Author Topic: John McCain regrets 'wacko birds' comment, worries about GOP infighting  (Read 944 times)

Offline Olivia

Sen. John McCain said Thursday that he's worried about the Republican Party's future and the infighting that is dividing it, calling efforts by conservatives to unseat incumbent Republican lawmakers "wrong."

The famously wry McCain, R-Ariz., said he regretted calling the Tea Party wing of the Republican Senate conference "wacko birds" during budget negotiations, saying he's learned to "never get personal" in political disputes.

But McCain remains worried about the growing number of Republicans attacking members of their own party.

"I do worry about the Republican Party," he said at the Hero Summit hosted by The Daily Beast. "It's the first time I have ever seen Republican senators running ads, raising money that is being used to attack incumbent Republican senators."

Noting that Republican Sen. Pat Roberts of Kansas recently drew a challenger from the Right, McCain asked, "Where has Pat Roberts offended anybody?"

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2537088

Maybe John McCain is beginning to see how a large percentage of Americans feel about him.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: John McCain regrets 'wacko birds' comment, worries about GOP infighting
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 12:16:20 pm »
Sounds like 'crazy McCain' is feeling the heat. When he says he is worried about the 'Republican Party' of course he is talking about the ingrained entrenched GOP establishment. He is worried about himself and his network of Liberal Pubs. This is a good thing. We are winning, and he knows it.

Hey McCain, isn't there a war somewhere you should be advocating and lobbying for?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 12:21:05 pm »
Hope I'm still alive when he gets retired by the voters.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 12:33:35 pm »
John could help by announcing his retirement.
The spoils system has treated him well.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.