Author Topic: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops  (Read 1430 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops
« on: October 13, 2013, 01:55:21 pm »
President Obama’s latest policy outrage makes no attempt to hide his contempt for our military, as he is ordering that our troops serving overseas in war zones overseas are not to receive combat pay unless they are being shot at, or at risk of being injured by hostile aggression. A Marine who lives in Florida(also currently serving in Afghanistan) has just posted a note on Facebook which stated that he received a letter from his MyPay account that he would only be receiving his Hazard pay (Imminent Danger Pay) if he is actually in a hostile area and at risk of being shot at.

So I just got a letter from MyPay (the way we get paid in the military), saying that I will only reason Combat Pay while deployed for the days that I take fire or am in a hostile area. Now, as an Infantry Marine, I’m constantly in a combat zone…it may not always be popping off, but for them to take that away from us is bullshit. Now, the aviation tech who sits on Camp Leatherneck, sure, I can see him not getting Combat Pay, but to take it away from the grunts, the ground pounders, the front line of defense…come on, Uncle Sam. You let the Liberals win a big one here… Marine from Florida (We are not posting his name for obvious reasons)

http://www.conservativeactionalerts.com/2012/02/obama-pulls-combat-pay-for-u-s-troops/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 02:18:52 pm »
So, is he going to pull jump pay (Airborne) unless you are actually jumping into combat?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:25:28 pm »
Hmmmm......We have never gotten a letter of any kind other than an LES from MY PAY.....interesting

I'll let my husband and son read this....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 02:27:53 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 06:52:42 pm »
So, is he going to pull jump pay (Airborne) unless you are actually jumping into combat?

It looks like Hazardous Duty Pay is tied directly to Hostile Fire and Imminent Danger Special Pay in how it is now defined, so yes.  (section 616)
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr1540enr/pdf/BILLS-112hr1540enr.pdf