Author Topic: McCain Blames Cruz, Conservatives for Obama Mishandling Death Benefits  (Read 1148 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/11/McCain-Blames-Cruz-Conservatives-for-Obama-Admin-s-Mishandling-of-Military-Death-Benefits

by Tony Lee 11 Oct 2013, 1:48 PM PDT

On Friday, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) blamed conservatives like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for the Obama administration's initial failure to pay death benefits to the families of fallen American soldiers during the government shutdown.

In an appearance on Fox News with host Martha MacCallum, McCain said the White House has handled the situation horribly before trying to argue that Republicans were responsible for putting the White House in a position to mishandle the situation.

"I think it's been terribly handled by the White House," McCain said. "Let's have a little straight talk, Martha. They wouldn't have had the opportunity to handle it that way if we had not shut down the government on a fool's errand that we were not going to accomplish."

In reference to Cruz's defunding Obamacare strategy, McCain said the whole "premise of shutting down the government was the repeal of Obamacare," which McCain said would never happened. Cruz's strategy, it is worth noting, was to defund and not repeal Obamacare.

On Thursday, Obama finally signed the bill that would pay the families of America's fallen troops nearly $100,000 in benefits. The Pentagon had suspended the payments during the government shutdown, and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney had initially said signing the resolution to authorize the payments was not necessary; Fisher House, a charity that helps the families of wounded and fallen soldiers, had indicated they would help cover the funeral costs and payments.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: McCain Blames Cruz, Conservatives for Obama Mishandling Death Benefits
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 11:15:39 pm »
I honestly wish Juan McCain would just ride off into the sunset never to be heard from again!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:16:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 01:43:20 am »
Is John McCain possible a "Liberal Spy" ???  ;)

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 01:44:21 am »
Is John McCain possible a "Liberal Spy" ???  ;)

The real Manchurian Candidate.  I have no doubt he was programmed by either the Russians, Chinese, North Vietnamese, or all of the above while in prison.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 01:46:54 am »
The real Manchurian Candidate.  I have no doubt he was programmed by either the Russians, Chinese, North Vietnamese, or all of the above while in prison.

the worst thing we can do to him right now is unseat his buddy Graham.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776