Author Topic: Candy Crowley Asks Rand Paul If He’d Consider Becoming a Democrat  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Olivia

Does Candy Crowley work for CNN or the Democratic Party?

It was tough to tell Sunday when after the State of the Union host asked guest Rand Paul (R-Ky.) if recent polling indicated the beginning of the end of the Republican Party, she actually asked him if he’d ever consider becoming a Democrat

During her conversation with Paul, Crowley predictably showed a recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll showing Republicans taking the brunt of the blame for the recent government shutdown.

“Do you think, as many have now started talking about, and I grant you a lot of them are Democrats, that there has been irreparable harm done to the Republican Party?” asked Crowley. “People talking about how this is the beginning of the end of the Republican Party as we know it.”

So now this CNN host is even admitting that she’s using Democrat talking points on a Republican guest.

Paul just laughed and said, “I think our demise is a little bit overstated. I would say that both parties are going to catch a lot of blame on this.”

Crowley pressed, “Do you agree that Republicans are taking a lot?”

“Well, I think both are,” responded Paul, “and I think Democrats who think this is a parlor game, who think this is fun, here’s what the Democrats think. They think we'll send a bunch of government workers out there to close off the roadside viewing of Mt.Rushmore because that is funny. I don't think it is funny, and I think that Democrats and Republicans are going to catch blame.”

Then came the money question from Crowley.

“Do you see yourself at any point in the future being anything other than politically a member of the Republican Party?”

Paul once again laughed and said, “You mean, you're implying a third party or some other party?

“Or if you wanted to become a Democrat,” Crowley actually clarified. “There are lots of sort of parties out there. Just wonder if you see yourself being anything other than a Republican?”
Paul once again laughed and responded, “No. I've always been a Republican, and I'm one of those people who actually is a real lover of the history of the Republican Party from the days of abolition through the days of civil rights. Republican Party has a really rich history. In our state, I'm really proud of the fact that the ones who overturned Jim Crowe in Kentucky were Republicans fighting against an entirely unified Democrat Party. So I am proud to be Republican. I can't imagine being anything else.”

Bravo, Senator.

As for Crowley, CNN really needs to consider putting a D next to her name whenever it appears on screen because her behavior lately indicates that at this stage of her career, she’s nothing but a Democratic shill.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/10/13/candy-crowley-asks-rand-paul-if-he-d-consider-becoming-democrat#ixzz2hcqjWQBY

CNN needs to label this show "The Democrat Talking Points With Candy Crowley."
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Candy Crowley Asks Rand Paul If He’d Consider Becoming a Democrat
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 08:00:08 pm »
"You know, senator, once we succeed in turning this into a one-party country, you'll have to be a Democrat to sit in the politburo.  Won't you please become a Democrat then?  Please?"

Offline Olivia

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 08:11:06 pm »
"You know, senator, once we succeed in turning this into a one-party country, you'll have to be a Democrat to sit in the politburo.  Won't you please become a Democrat then?  Please?"

I'd like to hear her ask that question to a few of the other republicans.  John McCain comes to mind...
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 09:05:47 pm »
 through the days of civil rights......

Too bad she is probably too danged stupid to understand that part of his sentence... the fact is Eisenhower started the civil rights bill and LBJ killed it in the senate only to resurrect it when he was president and have it passed as HIS legislation.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 10:39:50 pm »
 ‏@FrankJCotton 9h

@SenRandPaul Paul: "I am ok with not raising the debt ceiling." Media: "Paul said he's ok with default." There is your problem.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 01:48:00 am »
Crowley:
“People talking about how this is the beginning of the end of the Republican Party as we know it.”

One can only hope.

Clean it out and start fighting.

Almost like the Army of the Potomac, before Lincoln dismissed McClellan...

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 02:00:02 am »
I think she has been stuffing so many donuts into her face they are starting to displace her brain

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 02:01:34 am »
I think she has been stuffing so many donuts into her face they are starting to displace her brain

Romney should have nailed her butt to the floor in the Townhall Debate..  she needed to be taken down a peg or three.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 03:30:56 am »

And if you don't convert - liberalism is, after all, just another secular religion - then you'll find yourself in the psychiatric hospital for "political madness".

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 06:58:20 am »
“Or if you wanted to become a Democrat,” Crowley actually clarified. “There are lots of sort of parties out there. Just wonder if you see yourself being anything other than a Republican?”
Paul once again laughed and responded, “No. I've always been a Republican, and I'm one of those people who actually is a real lover of the history of the Republican Party from the days of abolition through the days of civil rights. Republican Party has a really rich history. In our state, I'm really proud of the fact that the ones who overturned Jim Crowe in Kentucky were Republicans fighting against an entirely unified Democrat Party. So I am proud to be Republican. I can't imagine being anything else.”
Excellent answer! :vote:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 03:53:34 pm »
Beck just observed that in acknowledging the GOP's history, Sen. Paul implied criticism of today's GOP-e.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 04:10:12 pm »
through the days of civil rights......

Too bad she is probably too danged stupid to understand that part of his sentence... the fact is Eisenhower started the civil rights bill and LBJ killed it in the senate only to resurrect it when he was president and have it passed as HIS legislation.
What about Kennedy? LBJ stated at the time he was following through with JFK's intention re. civil rights.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline collins

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 06:32:16 pm »
This cow again. What an insulting question but (not eye) Candy was pwned by Rand Paul in the exchange. He was too polite to ask her if she'd ever consider losing two hundred pounds but I sure hope she never gets to "moderate" another debate.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 07:15:21 pm »
What about Kennedy? LBJ stated at the time he was following through with JFK's intention re. civil rights.

I actually think JFK believed what he was doing re: civil rights.  I could be wrong, after all we only have two years to judge the man, we have a much longer career to judge LBJ and you cannot deny that as leader in the senate he bent over backwards to kill what Eisenhower wanted to do and the bill he eventually passed was almost identical to the Eisenhower plan.