Author Topic: Jordan dodges on Boehner’s future  (Read 1848 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jordan dodges on Boehner’s future
« on: October 13, 2013, 02:03:34 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/?hp=44

By AUSTIN WRIGHT |
10/13/13 9:43 AM EDT

Rep. Jim Jordan wouldn’t say whether Republicans would oust John Boehner as House speaker if he were to bring to the House floor a bill to end the current standoff that didn’t have widespread support among conservatives in the GOP and relied for passage on Democratic votes.

Jordan said House Republicans had presented a united front and weren’t even thinking about such a scenario.

“I don’t think you’re going to see that happen,” the Republican congressman from Ohio said on “Fox News Sunday.” “That’s not even being talked about.”

He also said House Republicans wouldn’t accept any deal to reopen the government or raise the debt ceiling that exceeded that spending levels mandated under sequestration.

Sequestration was a rare victory for fiscal conservatives, he said, and one they wouldn’t abandon.

“The sequester has been … one of the few things we have done where we’ve actually controlled spending in this town,” Jordan said.

Pressed by Fox host Chris Wallace on whether conservatives were prepared to go past Thursday, when the Treasury Department has warned the U.S. government will exhaust its borrowing authority, without a deal, Jordan said: “We are prepared to do what needs to be done to address the underlying  problems in this country."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Jordan dodges on Boehner’s future
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 02:17:27 pm »
Jordan said House Republicans had presented a united front and weren’t even thinking about such a scenario.

And that, folks, is how you put the 11th Commandment into practice.  So-called "moderate" republicans, such as McCain and Graham, would do well to learn from Mr. Jordan's example.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:34:35 pm »
And that, folks, is how you put the 11th Commandment into practice.  So-called "moderate" republicans, such as McCain and Graham, would do well to learn from Mr. Jordan's example.

Why would you present a united front when you can take cheap shots at Ted Cruz and try to soften him up so that he becomes unpalatable for 2016?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 02:51:54 pm »
Cruz and Jordan could have had spending at current sequestration levels  on September 30.  Instead, Cruz insisted on defunding Obamacare, something he knew he couldn't do.

Now, the risk is that sequestration will be lost, the only thing the GOP has been able to manage in terms of reducing real spending in the last two years.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 02:54:54 pm »
Why would you present a united front when you can take cheap shots at Ted Cruz and try to soften him up so that he becomes unpalatable for 2016?

You don't unite behind a guy who's seeking an impossible goal, has no strategy to achieve it, and who characterizes anyone who opposes him as a Nazi enabler.

This is the same guy who has now shutdown his offices and sends all constituent calls to voicemail.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 03:04:50 pm »
You don't unite behind a guy who's seeking an impossible goal, has no strategy to achieve it, and who characterizes anyone who opposes him as a Nazi enabler.

This is the same guy who has now shutdown his offices and sends all constituent calls to voicemail.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 03:06:36 pm »
Since you have no defense of Ted Cruz, Victor, you attempt to make ME the issue.

Why did Ted Cruz shutdown all of his offices and refuses to take constituent calls?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 03:11:52 pm »
Since you have no defense of Ted Cruz, Victor, you attempt to make ME the issue.

Why did Ted Cruz shutdown all of his offices and refuses to take constituent calls?

Uh, I don't really care what Ted Cruz does.  He's not my senator, and he is not the issue.  Do you see Ted Cruz mentioned in this article?

YOU intentionally make yourself the issue by hijacking every thread with your conspiracy theories on Ted Cruz.

Frankly, you are embarrassing yourself but are too obsessed to see it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 03:14:54 pm »
Uh, I don't really care what Ted Cruz does.  He's not my senator, and he is not the issue.  Do you see Ted Cruz mentioned in this article?

YOU intentionally make yourself the issue by hijacking every thread with your conspiracy theories on Ted Cruz.

Frankly, you are embarrassing yourself but are too obsessed to see it.

Jordan is a Cruzite.  He's at the forefront of those who wanted to defund Obamacare, knowing all the time that this approach would not work.

Ted Cruz IS my Senator, and he's been nothing but an embarrassment since he took his oath.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 03:22:56 pm »
Jordan is a Cruzite.  He's at the forefront of those who wanted to defund Obamacare, knowing all the time that this approach would not work.

Ted Cruz IS my Senator, and he's been nothing but an embarrassment since he took his oath.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 03:35:56 pm »
Sink, one could think you work for one Cruz' potential opponents...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 03:42:15 pm »

Obsession?  You should have seen Sinky go off on Ann Coulter back when she was leading the charge to remove the Harriet Miers nomination from the table.  Now THAT was Sinky-obsession in overdrive, and really great theater at the time on FR.

I think he got pretty quiet after Alito's nomination was confirmed.  These liberal Republicans really do let their demons occupy a lot of space in their heads.   The weird thing is that its never liberals.