Poll

Should Liberal_spy be allowed to stay on TBR?

Yes
15 (78.9%)
No
3 (15.8%)
No but he seems nice
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 12, 2013, 07:45:12 pm

Author Topic: Well, it was fun while it lasted. Bye everybody.  (Read 4057 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Well, it was fun while it lasted. Bye everybody.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 08:07:17 pm »
As always andy very insightful!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 08:08:50 pm »
Deliberate or not....because of his moniker and/or political pedigree...and the fact that he's somewhat of a novelty in here, his posts have a tendency to derail the thread(s)

And that's his fault? No one is required to respond to his comments, especially if they are off topic. That they do so says more them than about him. Some seem to be just spoiling for a fight and he makes an opportune target.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 08:09:28 pm »
I have noticed that to...he must stop hijacking threads...

It's unintentional on my part. I actually have started to try to ignore posts that are directed at me but are irrelevant to the thread.

Look, I even added you guys to my bookmarks.

http://imgur.com/lrvmLZF  8888crybaby

:P

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 08:13:23 pm »
See, he likes us, he really likes us.

look, I even added you guys to my bookmarks.

http://imgur.com/lrvmLZF

Oh, and just a reminder, dyspeptic ones: he can always be put on ignore.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 08:14:04 pm »

LOL :beer:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2013, 08:14:04 pm »
It's unintentional on my part. I actually have started to try to ignore posts that are directed at me but are irrelevant to the thread.

Look, I even added you guys to my bookmarks.

http://imgur.com/lrvmLZF  8888crybaby

:P

LMAO.....hey I have two adult sons and 2 grandsons....I know all your little tricks to pull at my heart strings.....nice try...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 08:18:42 pm »

That we know of....lol

TBL inherited WAR from us...I kicked him and a few others out for disrupting the site.

That's a hot button for me. WAR is the most disruptive presence I've encountered on the internet. An unbelievably horrible person.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 08:24:41 pm »

"Re: Well, it was fun while it lasted. Bye everybody."

Typical lib.

Always spouting off w/ promises they never keep...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 08:35:18 pm »
Funny, I wasn't around for a couple of days, came back and saw Liberal Spy posting.  I didn't know who he was...I thought maybe Sinkspur had taken on a new name as his stuff on Obamacare was pretty similar.  LOL.  But he always seemed a polite fellow (more so than Sinkspur when Sink gets really mad about something).  I think he's fine here and he definitely is polite and considerate, which we don't always associate with liberals here...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 08:36:21 pm »

That doesn't help with the distraction/disruption problem.   I'm guessing a few of posters here don't want to spend time here only to watch other posters constantly dealing with this guy instead of discussing issues with them, pleasant as he presents himself.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2013, 09:53:08 pm »
I tend to agree with you.  At least he isn't WAR or WTF :silly:

They were awful!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 09:59:28 pm »
I think we are probably the subject of a college thesis of some sort.  That said we've had a lot worse people here than this guy...  and so far at least he has been polite... but yes, we do need to start enforcing the thread-jacking... which seems to go hand-in-hand with thinking left vs right.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2013, 04:44:29 am »
He/She isn't WAR, Lucy's Mom , or any of those folks. His/her posts seem to deal with the thread he/she's commenting on. As long as that continues, I don't have a problem with him/her staying. And I'm as fond of liberals as Ahab was of the whale. :finger:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2013, 05:11:49 am »
I'm in favor of liberal spy staying on for a bit.

He's polite, actually supports his points and genuinely seems interested in the answers, from what I have read.

The thread jacking bit? It can get annoying, but we've all done it once or twice. Know I have!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2013, 05:29:31 am »
I'm in favor of liberal spy staying on for a bit.

He's polite, actually supports his points and genuinely seems interested in the answers, from what I have read.

The thread jacking bit? It can get annoying, but we've all done it once or twice. Know I have!

I thread jack all the time.  I catch myself doing it and I apologize.  It's easy enough to steer it back to the topic though.  I vote for the liberal to get to stay, he seems to be OK so far. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

famousdayandyear

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2013, 05:41:48 am »
We all hijack threads--mostly unintentionally.  But when some meaningless back and forth takes place over a post related to our dead warriors, I will (as politely as I can muster) request they take the banter elsewhere.

If I'm the bad guy--so be it.  If it happens again in a thread dedicated to our troops, I will do it again.  So maybe I should be the one asked to leave.

Have no problem with sincere contributions to the discussion. Trolling to distract and divide is another story.  Don't care either way if there are intelligent dialogues going on.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2013, 06:03:26 am »
We all hijack threads--mostly unintentionally.  But when some meaningless back and forth takes place over a post related to our dead warriors, I will (as politely as I can muster) request they take the banter elsewhere.

If I'm the bad guy--so be it.  If it happens again in a thread dedicated to our troops, I will do it again.  So maybe I should be the one asked to leave.

Have no problem with sincere contributions to the discussion. Trolling to distract and divide is another story.  Don't care either way if there are intelligent dialogues going on.

Nope - agree with you totally on that.  :patriot:

I think we are probably the subject of a college thesis of some sort.  That said we've had a lot worse people here than this guy...  and so far at least he has been polite... but yes, we do need to start enforcing the thread-jacking... which seems to go hand-in-hand with thinking left vs right.

There are worse things. If we are the subject of a thesis - possible - it's better LS gets the conservative viewpoint from here rather than TOS!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:06:42 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink