Author Topic: Why did Krauthammer agree to an off-the-record meeting with Obama? [VIDEO]  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/13/why-did-krauthammer-agree-to-an-off-the-record-meeting-with-obama-video/

Why did Krauthammer agree to an off-the-record meeting with Obama? [VIDEO]

Posted By Jeff Poor On 4:34 PM 10/13/2013

President Barack Obama’s invited five conservative-leaning journalists to an off-the-record meeting last week to woo possible allies to his side for big, upcoming political battles, Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer believes.

“Well, I think he’s at a critical juncture where he’s taking a lot of heat from the right and the left,” Krauthammer said during a taped interview that aired on Fox News Channel’s recently launched “Media Buzz” program on Sunday. “He has got deadlines coming up and I think he wants to make as many friends as he can, or at least to make his case. The other interpretation is that if he can talk to [Iranian President] Hassan Rouhani, he figured he can now talk to me.”

Krauthammer said he plans to participate in the off-the-record event to analyze Obama.

“The president is the most important decision maker on the planet. Why would I turn down any opportunity to get a close look at how his mind works? That’s exactly what you get from an off-the-record meeting. But this is a serious attempt to get into his mind and understand what he’s thinking. That can always help you in analyzing what he says.”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

• an hour ago

Kruathammer is as conservative as Walter Mondale's speech writer could be, uh, wait a minute...... Kruathammer was Walter Mondale's speech writer. Wasn't Modale a Democrat who ran against Ronaldus Magnus Reagan? Would that make Krauthammer a Democrat? So I guess he's a conservative Democrat? No wonder he hates Reagan and Cruz so much!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

BTW THIS is what passes for "conservative" journalists in the MSM...

President Obama held an off-the-record meeting with five conservative journalists on Tuesday afternoon.

Present at the meeting were Charles Krauthammer, the Washington Post columnist and Fox News contributor; Paul Gigot, the Wall Street Journal editorial page editor; Robert Costa, the National Review's Washington editor; syndicated columnist Kathleen Parker; and Washington Examiner columnist Byron York, according to a source with knowledge of the meeting.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

“Well, I think he’s at a critical juncture where he’s taking a lot of heat from the right and the left,” Krauthammer said during a taped interview that aired on Fox News Channel’s recently launched “Media Buzz” program on Sunday. “He has got deadlines coming up and I think he wants to make as many friends as he can, or at least to make his case.

Well why not?  It worked on Bill O'Reilly from 2008 up until 8 months ago.