Author Topic: A plea to spineless republican leaders during the shutdown  (Read 1684 times)

rangerrebew

A plea to spineless republican leaders during the shutdown
« on: October 11, 2013, 08:51:25 pm »
A Plea to Spineless Republican Leaders During the Shutdown

Posted By Frank Camp on Oct 11, 2013 | 22 Comments

According to the Wall Street Journal:

“President Barack Obama and House Republicans began discussions Thursday on a GOP proposal to extend the nation’s borrowing authority for six weeks, marking a new opening in the budget stalemate that risks a U.S. debt crisis.”

Noooooooooooo! Are you kidding me?! Just Wednesday I was so proud of the GOP—especially the typical establishment types–because they had hunkered down, and held the line, even closing the government…well, 15% of the government. I was fairly certain that this would be a defining moment for the GOP as a whole. But, like so many things in life, the GOP never fails to disappoint.

The polls show that almost as many Americans blame Obama for the shutdown as they do the Republicans. A video from Campus Reform shows a vast majority of Colorado college students blaming Obama—this is Lib-central Colorado! Obamacare is an abject failure—even in terms of its website. A new Rasmussen survey of likely voters has Democrats tied with Republicans on a hypothetical general election, each standing at 40%. Just a week ago, the Democrats were in the lead by several points. And finally, according to an AP-GfK poll, Obama’s approval rating has dropped precipitously to 37%. We were beginning to reverse the tide. We can’t stop now.

Even with all of this pointing in a good direction for a new conservative tidal wave, Republicans are backing down in various forms. Once great thinker, now nitwit Paul Ryan wrote an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal, essentially telling Republicans to concede to Obama’s demands.

“This isn’t a grand bargain. For that, we need a complete rethinking of government’s approach to helping the most vulnerable, and a complete rethinking of government’s approach to health care. But right now, we need to find common ground. We need to open the federal government. We need to pay our bills today—and make sure we can pay our bills tomorrow. So let’s negotiate an agreement to make modest reforms to entitlement programs and the tax code.”

I am so tired of Republicans caving over and over again. Is Ted Cruz the only politician on whom I can rely? Is there no other Conservative who stands for anything? I’m aware of Mike Lee, and several others, but I’m speaking in terms of a larger group.

We cannot stop. It is time for a conservative revolution. Ted Cruz helped ignite a fire that was stomped out long ago—a conservative flame. Our country has to stand for something. If we cave to Obama—even slightly—he will regain his composure and become more powerful than ever before. We must not show weakness in the face of tyranny. We must harden our hearts for the sake of our future, and stand resolute in our ideals. This is my plea to Republicans. I hope they get enough of these, or this fight is over before it began.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/3362/plea-spineless-republican-leaders-government-shutdown/#qqelP58V6rDHdGdq.99

Offline sinkspur

Re: A plea to spineless republican leaders during the shutdown
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 09:36:03 pm »
Ted Cruz led the GOP off the cliff and a few sane souls now are walking it back. 

This is the LAST time the GOP will listen to this idiot Cruz.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 09:59:42 pm »
Ted Cruz led the GOP off the cliff and a few sane souls now are walking it back. 

I happen to like Ted Cruz so speak for yourself.  He, and a couple of others are the only republicans that can hold their head up through this stupid surrender by the rest of them.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:00:22 pm by Olivia »
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 01:59:15 am »
I happen to like Ted Cruz so speak for yourself.  He, and a couple of others are the only republicans that can hold their head up through this stupid surrender by the rest of them.

Same here, Olivia... but keep in mind Sink never supported him in the first place and INSISTED there was no chance in hell he would win... Sink is always telling us what WILL happen and has an accuracy on the scale of Dick Morris.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 02:10:56 am by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 02:06:06 am »
Happens. Every. Time.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 02:15:31 am »
Someone around here really has Ted Cruz occupying the space inside his head.  Ted Cruz is in cause of all that is wrong with the Republican Party.  Ted Cruz is the cause of the stock market going down (but something else makes it go up).  Ted Cruz is responsible for all that ails us, don'tyaknow.  It's been raining here in Pennsylvania for two days straight, and I have no doubt Ted Cruz caused that, along with the flash flooding.  Ted Cruz caused global warming.  Ted Cruz caused the Syrian civil war and he is giving the bomb to Iran.  He's out of control, I tell you!  In fact, I daresay there is nothing bad that Ted Cruz DIDN'T cause.

You see how easy it is when you have a boogey man?  You don't even have to think.  You know exactly where to assign blame, including for things that aren't even problems.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 02:25:03 am »
 034 034 034 034 034 034 034 034 034 034
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 03:03:04 am »

/snicker

Spineless wimps don't get led, they get taken advantage of by their enemies, in this case the democrats.  The problem is that, just as with so many other things, we are right back to the 1960s - 1970s version of the GOP:  spineless wimps who play the straight man to the democrats.  Prior to Reagan the GOP was nothing more than the clean-up crew for the democrats and the liberals; the no-new-ideas janitors who came along and told everyone we had to raise taxes to pay for all the profligacy of the democrats/liberals, but, spineless wimps that they were, never challenged the need for all that profligacy in the first place.

In other words, the GOP of yesteryear - and of today - is nothing more than an enabler for the worst of the democrats/liberals.  It's a sign of just how bad that co-dependency has become that anyone who has the temerity to take a stand on principle and resist the profligacy and downright stupidity of the democrats/liberals is derisively labelled an extremist - not by the democrats/liberals - but by the very same political party of which she/he is a member.  Which, by the way, is an almost perfect illustration of why the 11th Commandment was created in the first place:  to put the muzzle on so-called moderate republicans to stifle their poisonous invective aimed at other members of the GOP - invective that they never seem to have the courage to aim at their real opponents, the democrats/liberals.

You're quite the little enabler.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 03:07:55 am »

Of course you like Ted Cruz.  So does everybody else around here, and you'll vote for him the 2016 primary.  That's what he's counting on.

His loss to Hillary would rival Goldwater's loss to LBJ in 1964.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 03:09:28 am »
Of course you like Ted Cruz.  So does everybody else around here, and you'll vote for him the 2016 primary.  That's what he's counting on.

His loss to Hillary would rival Goldwater's loss to LBJ in 1964.

Would you PLEASE just go on over to DU! You would be a perfect fit there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien