Author Topic: Carville: Obama could have faced impeachment if he had doled out military death benefits [VIDEO  (Read 1087 times)

Offline happyg

By Jeff Poor On 1:04 AM 10/11/2013 In Politics | No Comments

The partial government shutdown halted all death benefits to families of fallen U.S. servicemen and women, until a private charity offered to pick up the slack. Commentator Bill O’Reilly, however, wondered if President Barack Obama could have paid the families with an executive order.

On Thursday night’s “The O’Reilly Factor,” O’Reilly and former Clinton adviser James Carville debated the legality of a hypothetical executive order that would restore benefits to military families. Carville insisted that Congress’ actions were required, despite O’Reilly’s vehement protest to the contrary.

CARVILLE: It is not clear at all, and you would have to get a lawyer — the president by executive order can spend unappropriated money.  It is in the Constitution that the executive can’t spend money that the Congress doesn’t appropriate.
 O’REILLY: They should have had the money to do it. Carville, Carville, the war in Afghanistan hasn’t stopped, all right? They have the money to fund the war and to do this as an adjacency to the war. This is just bull. All right. Go ahead.
 CARVILLE: You need a lawyer to tell you –
O’REILLY: I don’t need a lawyer to tell me anything. I know what the executive –
CARVILLE: I’m not being legalistic. He could be impeached for it.
 O’REILLY: Stop. Nobody would challenge that. There’s not one person in the country who would challenge that.
 CARVILLE: Now, they fixed it, so there you go. But it’s not altogether clear that he can. Like a lot of these others. Look, I’ll tell you this. What we’re finding out now is, the government does a lot of useful things, and what they need to do is let the whole House vote. Why don’t call on John Boehner and –
O’REILLY: You’re just giving a partisan play here. You’re not dealing with the major problems that are arising. You’re giving this a partisan play.
 CARVILLE: I’m not giving this a partisan play.
 O’REILLY: I expect more of you.
 CARVILLE: Bill, I’m not giving you a partisan play. What I’m saying is let the House of Representatives vote on the deal Speaker Boehner and Sen. Reid made. That’s not a partisan play. That’s saying put it to a vote.
 O’REILLY: All right, baloney.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/11/carville-obama-could-have-faced-impeachment-if-he-had-doled-out-military-death-benefits-video/

Offline Rapunzel

Carville is full of it.  while we're shut down CBO makes spending decisions and takes its orders from POTUS
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

They just make it up as they go along, don't they?

Liars.

ALL of them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

Liars.

ALL of them.

Yep.......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Liars.

ALL of them.

Yes! That is EXACTLY what they do and one of their own (Alcee Hastings the impeached for taking bribes former federal judge and now congressman from Florida)  used exactly those words not so long ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CbHTJSu_2Lk#t=0
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:02:17 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien