Author Topic: Gunmen abduct Red Cross workers in Syria: state media  (Read 735 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Gunmen abduct Red Cross workers in Syria: state media
« on: October 13, 2013, 02:18:52 pm »
Via Reuters: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/13/us-syria-crisis-redcross-idUSBRE99C04E20131013

(Reuters) - Gunmen kidnapped a number of Red Cross workers in northwest Syria after opening fire on their vehicles on Sunday, Syrian state media reported.

Quoting an unnamed official, state news agency SANA said the workers were traveling in the Idlib area when gunmen blocked their path, shot at their convoy, seized them and took them to an unknown location.

"An armed terrorist group today kidnapped a number of workers in the mission of the International Committee of the Red Cross in Syria," the report said, using a term the government frequently uses for rebels trying to topple President Bashar al-Assad.

The report did not give more details such as the nationalities of those held and could not immediately be verified.

Where the hell were the damned guards? Red Cross refuses to use guards on their missions. Totally effing stupid.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Gunmen abduct Red Cross workers in Syria: state media
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 02:25:37 pm »
If you ever doubted that Liberals live in a land of rainbows and unicorns, this pretty much confirms that they do.

It reminded me of the GreenPeace people who attacked a Russian oil platform and are now doing indefinite hard time in a Russian prison.

Yeah, effing stupid sums it up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.