Author Topic: Lindsey Graham Throws Conservatives Under the Bus  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Lindsey Graham Throws Conservatives Under the Bus
« on: October 13, 2013, 10:52:45 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/13/Sen-Graham-Throws-Conservatives-Under-The-Bus?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

by AWR Hawkins 13 Oct 2013, 3:12 PM

On the October 13 airing of This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) threw conservatives under the bus when he said "it's unrealistic to expect us to be able to defund or delay Obamacare by shutting the government down."

In other words, "it's unrealistic" for conservatives like Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) to fight against Obamacare at a time like this. Instead, Graham said it is a fight that can be taken up "after this [shutdown] mess is behind us."

Graham made it clear that he thinks the shutdown needs to end as quickly as possible. He said that through it, Republicans and Democrats are spoiling America's opinion of its elected officials.

He believes "the fight on Obamacare is far from over," but it is best fought by the kind of legislation now being pushed by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI).

Ryan's legislation makes changes to Obamacare rather than throwing it out altogether. One of the changes is that it puts "every member of Congress on the same [healthcare] plan, on the same terms as all Americans."
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Lindsey Graham Throws Conservatives Under the Bus
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 10:53:18 pm »
Instead, Graham said it is a fight that can be taken up "after this [shutdown] mess is behind us."

and that has worked out soooooooooooooo well for us the last four years /sarc
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:56:10 pm »
Yeah, I can just see Lady Lindsey leading the fight against ObamaCare AFTER the shutdown is resolved.

My ass.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 11:21:44 pm »
Ryan's legislation makes changes to Obamacare rather than throwing it out altogether. One of the changes is that it puts "every member of Congress on the same [healthcare] plan, on the same terms as all Americans."

Wow, I can feel the grounds shifting beneath my feet from the sheer boldness of that proposal. 

Offline Olivia

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 11:38:36 pm »
Wow, I can feel the grounds shifting beneath my feet from the sheer boldness of that proposal.

Well, don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.  I've yet to hear the answer as to why they were exempted in the first place.   I wish someone would ask that point blank question to Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi and make them give an answer.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 11:40:45 pm »
On the October 13 airing of This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) threw conservatives under the bus when he said "it's unrealistic to expect us to be able to defund or delay Obamacare by shutting the government down."

I'm beginning to wonder if the whole thing isn't a psyop to improve Bambi's image after the trouncing he took from Putin and Assad.

You know, show some 'leadership' by defeating the 'evil Republicans' and saving the nation...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 11:44:04 pm »
I'm beginning to wonder if the whole thing isn't a psyop to improve Bambi's image after the trouncing he took from Putin and Assad.

You know, show some 'leadership' by defeating the 'evil Republicans' and saving the nation...

His image would still be in the toilet had the idiot Tea Partiers not insisted on shutting down the government over something they KNEW would not work.

It didn't work, and now they're in danger of losing the sequester cuts, too. 

This whole shutdown fiasco has been the biggest mistake the GOP has made in my lifetime.  Never should have happened.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 11:47:59 pm »
His image would still be in the toilet had the idiot Tea Partiers not insisted on shutting down the government over something they KNEW would not work.

This whole shutdown fiasco has been the biggest mistake the GOP has made in my lifetime.  Never should have happened.

That's a matter of opinion.  At least, some of the republicans are trying to save our country from a dictator that rules instead of leads.  It's not their fault that some republicans had rather kiss a democrat's ass than do the right thing.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Millee

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 11:57:45 pm »
That's a matter of opinion.  At least, some of the republicans are trying to save our country from a dictator that rules instead of leads.  It's not their fault that some republicans had rather kiss a democrat's ass than do the right thing.

:thumbsup:

Yep.  :beer:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 12:08:21 am »

It was the last resort. Let's not act like the Republicans haven't had every single other attempt to fix this the past three and a half years fall on totally deaf ears. If there were any other option for getting rid of this law, this would not have been necessary.

What this has proven is one thing: the Democratic Party is so desperate to keep this law in place that it is willing to obstruct everything, including their constitutional duties, to do so.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 07:11:09 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/13/Sen-Graham-Throws-Conservatives-Under-The-Bus?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

In other words, "it's unrealistic" for conservatives like Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) to fight against Obamacare at a time like this. Instead, Graham said it is a fight that can be taken up "after this [shutdown] mess is behind us."

If the shutdown ends and it don't stop Obamacare, then Lindsey is telling the truth.   Telling the truth is NOT throwing conservatives under the bus?  It maybe that Lindsey is just trying to help conservatives recognize the bus.