in ones back yard.   :chairbang:

Offline happyg

Back in my day, the girls would most likely try to knock the H out of him/her. Let one of them mess with a guy in the boys' restroom, and someone Will get hurt.

Offline SouthTexas

I'm sure they had it figured out before, just took this long to build up enough nerve to put it in practice.

rangerrebew

That's for sure.

They should be incensed that this aggressive male (the object of their abject hatred) has harmed young females, but their priority is supporting sexual miscreants and bi-semi-trans-whatever gendered people over women.

As a matter of fact, they don't ever stand up for women, do they?

They never have, except when it furthers the liberal/progressive/communist agenda. ***evilkitty