Author Topic: Sioux Falls Police: Adrian Peterson’s Son Has Died  (Read 1369 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sioux Falls Police: Adrian Peterson’s Son Has Died
« on: October 11, 2013, 10:37:50 pm »
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-dealing-with-tragic-situation/

Sioux Falls Police: Adrian Peterson’s Son Has Died
October 11, 2013 12:37 PM

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) –Adrian Peterson’s 2-year-old son, who had been in critical condition after being beaten, has died from his injuries, according to Sioux Falls police.

Peterson was in Sioux Falls on Thursday, visiting the boy who police said had been allegedly beaten severely by the man who the mother of the boy is dating.

The child that Peterson was seen with this fall at training camp is not the 2-year-old who has died.

Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, was arrested in the case and is expected to be charged in the coming days with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant, in addition to murder.

Police said Patterson hit the boy in the head with a steel rod. Paramedics found the child in grave condition.

“(Adrian Peterson) has our prayers and support from this football team,” coach Leslie Frazier said.

During an impromptu press conference at Winter Park, Peterson said he will be playing on Sunday, and asked for privacy over the situation.

“This is a private matter, and I ask y’all to please respect my privacy and not ask at all about the situation at hand,” Peterson said.

Peterson added, “The good Lord never gives you more than you can bear, can handle — so I’m built tough.”

Fellow running back Toby Gerhart said the team is fully behind Peterson.

“We’re his brothers,” he said. “It’s a chance for him to come here where we rally behind him, support him, whatever he needs.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Sioux Falls Police: Adrian Peterson’s Son Has Died
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 10:55:53 pm »
Blacks as a rule don't marry, even at higher socio-economic levels.
(doctors, lawyers, graduate degrees, rich athletes, etc.)

The man and woman turn out children with worse prospects, than two parent kids.

So this football players is just doing what his people do; create unsuccessful "families."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:48:53 pm »

The greatest single threat to fatherless children of any race is 'mommy's boyfriend'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 11:54:12 pm »
The greatest single threat to fatherless children of any race is 'mommy's boyfriend'...

I was about to say the same thing.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 02:14:31 am »
I was about to say the same thing.

Exactly!  Happens just like this all the time down in Phoenix and over in Las Vegas in this case usually is a Mexican... so... nope.. Blacks don't have a corner on this.

but seriously....... what the heck!!!!

Police said Patterson hit the boy in the head with a steel rod.

a steel rod on a TWO "YEAR OLD!!!!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 02:17:56 am »
No death penalty in Minnesota, so hopefully someone will dish out some prison justice.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 02:21:41 am »
Calling sinkspur.  Isn't there some way you can make this tragedy seem like Ted Cruz's fault?  Wait, never mind.  I'll do it for you.  If it weren't for Ted Cruz and his completely irresponsible pocket-lining politics, which is destroying the Republican brand, this guy would not have lost his temper.  Clearly, Ted Cruz is responsible for the death of this innocent child.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 02:24:35 am by massadvj »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 02:24:27 am »
If that is true, I hope the prison justice includes some torture first.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline TheMom

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 03:43:36 am »
My reply to a FaceBook post - - -

I can't read the story. Just the thought of it breaks my heart. Proper punishment for this person is to give a bat to (1) parents that have dealt with rambunctious children and have lived through it; (2) parents that have lost a child due to dirt bags like this guy; and (3) just plain ole angry people that need to relieve their anger.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 03:46:09 am »
Good post The Mom.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 03:24:07 pm »
Man who raised Peterson’s son tired of ‘poor Adrian’ talk
By John DeMarzo/NY Post
October 16, 2013 | 10:09am

The “father” of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson’s son is trying to set the record straight — even though his relation is not biological.

Bobby Ruffin, the man who raised Peterson’s son, Tyrese Robert Ruffin, took to Facebook, saying he was angry at people expressing sympathy for Peterson, because he had never met his son before his death.

Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, the boyfriend of Tyrese’s mother, was charged last week with aggravated assault and aggravated battery and is being held on $750,000 cash bond. Prosecutors expect to ask a grand jury to consider more serious charges against Patterson in the death of the 2-year-old son of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson.

“So tired of this poor Adrian Peterson s–t,” Ruffin wrote. “Let me blow all your minds. The boy who died was my son.”

Ruffin’s diatribe continued, as he went on to say: “Yes A.P. he was the biological father, but I raised him and he carried my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I don’t blame AP for not really caring cuz [sic] him and I both found out recently who the biological father was.

“AP met my son for the first time [yesterday] when my son was already in [a] coma. I was here today when we pulled the plug, not him. He was happily practicing and has no problem playing on Sunday. So yea this isn’t all out yet but I’m sick of the poor AP s–t. He didn’t know or even meet my son. Sorry for the outburst but [put] yourself in my place.”

Tom Wollman, Lincoln County state’s attorney, said Tuesday he will review the recently completed autopsy findings and other reports before looking at any new charges.

“We’ll seek a grand jury review in the near future,” Wollman said.

A message left for Patterson’s attorney Tuesday was not returned, and Patterson’s mother said she didn’t want to comment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 04:52:59 pm »
That explains why Peterson decided to play last Sunday.....he had never met the baby/child.

And it appears Mr. Ruffin may have been looking down the road for some financial consideration....which now is gone.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald