Author Topic: Dem Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee Says “Martial Law” Is Needed To Reopen The Government  (Read 3700 times)

famousdayandyear

There is hatred, bigotry and misinformation spewed from both sides towards the other. The left wing is most certainly not innocent of this, but neither is the right. I've never understood why my fellows berate and antagonize the Republicans, but at the same time, you have to admit that you yourself were immediately hostile towards my presence. Both sides are very jaded towards the other.

If you have another opinion about the subject of this thread, please express it; else PM the person you have a disagreement with.  Polite enough request?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Okay...I agree with famous....let's stay on track.......personal political discussions can go on the Welcome or General Discussion threads...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cincinnatus

There is a "Welcome" thread for precisely that purpose.  This is a thread about the famous congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee.

Point taken, FDaY, but I felt perfectly comfortable adding those thoughts here as I was quoting and expanding on an observation posted by Mystery.

Seemed reasonable at the time.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
http://weaselzippers.us/

Dem Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee Says “Martial Law” Is Needed To Reopen The Government…

I bet she'll volunteer to be in charge of the "newly reopened" government also.......deranged wacko tard-brained toad.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Cincinnatus

Yes, well, that pretty well sums it up: deranged wacko tard-brained toad. :laughingdog:
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

There is hatred, bigotry and misinformation spewed from both sides towards the other. The left wing is most certainly not innocent of this, but neither is the right. I've never understood why my fellows berate and antagonize the Republicans, but at the same time, you have to admit that you yourself were immediately hostile towards my presence. Both sides are very jaded towards the other.

You're missing a critical piece of what I said.........that is that the hatred toward us is coming from the media, popular culture, academia, in addition to politicians up to and including the man who is supposed to be the leader of the free world.

Skepticism toward you, a self-admitted 'liberal spy' from a bunch of conservatives is not even close to the same thing.  Not even close.

But let's get back to dimwit Sheila.

SHE thinks and says that I am an idiot.  SHE says that it's going to take martial law to keep me in line.  SHE says that I am a racist.

And SHE has the bully pulpit, along with the President, the media, academia, Hollywood, rock stars, and a plethora of other very prominent people.

Yes, both sides are jaded, and obviously there are unpleasant people on both sides, but there is absolutely NO comparison between the public vitriol towards conservatives and what is given back by a small minority of conservatives.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
The left wing is most certainly not innocent of this, but neither is the right. I've never understood why my fellows berate and antagonize the Republicans, but at the same time, you have to admit that you yourself were immediately hostile towards my presence.

You answered yourself there.

There have been lefty-loons that have invaded conservative sites and spewed their venom. You still can find them at Freedom4um, Liberty Post, & Liberty Flame. All three were taken down the tubes by lunatics who were allowed to "give their POV".

BTW- From the few postings you have made, I see you more as a moderate. Maybe we can fix that.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.