Author Topic: South Dakota ranchers reel after 'catastrophic' storm leaves up to 100,000 cattle dead  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Rapunzel

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Gee, I wonder why this isn't being covered by the MSM? :woohoo:  You don't suppose their covering St. Algore, do you? :whistle:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline mountaineer

Neither Obama nor his butt-licking media could care less about rural America.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

While the rest of the media pretty much ignore this story, Glenn Beck's Mercury One charity organization has sent help in to these ranchers.

Offline Lando Lincoln

My son attends South Dakota School of Mines & Technology in Rapid City.  25 inches of snow with 68 mph wind gusts in the city.  Campus was closed for 4 days as was the interstate.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Rapunzel

My son attends South Dakota School of Mines & Technology in Rapid City.  25 inches of snow with 68 mph wind gusts in the city.  Campus was closed for 4 days as was the interstate.

This is just so incredibly sad.

Offline Lando Lincoln

This is just so incredibly sad.

He called me and said there was no place for the cattle to go.  Flyover country.  Who gives a hoot?  Not the media, not Washington in general and certainly not Obama.  The wind was ruthless in piling it up.

For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Rapunzel

Did you ever read the book Cadillac Desert?  In it they talk about a winter where in NB, ND and SD a freak storm blew in and this very scenario too place killing off most of the herds.  The description in the book is very similar to what I read in these articles. 

And, yes, it really angers me that this is basically being totally ignored.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
"Who cares about a bunch of hick ranchers" say the MSM, safe in their little burrows in the cities, chewing on their nut loaf.

I feel for the ranchers. Creating a good herd or flock is a multi-generational undertaking. They haven't just lost money. They have lost a lot of history on the hoof. Bloodlines started by their great grandparents. Unique breed lines that can never be replicated.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:20:14 PM by Lando Lincoln »

famousdayandyear

The photograph is incredible.  How devastating for the ranchers and all in the path of this thing.  I think Glenn Beck is trying to help a little with the Mercury One foundation.
How could any living thing survive?

Offline musiclady

The photograph is incredible.  How devastating for the ranchers and all in the path of this thing.  I think Glenn Beck is trying to help a little with the Mercury One foundation.
How could any living thing survive?

Yes............it's the 'heartless' conservatives who help out their fellow Americans when things like this happen.

Obama hates the whole center of the country.  I'll be surprised if he ever acknowledges what happened here.

(Those photos are unbelievable, Lando!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline mountaineer

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf