Author Topic: Star Parker: Tea Party is the solution, not the problem  (Read 755 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Star Parker: Tea Party is the solution, not the problem
« on: October 12, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Star Parker: Tea Party is the solution, not the problem
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 10:20:07 PM »
If only people would stop lying about the Tea Party she is correct.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 10:24:42 PM »
"But it is also true that the brilliant architects of the U.S. Constitution provided many checks and balances and a multitude of channels through which the will of the people may, at all times, be expressed.

The move by the Republican-controlled House to pass a bill to authorize spending for the federal government, but to withhold spending authorization for the health care law, is totally legitimate, appropriate and constitutional."

I honestly somewhat agree with this, but at the same time, that doesn't necessarily make it a good move. Republicans are still taking the majority of the flack for the government shutdown. So while this statement may be right, and the checks and balances of our government give them the ability to do this, it doesn't always make it a good idea for the long term stability of the party. A lot of people do not approve of using this method to negotiate, and that may possibly be reflected in upcoming elections.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 10:26:14 PM by Liberal_Spy »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
If a person is doing the right thing they should be willing to shoulder the flak.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »
If a person is doing the right thing they should be willing to shoulder the flak.

I can respect that stance as long as they are prepared to accept what could be the consequences of their stand against the ACA.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 10:36:49 PM »
I can respect that stance as long as they are prepared to accept what could be the consequences of their stand against the ACA.

Throughout history leaders have led - not followed - and sometimes their leading has not initially been the politically popular thing to do (at the time).... If everyone in DC did what was right instead of just bought them votes we would all be better off.  This is one reason I personally support the fair tax and a return to smaller, centralized government.

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »

The interesting thing is they may need to simply stand back and let happen what is happening. People are getting a big reality check of what happens when you cede more and more to the government. It doesn't work and it costs far more than the private market can deliver it for. I've been biting my tongue to not go to every lib I know and gloat that I told them so. Instead, I'm just sitting back and watching their heads explode.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 10:44:04 PM »
This is a  non sequitur, L_S: I honestly somewhat agree with this, but at the same time, that doesn't necessarily make it a good move.

Star was talking about the Constitutionality of what the House has done, not whether it was "a good move" (though I assume she does think so). So you either agree it is Constitutional or you don't, not "somewhat agree", as your opinion of its wisdom is irrelevant to that point.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 10:58:35 PM »
"But it is also true that the brilliant architects of the U.S. Constitution provided many checks and balances and a multitude of channels through which the will of the people may, at all times, be expressed.

The move by the Republican-controlled House to pass a bill to authorize spending for the federal government, but to withhold spending authorization for the health care law, is totally legitimate, appropriate and constitutional."

I honestly somewhat agree with this, but at the same time, that doesn't necessarily make it a good move. Republicans are still taking the majority of the flack for the government shutdown. So while this statement may be right, and the checks and balances of our government give them the ability to do this, it doesn't always make it a good idea for the long term stability of the party. A lot of people do not approve of using this method to negotiate, and that may possibly be reflected in upcoming elections.

If voters were turned off by divisive or hardball politics, OPapaDoc would not be POTUS.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf