Author Topic: Moral relativism is the new black  (Read 937 times)

rangerrebew

Moral relativism is the new black
« on: October 11, 2013, 08:32:06 pm »

Moral Relativism is the New Black

Written on Friday, September 27, 2013 by Carly Hill

Everyone is raving about that new show, “Orange is the New Black.” Why? Well, it could be the interesting plot – a girl who turns herself in and navigates through her new life in jail. But, I’m guessing all the hype is over the naked lesbian scenes. It’s hard to get away from, when it comes to entertainment. I don’t mean the lesbian pushing- I mean the embracing of the concept that morality is in the eye of the beholder.

Throughout history, entertainment has always explored all sorts of subject matter, but we also used to see morality strewn into what we watched. There were clear cut protagonists and antagonists. Good would prevail over evil.

I can’t remember who said it, but I recently heard someone say they’d like to see a Superhero movie with a representation of today’s moral compass. The superhero would…do whatever he felt like doing and help both innocent civilians and cold blooded murderers. Hey, the murderer wasn’t loved as a child, so whatever he does is okay. Would you see that movie and go home fist-pumping? No.

Nowadays, you watch shows with all these gray characters where there is no good or evil. Sure, realistically, everyone has both good and evil in them. The Bible says we were made in God’s image, but that we were born with a sin nature. However, our country used to stand for something. It used to uphold the Biblical concept of morality. Now, anything and everything is considered a gray area. Morality is no longer black and white.

You can hear the proof of this pouring out of the mouths of all the liberal politicians and celebrities. They put Christians and/or people who believe in right and wrong in a pretty bad light. Liberals think that wanting freedom and prosperity equals greed. They think that standing up for the Constitution is radical and dangerous – not heroic and patriotic.

What it all boils down to is morality. Moral relativism is defined as “the philosophized notion that right and wrong are not absolute values, but are personalized according to the individual and his or her circumstances or cultural orientation.” Have you ever heard a definition that so accurately describes our culture? Liberals treat actual morality as a concept to do away with and anyone who disagrees is labeled and shunned and “holding America back.”

Our President takes every opportunity he can to blame Republicans for holding America back. He doesn’t miss one single chance to give us a jab – even if it happens to fall on the same day that soldiers from the Navy are shot dead on our soil.

In my lifetime (which hasn’t been too long), our culture has flip flopped. What was once considered being an American patriot – respecting our constitution, fighting for freedom, and standing for morality – is now considered “anarchy,” according to Harry Reid.

You don’t have to be a Christian or even religious at all to observe that all sin (or, behavior that we Christian folk call sin) leads to pain and death. Promiscuity leads to disease and heartbreak. Abortion leads to death and heartache. Substance abuse leads to offensive face tattoos and STDs – broken families, overdoses and mourning. These are tried and true “if, then” scenarios. If you make this choice, it will (or could) result in this or that pain.

Our country’s new morality system is no longer simply leaning toward moral relativism. We’re there. Do what feels good. Morality is in the eye of the beholder. In other words, morality is for exclusive, judgmental, hateful fuddy-duddies. You don’t have to have too high of an IQ to logically reason that moral relativism doesn’t work. What if someone thinks its okay to kill for love? All’s fair in love and war? No. The liberals would roll their eyes at that example and say, “No – its okay as long as it doesn’t hurt another person.” My oh my – the hypocrisy. These same moral relativists are holding signs that say, “My body, my choice” – supporting women who want to kill the babies in their wombs by allowing “doctors” to rip their extremities from their precious and intricately formed human bodies and behead them. Can you believe that the act of abortion is acceptable? Can you believe that our President is saying “God bless Planned Parenthood,” our nation’s leading (tax payer funded) abortion provider? It’s mind boggling – the lies that even intelligent people will buy into in order to live out their desires.

As a follower of Jesus, I am one of those who stresses “relationship over religion.” I don’t live out my Christian faith by trying to be a moral person. I want to be a moral person because I love Jesus and I want to make Him happy. I’m not about regulating society with religious standards and forcing everyone to be a Christian. I’m simply saying that Biblical morality makes for a healthy, thriving society. It’s just obvious. Healthy, committed family units – homes with a mom and dad who teach their kids right from wrong – produce healthy, thriving people. God told us the best way to live – and if we follow the Biblical moral code, it leads to a healthy, fulfilling life. That’s why Biblical values are so obviously present in our Constitution – because most of our forefathers were God-fearing, Christian men who intended to honor God with this nation.

America’s skewed sense of morals doesn’t lead to freedom and prosperity. It leads to pain and death and persecution of religious and individual rights. Anything that offends anyone is considered bad and is outlawed. We are losing our freedoms so rapidly – all in the name of equality and making people feel good.

Read more at http://patriotupdate.com/articles/moral-relativism-new-black/#ZiXAAKMGe75K93l9.99