Author Topic: Kerry in Afghanistan for urgent security talks  (Read 327 times)

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Conspiracy engineer. Low rates.
Kerry in Afghanistan for urgent security talks
« on: October 11, 2013, 07:51:05 AM »
This just blew up on my news feed.

Via Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/11/kerry-in-afghanistan-for-urgent-security-talks/

KABUL, Afghanistan –  U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Afghanistan for urgent talks with Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

They will discuss a looming end of October deadline for completing a security deal to allow American troops to remain in Afghanistan after the end of the NATO-led military mission next year.

Kerry's unannounced visit to Kabul on Friday comes as talks on the Bilateral Security Agreement have foundered over issues of Afghan sovereignty despite a year of negotiations.

The U.S. wants a deal by the end of the month, but the discussions have stalled over Karzai's demand for American guarantees against future foreign intervention, a veiled reference to neighboring Pakistan. The U.S. wants any remaining troops to be able to conduct counterterrorism and counterinsurgency operations
The fastest way to a man's heart? Inch to the right of the breastbone, between the fourth and fifth rib.

Every time I start to feel boring, I remember there is a monthly magazine devoted to elevators.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf