Author Topic: Suddenly, the Media is Ignoring the Syrian Civil War  (Read 567 times)

Online DCPatriot

Suddenly, the Media is Ignoring the Syrian Civil War
« on: October 12, 2013, 08:04:21 AM »
Suddenly, the Media is Ignoring the Syrian Civil War

excerpt:  more at  http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/nightwatch/2013/10/12/suddenly-the-media-is-ignoring-the-syrian-civil-war-n1722172/page/full

Security. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif Thursday said his government is sincere about holding peace talks with the Taliban. He made the statement in response to the interview by rebel chief Hakimullah Mehsud who complained no serious steps had been taken to open a dialogue. Speaking after a security meeting in Peshawar, Sharif said progress was being made on the issue of opening negotiations." Sharif provided no details, however.

Syria: Chemical update. The second team of chemical weapons experts has arrived in Damascus. Meanwhile, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) said the first team has completed visits to three of Syria's 45 chemical weapons sites.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"I am responsible for what I say.  I am not responsible for what your understand."  ...me

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • #ToldYouSo
Re: Suddenly, the Media is Ignoring the Syrian Civil War
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 08:37:59 AM »
Of course.  They have a much more serious "war" to focus on:  the (mythical) republican war on the federal government.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 08:38:28 AM »
Meanwhile, I doubt the U.S. "government shutdown" has slowed the flow of funding from Obama to the Taliban.
Just being unique doesn't make you useful.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 08:46:21 AM »
Of course they are ignoring it.  After all, the Obama Red Line has been drawn.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Online kevindavis

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
Never mind that the Muslim Brotherhood may win this war.
GOP House members came to Paul Ryan to be Speaker. He didn't come to them. And he was everybody's conservative darling back in 2012. So unless 1 of the remaining 240 wants to step up & do a better job in budgeting & negotiations & herding the party cats, then everybody please STFU. You go to battle with the army you have, not the one you want but don't have.

Kevin Davis

famousdayandyear

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 01:01:11 PM »
Of course.  They have a much more serious "war" to focus on:  the (mythical) republican war on the federal government.

That's right.  Media:  "MUST cook up another distraction from Obamacare, etc."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf