Author Topic: MSNBC President Wants ´Investigation´ Into Fox News´´Impossible´ Ratings Gain  (Read 1336 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/msnbc-president-wants-investigation-fox-647852

MSNBC President Wants 'Investigation' Into Fox News' 'Impossible' Ratings Gain
1:41 PM PDT 10/11/2013 by Paul Bond

Megyn Kelly blew out Rachel Maddow in the key demo on Tuesday after losing to her the night before. "I have never seen it in all my years of cable," says Phil Griffin.

Phil Griffin, president of MSNBC, says there's something fishy about Tuesday's ratings for the Fox News Channel, which were up significantly from a day earlier when Fox News debuted its new schedule. And he wants an investigation.

"Tuesday -- you guys should be doing some investigations; I have never seen it in all my years of cable -- same overnight, same everything. And they doubled their ratings in a day? It is impossible." Griffin continued, "I have never seen it. They did election-night numbers in the demo Tuesday."

The Nielsen numbers Griffin refers to include MSNBC beating Fox News on Monday in the adults 25-54 demographic at 7 p.m. and tying Fox News at 10 p.m.

At 9 p.m. on Monday, MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show beat Fox News' new The Kelly File, hosted by Megyn Kelly, by a slim 10,000 viewers in the key demo.

By Tuesday, though, Fox News was back to its dominant self, with 573,000 in the key demo compared with 261,000 for MSNBC between the hours of 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.

Perhaps most dramatically, Kelly's narrow loss to Rachel Maddow from a night earlier was significantly reversed, with Kelly drawing an audience of 623,000 in the key demo compared with Maddow's 291,000.

Nielsen has not yet responded to Griffin's remarks.

On Wednesday, Kelly beat Maddow 384,000 to 299,000 in the key demo, with CNN's Piers Morgan Live at 117,000. And on Thursday, Kelly beat Maddow 376,000 to 288,000, with Morgan at 157,000.

Griffin's assertion that Fox News did "election night" numbers on Tuesday may have been hyperbole, considering on Tuesday Fox News had 2.65 million in primetime and 573,000 in the key demo, while on the night of the presidential election Fox News had 7.5 million viewers with 3 million from the key demo, according the Nielsen.

"Monday we had a really good day in the key demographic. On the night that Fox News debuted their three shows, we either tied or beat them in those hours," Griffin said at a briefing, according to TVNewser.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

LOL! Liberals can't stand it when they don't control the polls.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
LOL! Liberals can't stand it when they don't control the polls.

More sour grapes form the mouthpiece of the democrat party on cable news!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online NavyCanDo

Imagine where FOX would be if many of us old time faithful watchers of FOX News viewing hours did not drop over the last few years.  I know my FOX hours have dropped dramatically since the days when Hannity/Colmes show ended and it became just Hannity. Even with Colmes, it was a far better format than what he has today, and I would catch it most every night. Today I get home from work, turn on The Blaze, watch what they have their for 90 min or so, then my news watching is about done for the day unless their is some important News to follow, at which time I may turn on FOX.

I have heard from a lot of old FOX viewers who also don't watch nearly as much as they use too. It's still the most conservative News available outside The Blaze, but far from having the dream ticket line-up of shows. And when it comes to "Breaking News" Fox is all to eager to be first to scoop the other networks and often fall into the trap of reporting wrong information. 

To sum that up, out of all the networks, FOX is still the best, and the one to go to for me, but they have lots of room to make it better. And if they can, my viewing hours will grow once again.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Just a reminder, a few months back Rachel Maddow was busted using blocks of fake twitter accounts to try to boost her ratings there.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2013/03/02/did-rachel-maddow-use-multiple-fake-twitter-accounts-boost-her-msnbc-sh

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Twitter bomb for ratings?

Offline Olivia

I'd like to see some proof that Rachel Maddow was actually ahead of Kelly because that's hard to believe.  I think they just threw it out there to see if it would stick.

I also used to watch a lot more Fox News than now. Like all have said, it's still the best for conservatives but I always get frustrated with them during any national election.
They lean further left during that time and it infuriates me when that happens.

On top of that, I really like the Greta show because she doesn't talk over her guests.

Lord knows how O'Reilly has stayed on top with his constant interruptions of who-ever is trying to talk on his show. 
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

I posted this in news last night with the ratings from the week.. Megyn did have a huge spike on Tuesday - could have been related to the fact the Five - which is a popular show - had announced on their show they were all going to appear on her show that evening....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline collins

Well, here's an old related article, courteosy of the NYSlimes;

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/09/business/media/megyn-kelly-draws-a-large-older-audience-on-fox-news-show.html?_r=0

I think they screwed up and miscalculated that "key demographic" that day. Megan still had almost a million more viewers than Mr. Maddow that night.