Author Topic: Republicans Cave, Offer Obama Just About Everything He Wants  (Read 4855 times)

famousdayandyear

Republicans Cave, Offer Obama Just About Everything He Wants
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:05:42 am »
http://lonelyconservative.com/2013/10/republicans-cave-offer-obama-just-about-everything-he-wants/

Republicans Cave, Offer Obama Just About Everything He Wants
by Lonely Conservative • October 11, 2013 • 19 Comments

My first thought when I heard how the Republicans caved to Obama is “We’re just screwed.” Not much has changed. They pretty much have offered him everything he wants, in exchange for a promise to negotiate in the future. Sound familiar?

Aside from reopening the government and agreeing to raise America’s debt over the current $16.7 trillion limit, the Republicans made several other concession to President Obama and the Democrats. One such example is that Obamacare would receive funding. The Republicans would get to take out a portion of the president’s signature legislation, but the law would substantially remain intact. The AP reports:

Under a proposal she and other GOP senators have been developing, a medical device tax that helps finance the health care law would be repealed, and millions of individuals eligible for subsidies to purchase health insurance under the program would be subject to stronger income verification.

In addition, some of the across-the-board “sequester” cuts would be reversed under the GOP plan. It has not been determined which specific cuts will be targeted at this time.

In exchange for meeting, at least momentarily, all of Obama’s demands, the House GOP is seeking a “framework” for future negotiations on addressing longer-term budget issues. (Read More)

To be honest, at this point I don’t care what Republicans do anymore. Maybe they should just go home and let the Democrats have their way. No matter what happens, they’re going to be blamed by the media and the Democrats, so why not just leave and say “we’re done.”

Update, Although the GOP offered Obama just about everything he wanted, they didn’t offer everything. So he has rejected their offer. What a piece of crap.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Republicans Cave, Offer Obama Just About Everything He Wants
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 11:20:02 am »
How can this be?  I thought the grass roots was going to rise up and demand the GOP stay strong.  This couldn't be a sign of the power of the Tea Party could it?  Like when they stopped immigration reform and gun restrictions?  Looks like the Tea Party couldn't outmatch Boehner the rook of the Illuminati.  What is so bizarre about this is the number one issue of the Tea Party is opposition to Obamacare.  It is the cause of the birth of the movement, but when the GOP stood strong for 2 weeks the public didn't rally around the GOP.  Even though polls showed 80% of Americans felt no effect from the shutdown the American people seemed angry at the GOP for saving the American people from Obamacare

I can't understand this.  Did conservatives forget to call their Congressmen?  My rat Congressman http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/426791/june-03-2013/better-know-a-district---wisconsin-s-2nd---mark-pocan was not receptive to my demands he defund Obamacare even though I informed him the American people were behind me and he would pay a heavy price...right after the Tea Party expunges tyrant Senator Ron Johnson http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/08/tea-party-backed-senator-shutting-down-the-government-wasnt-the-best-strategy/ .  Johnson is one of those 25 Senators who voted against Cruz 2 weeks ago and hijacked the plan.

And that in itself is a wake up call.  Here are the targets.
These weak spine GOP Senators betrayed the American people by voting to send the CR back to the House with ObamaCare funding.
Alexander
Ayotte
Barrasso
Blunt
Boozman
Burr
Chambliss
Chiesa
Coats
Coburn
Cochran
Collins
Corker
Cornyn
Graham
Hoeven
Isakson
Johanns
Johnson (WI)
Kirk
McCain
McConnell
Murkowski
Thune
Wicker

Only 19 GOP Senators voted with Cruz
Crapo
Cruz
Enzi
Fischer
Grassley
Heller
Inhofe
Lee
Moran
Paul
Portman
Risch
Roberts
Rubio
Scott
Sessions
Shelby
Toomey
Vitter

Cruz really sucks at convincing his colleagues.  Boehner actually passed Cruz's CR and Cruz couldn't even muster half his guys.   Just these 19.

Jiminey Cricket on crutches!  Is that Portmans name on the list?  Who is he trying to kid?  That guy voted for the prescription drug entitlement, No Child Left Behind, and he's pro homo. Conservatives should drop Heller and Rubio who voted for AMNESTY!  Sessions and Grassley voted for the Freddy Mac/Fanny May bailout in 2007 and Grassley voted for TARP too.   So that's 14 solid conservatives who...wait a minute.  Shelby refused to sign the Cruz pledge http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/top-republicans-refuse-sign-pledge-de-fund-obamacare.  I dunno.  He could be just be covering his a$$ from the butt whipping that will befall all who refuse to do their duty.  13.5 Freedom Fighters with courage!  What more do you need to change the world.

ur...now that I think about it...Crapo and Risch voted for the odious public land grab Omnibus Public Lands Management Act of 2009...and then there's big wind Jerry http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2012/02/21/senator-jerry-moran-wants-to-pick-losers-in-the-market-his-choice-is-big-wind/
So who does that leave?

Cruz
Enzi
Fischer
Inhofe
Lee
Paul
Roberts
Scott
Shelby - .5
Toomey
Vitter

10.5 conservatives, real patriot conservatives with guts, and yet, probably still over represented in the Senate.  These are the only Senators conservatives can trust, and I ain't too sure about them either.  Scott has been real chummy with Graham http://www.gopwrite.com/1/post/2013/07/graham-gives-scott-big-boost.html.  If conservatives are so poorly represented in our government, pretty soon you got to start considering that...
even though we all know the majority of Americans are conservative because it is shouted so often...I think they must be somehow brainwashed into voting for liberals and RINOs.

Maybe it is high time conservatives stopped talking about a 3rd party and got to gettin'.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 01:44:33 pm »
(note:  too long to insert quote)

Nice work here. 
My "senator" Burr drank the Kool-Aid.  Beyond repair.  Three more yrs left.
Oh my lawd.

11thCommandment

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 01:55:17 pm »
How can this be?  I thought the grass roots was going to rise up and demand the GOP stay strong.  This couldn't be a sign of the power of the Tea Party could it?  Like when they stopped immigration reform and gun restrictions?  Looks like the Tea Party couldn't outmatch Boehner the rook of the Illuminati.  What is so bizarre about this is the number one issue of the Tea Party is opposition to Obamacare.  It is the cause of the birth of the movement, but when the GOP stood strong for 2 weeks the public didn't rally around the GOP.  Even though polls showed 80% of Americans felt no effect from the shutdown the American people seemed angry at the GOP for saving the American people from Obamacare

I can't understand this.  Did conservatives forget to call their Congressmen?  My rat Congressman http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/426791/june-03-2013/better-know-a-district---wisconsin-s-2nd---mark-pocan was not receptive to my demands he defund Obamacare even though I informed him the American people were behind me and he would pay a heavy price...right after the Tea Party expunges tyrant Senator Ron Johnson http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/08/tea-party-backed-senator-shutting-down-the-government-wasnt-the-best-strategy/ .  Johnson is one of those 25 Senators who voted against Cruz 2 weeks ago and hijacked the plan.

And that in itself is a wake up call.  Here are the targets.
These weak spine GOP Senators betrayed the American people by voting to send the CR back to the House with ObamaCare funding.
Alexander
Ayotte
Barrasso
Blunt
Boozman
Burr
Chambliss
Chiesa
Coats
Coburn
Cochran
Collins
Corker
Cornyn
Graham
Hoeven
Isakson
Johanns
Johnson (WI)
Kirk
McCain
McConnell
Murkowski
Thune
Wicker

Only 19 GOP Senators voted with Cruz
Crapo
Cruz
Enzi
Fischer
Grassley
Heller
Inhofe
Lee
Moran
Paul
Portman
Risch
Roberts
Rubio
Scott
Sessions
Shelby
Toomey
Vitter

Cruz really sucks at convincing his colleagues.  Boehner actually passed Cruz's CR and Cruz couldn't even muster half his guys.   Just these 19.

Jiminey Cricket on crutches!  Is that Portmans name on the list?  Who is he trying to kid?  That guy voted for the prescription drug entitlement, No Child Left Behind, and he's pro homo. Conservatives should drop Heller and Rubio who voted for AMNESTY!  Sessions and Grassley voted for the Freddy Mac/Fanny May bailout in 2007 and Grassley voted for TARP too.   So that's 14 solid conservatives who...wait a minute.  Shelby refused to sign the Cruz pledge http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/top-republicans-refuse-sign-pledge-de-fund-obamacare.  I dunno.  He could be just be covering his a$$ from the butt whipping that will befall all who refuse to do their duty.  13.5 Freedom Fighters with courage!  What more do you need to change the world.

ur...now that I think about it...Crapo and Risch voted for the odious public land grab Omnibus Public Lands Management Act of 2009...and then there's big wind Jerry http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2012/02/21/senator-jerry-moran-wants-to-pick-losers-in-the-market-his-choice-is-big-wind/
So who does that leave?

Cruz
Enzi
Fischer
Inhofe
Lee
Paul
Roberts
Scott
Shelby - .5
Toomey
Vitter

10.5 conservatives, real patriot conservatives with guts, and yet, probably still over represented in the Senate.  These are the only Senators conservatives can trust, and I ain't too sure about them either.  Scott has been real chummy with Graham http://www.gopwrite.com/1/post/2013/07/graham-gives-scott-big-boost.html.  If conservatives are so poorly represented in our government, pretty soon you got to start considering that...
even though we all know the majority of Americans are conservative because it is shouted so often...I think they must be somehow brainwashed into voting for liberals and RINOs.

Maybe it is high time conservatives stopped talking about a 3rd party and got to gettin'.

And maybe it's high time moderate republicans stopped bad mouthing other republicans and stopped acting so much like democrats and a little more like people with some political spine.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 02:02:24 pm »
That 3 years is a long time to find a replacement.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 03:15:10 pm »
And maybe it's high time moderate republicans stopped bad mouthing other republicans and stopped acting so much like democrats and a little more like people with some political spine.

I look forward to your defense of McCain Graham and the majority of GOP Senators who voted for a clean CR when they get attacked.  And your defense of Boehner when conservatives are excoriating him.  Or is your 11th commandment different than Reagan's.  If Reagan was a conservative he naturally wouldn't speak ill of his fellow conservatives, so his 11th commandment must have been an instruction to stop acting like democrats and stop attacking moderates.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 03:26:43 pm »
I look forward to your defense of McCain Graham and the majority of GOP Senators who voted for a clean CR when they get attacked.  And your defense of Boehner when conservatives are excoriating him.  Or is your 11th commandment different than Reagan's.  If Reagan was a conservative he naturally wouldn't speak ill of his fellow conservatives, so his 11th commandment must have been an instruction to stop acting like democrats and stop attacking moderates.

Sorry.  I'm slow on the uptake to the response here.  Would you take more time to elaborate for us backbenchers?  Thanks in advance.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 03:50:26 pm »

Awwwww.  Poor little picked-on Cruzites!!  They can label their fellow Republicans Nazi enablers, but let someone dare question their tactics, and immediately the 11th Commandment is invoked.

The 11th Commandment is not uni-directional. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 06:54:43 pm »
Sorry.  I'm slow on the uptake to the response here.  Would you take more time to elaborate for us backbenchers?  Thanks in advance.
Sure.  Reagan is considered by many as our greatest conservative President.  He could have said "thou shall not speak ill of conservatives," but instead said "thou shall not speak ill of Republicans."  There were many Republicans who disagreed with Reagan.  It stands to reason that Reagan's commandment is an admonition to not speak badly about Republicans who disagreed with Reagan.   That Reagan would think it a bad idea to attack people who agreed with him is a truth that doesn't need to be stated except to the most dense of ideologue.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 07:05:18 pm »
Sure.  Reagan is considered by many as our greatest conservative President.  He could have said "thou shall not speak ill of conservatives," but instead said "thou shall not speak ill of Republicans."  There were many Republicans who disagreed with Reagan.  It stands to reason that Reagan's commandment is an admonition to not speak badly about Republicans who disagreed with Reagan.   That Reagan would think it a bad idea to attack people who agreed with him is a truth that doesn't need to be stated except to the most dense of ideologue.

Well, if I remember correctly, it was John McCain that started the republican name calling when he called Cruz & some of the other conservatives a "wacko bird."  Then again, McCain is not a moderate, he's a democrat without using the word lite.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 07:25:51 pm »
Well, if I remember correctly, it was John McCain that started the republican name calling when he called Cruz & some of the other conservatives a "wacko bird."  Then again, McCain is not a moderate, he's a democrat without using the word lite.
OK 11th Commandment do your stuff.  Olivia has called a Republican who earned a perfect 100 score from the American Conservative Union in 2010, and the 2008 GOP presidential nominee a democrat.  Boy, are you gonna get it now Olivia.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 07:27:28 pm »
You know one thing I like about our new poster Liberal Spy -- he actually has the nerve to ADMIT he is a liberal - unlike some other posters who "claim" they are Republicans and only support the Progressive Republicans who are destroying the GOP from within.  I will take a honest liberal over a dishonest Republican any day of the week.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline raml

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 08:22:37 pm »
McCain was not even a little conservative in 2010 no matter what group claims it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 08:33:02 pm »
You know one thing I like about our new poster Liberal Spy -- he actually has the nerve to ADMIT he is a liberal - unlike some other posters who "claim" they are Republicans and only support the Progressive Republicans who are destroying the GOP from within.  I will take a honest liberal over a dishonest Republican any day of the week.

Yeah.  Those Republicans who warned that Cruz was taking the GOP down a rat hole with his insistence on defunding Obamacare are sure destroying the party. 

Why don't you take a look at that 24% approval rating for Republicans, the lowest since polling began.  Your boys Cruz and Lee are responsible for that.

And guess what?  They had no strategy beyond shutting down the government and the GOP is going to get NOTHING out of this shutdown except a tarnished image.  The good news is, though, the rest of the party in Congress has listened to the Tea Party for the last time and won't allow them to pull this shutdown stuff again.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 08:59:49 pm »
Yeah.  Those Republicans who warned that Cruz was taking the GOP down a rat hole with his insistence on defunding Obamacare are sure destroying the party. 

Why don't you take a look at that 24% approval rating for Republicans, the lowest since polling began.  Your boys Cruz and Lee are responsible for that.

And guess what?  They had no strategy beyond shutting down the government and the GOP is going to get NOTHING out of this shutdown except a tarnished image.  The good news is, though, the rest of the party in Congress has listened to the Tea Party for the last time and won't allow them to pull this shutdown stuff again.

And once again you make up your personal paradigm and ignore posts showing you how badly the had to skew their pols (Democrats vs Republicans) to make it seem bad for the GOP.  How are those rainbows and unicorns working out for you in later La la land.  At least Cruz is working for the people instead if K Street.. but then we all know you prefer K street.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 09:03:09 pm »

And once again you make up your personal paradigm and ignore posts showing you how badly the had to skew their pols (Democrats vs Republicans) to make it seem bad for the GOP.  How are those rainbows and unicorns working out for you in later La la land.  At least Cruz is working for the people instead if K Street.. but then we all know you prefer K street.

Of course, polls are always wrong (when they show Republicans in the ditch) but always right when they show Obama at 37%. 

Talk about la la land.  After last November, you ought to have second thoughts about the fallacy of polls.

Cruz is working for Cruz.  If you know anything about his life, you surely know that.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 09:21:28 pm »
Of course, polls are always wrong (when they show Republicans in the ditch) but always right when they show Obama at 37%. 

Talk about la la land.  After last November, you ought to have second thoughts about the fallacy of polls.

Cruz is working for Cruz.  If you know anything about his life, you surely know that.

You hate all conservatives with a passion that runs deep...  and - of course - the only thing worse in your mind than a conservative is a female conservative)...  but your hatred for Cruz is disgusting.  He has more brains in his little finger than most people will ever have.

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 09:42:39 pm »
  I will take a honest liberal over a dishonest Republican any day of the week.
I ain't never found an honest liberal.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 09:43:52 pm »
You hate all conservatives with a passion that runs deep...  and - of course - the only thing worse in your mind than a conservative is a female conservative)...  but your hatred for Cruz is disgusting.  He has more brains in his little finger than most people will ever have.

Your narrow vision of "conservative" would leave out Ronald Reagan, were he still around.  He raised taxes three times and grew the size of government. 

And there you go again with the rabid hyperbole.  There are plenty of conservative women I admire who aren't half-term Alaska governors.

And Ted Cruz, again, is out for himself.  He'll come out of this smelling pretty good with his massive email lists.  By the way, a story I'm about to post indicates that Cruz is no longer accepting constituent calls in his Houston office.  Wonder why that is?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 09:49:26 pm »
There you go skewing the truth about Reagan again, too... you love to twist these conservatives around to fit your paradigm.. I bet you fit right in over on DU.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 10:02:07 pm »
There you go skewing the truth about Reagan again, too... you love to twist these conservatives around to fit your paradigm.. I bet you fit right in over on DU.

It is a FACT that Reagan raised taxes three times and did now even slow down the growth of government.

What is DU?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 10:06:47 pm »
The assumption that "Tea Party" is a winning brand, is not proved at present. In fact several polls show it losing 10 to 20 points in approval polling.

What happens online is an ever declining demographic, talking among themselves, remains convinced they are winning.

Polls refute it, so they deny the polls. But the info is there, even if you close your eyes and cover your ears.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=tea+party+approval+rating+2013&oq=tea+party+approval&gs_l=hp.1.0.35i39j0i20j0l2j0i22i30l6.1233.6116.0.10142.18.18.0.0.0.0.264.2247.3j13j2.18.0....0...1c.1.28.hp..0.18.2238.wQclJdjXPYY
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 10:21:20 pm »
It is a FACT that Reagan raised taxes three times and did now even slow down the growth of government.

What is DU?

Seriously, every person with even the slightest knowledge of history and doesn't have a liberal agenda, knows that the 'Reagan raised taxes three times' is twisting the facts in the same way as Obama's saved or created math. It is the the old gross versus net fallacy. The net result was drastic tax cuts under Reagan, even in those areas where after they were cut, they then went up a small amount. To put it simply, he cuts a tax 50% then that goes up 4% and people are only focusing on the 4% it went up and not the 50% it was already cut.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2013, 10:29:52 pm »

What is DU?

Don't Olay coy with us.  You know what it is.   Democrat Underground.  You are so good at regurgitating their talking points...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 10:32:37 pm »
Seriously, every person with even the slightest knowledge of history and doesn't have a liberal agenda, knows that the 'Reagan raised taxes three times' is twisting the facts in the same way as Obama's saved or created math. It is the the old gross versus net fallacy. The net result was drastic tax cuts under Reagan, even in those areas where after they were cut, they then went up a small amount. To put it simply, he cuts a tax 50% then that goes up 4% and people are only focusing on the 4% it went up and not the 50% it was already cut.
I believe sinkspur's point is that today, people get called "rino" by the current version of "true conservative" for departures from dogma, of the same type that Reagan did over and over.

During the Reagan years, I understood what he did, and why he did it, until amnesty. That pushed me over the edge. It taught me to NEVER become emotionally invested in any politician. Not even Ronald Reagan.

For sinkspur to be called a DU type for telling the truth about Reagan, is unbefitting this site, and all the more so, by a mod.

But is a reflection of the same type of political judgment, and perspective, that throws name calling around, as an ordinary manner of what passes as discourse, but not civil discourse.

A party in decline, along with its subsets and practices.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln