Author Topic: Carney: Spiteful Tea Party 'Doing Harm to the Republican Party'  (Read 2764 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Carney: Spiteful Tea Party 'Doing Harm to the Republican Party'
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 12:40:41 am »
No offense intended, but all of the observations thus far in this thread, while astute and interesting, completely miss the elephant in the room.  Any time Democrats start counseling the Republicans on how to avoid destroying the Republican party you can rest assured that they are not saying what they believe, they are saying what they want to believe and what they want any wavering Republicans to believe.  They only do this when they know that the voters do not favor their position on a given subject.  It is an attempt to make Republicans question their support for their current strategy.

Is it coincidental that as soon as the polls were released indicating that the president's approval rating is at its lowest point, the Dems start worrying about the Republican party destroying itself?  It's their only hope.  At 37% approval rating, the president's ability to move their cause forward is quite diminished.  They know that Obamacare is not sitting well with the public, and especially with the young, and they need to weaken the Republicans from the inside because it's becoming more difficult to defeat them from the outside.

You are EXACTLY right!

See my previous post on this thread!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2013, 12:48:44 am »
You are EXACTLY right!

See my previous post on this thread!

It figures that by reading the thread too quickly I missed the fact that someone had already said what I was posting.  Oh well, great minds think alike.  ;-)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:49:26 am by rb224315 »
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2013, 12:57:24 am »
It figures that by reading the thread too quickly I missed the fact that someone had already said what I was posting.  Oh well, great minds think alike.  ;-)

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien