Author Topic: ‘Not Going to Happen’: Reid Says No Negotiations with GOP Before Shutdown Ends  (Read 1435 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/not-going-to-happen-reid-says-no-negotiations-with-gop-before-shutdown-ends/

‘Not Going to Happen’: Reid Says No Negotiations with GOP Before Shutdown Ends
by Noah Rothman | 4:12 pm, October 10th, 2013

Minutes after concluding a meeting with President Barack Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) told reporters outside the White House that there would be no negotiations with Republicans until the House passes a “clean” continuing resolution which ends the government shutdown.

Reid began by saying that the government must reopen and the debt ceiling must be raised. “We, if that happens, will negotiate on anything. Anything,” he said.

Reid indicated that the Senate would consider a resolution from the House that extends the debt limit but does not reopen the government. He added, however, that the House has to act first before Senate Democrats could commit to a position.

RELATED: Carney and Jonathan Karl Square Off Again: ‘That’s a Very Long Answer to a Short Question’

“There is so much pain and suffering out there,” Reid said. “It’s really tear-jerking, to say the least.”

Roll Call reporter Steven Dennis noted that the Democratic position and the Republican position are at odds with each other. He asked if there was any way to reconcile the GOP’s request that there be negotiations on reforms before the government reopens.

“Not going to happen,” Reid said before leaving the podium.

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reid is a mean little man...I think he was bullied in school and now that he has power he himself is now a bully
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Reid is a mean little man...I think he was bullied in school and now that he has power he himself is now a bully

I think so, too! He looks so frail, and talks in an almost whisper, that sounds eerie. I can't picture anyone being a true friend to him.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I can't imagine that anyone in Nevada would keep voting to keep this creepy man in office! 

(But then, my state keeps voting Mitch McConnell back in office, so who am I to talk?)

:chairbang:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can't imagine that anyone in Nevada would keep voting to keep this creepy man in office! 

(But then, my state keeps voting Mitch McConnell back in office, so who am I to talk?)

:chairbang:

He would have been kicked out last time if it weren't for rampant election fraud in Vegas and Reno!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
He would have been kicked out last time if it weren't for rampant election fraud in Vegas and Reno!

:amen:

That is the God's truth Bigun!  I don't think Obama could have gotten re-elected either if it weren't for a whole lot of election fraud and Chicago/IRS -style thuggery.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
:amen:

That is the God's truth Bigun!  I don't think Obama could have gotten re-elected either if it weren't for a whole lot of election fraud and Chicago/IRS -style thuggery.

I agree completely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien