Author Topic: Ken Cuccinelli ad: Terry McAuliffe ‘despicable’  (Read 1177 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Ken Cuccinelli ad: Terry McAuliffe ‘despicable’
« on: October 12, 2013, 03:20:08 am »
Via Politico, so beware of hard Left turns: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/ken-cuccinelli-terry-mcauliffe-virginia-governor-98189.html

Ken Cuccinelli’s campaign released its most brutal ad yet Friday in the very nasty Virginia governor’s race.

“Despicable” highlights Democrat Terry McAuliffe’s investment with Joseph Caramadre, who pleaded guilty in Rhode Island to identity theft and wire fraud charges in a death-benefits scheme in 2012.

“Corrupt insider Terry McAuliffe made millions while workers lost jobs and pensions,” a female narrator says. “Now, a shocking new discovery: court documents reveal Terry McAuliffe invested in an insurance scam that preyed on dying people. They stole the identities of the terminally ill then cashed in when they passed away.”

The ad ends with an ominous question, “Profiting off the terminally ill: is that the kind of man you want as your governor?”

McAuliffe’s campaign quickly dismissed the 30-second spot as a desperate attempt to distract from Cuccinelli’s own record and the federal government shutdown.

“This ad is despicable and the latest sign that Ken Cuccinelli is resorting to desperate and false attacks to make up for the fact that he is one of the most disliked statewide candidates in memory,” said McAuliffe spokesman Josh Schwerin. “Terry was one of hundreds of passive investors several years ago and had no idea about the horrible allegations against the defendant.”

A POLITICO poll released this week found both major party candidates deeply unpopular: 56 percent of likely voters in next month’s election view Cuccinelli unfavorably and 49 percent view McAuliffe unfavorably.

More at link, including the ad in question.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Ken Cuccinelli ad: Terry McAuliffe ‘despicable’
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:23:22 am »
I think McAuliffe is going to win this because of all the Democrats VA has now thanks to Obama.. and he is a truly despicable excuse for a human, I really feel for our VA friends.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 03:30:31 am »
I think McAuliffe is going to win this because of all the Democrats VA has now thanks to Obama.. and he is a truly despicable excuse for a human, I really feel for our VA friends.

It does look that way.  Northern Virginia's economy is booming.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 03:31:16 am »
Neither of them sound particularly pleasant.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 03:32:32 am »
It does look that way.  Northern Virginia's economy is booming.

Nothing like government gravy to grease the skids.