Author Topic: Obamacare website resets all passwords  (Read 5571 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Obamacare website resets all passwords
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 03:25:02 am »
Unfortunately there isn't much you can add since like most liberals you don't believe in personal responsibility and think the government is the solution while most conservatives believe the exact opposite.

Oh, yikes!  The liberal spy guy is spouting about government health care??

Heaven help us all!

(Bet he doesn't have a clue as to what's in this HIDEOUS bill! Liberals NEVER do!)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:26:35 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 03:25:35 am »
 oops.  remove that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:26:11 am by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2013, 03:27:28 am »
(Bet he doesn't have a clue as to what's in this HIDEOUS bill!  Liberals NEVER do!)

Unfortunately their solution to too much government - is MORE government.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2013, 03:31:29 am »
Oh, yikes!  The liberal spy guy is spouting about government health care??

Heaven help us all!

(Bet he doesn't have a clue as to what's in this HIDEOUS bill! Liberals NEVER do!)

You shouldn't assume things about me just based on your preconceived notions about liberals. I haven't said anything about being for or against the ACA, but I'd love to hear your input on why it is terrible.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:32:44 am by Liberal_Spy »

famousdayandyear

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 03:42:06 am »
groan....

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2013, 01:27:38 pm »
None of those uninsured people can pay for their medical bills anyway is the way I see it. They go to the ER last minute, once it is so painful that they can't put it off anymore, get charged tens of thousands of dollars for a procedure that would have been way easier to manage if they'd had insurance to take care of it before it got bad, and then never pay it, ever. The government is already picking up the tab on that. That's not even the main problem though. The main problem is the actual cost of the healthcare. Did you know there are vials of antivenom that can cost in excess of a million dollars? Just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and getting bit by a snake. Pretty much all of the price tags on anything medicine related are OUTRAGEOUS, and the same is true for the colleges. 50-60 years ago people were able to afford to pay their loans out of pocket. People don't make enough money to keep up with how much all of this costs.

Sorry for the long post.  Hopefully someone will find it beneficial.

There are a number of reasons why the government shouldn't be involved in health care or insurance, except to take action against force or fraud committed between consumers and providers.  The founding fathers codified the structure of the federal government via the Constitution, which sets the limits of said government.  It does not grant rights to the people.  The people, using their natural rights, created a federal government, not the other way around.  The natural rights of the people predate all governments in all of their forms.

What is the primary difference between private organizations/businesses and the government?  Government has the right to use force to accomplish its proper aims.  The federal government has the right, delegated by the citizens (a collection of individuals), to use force to defend this collection of individuals.  I, as a citizen, have delegated to the federal government the use of my right to self defense in order to form an army to protect me against those I can't effectively defend myself against.  Good government is based on the natural rights of the individual, not on majority rule.  Majority rule is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner.  Or, if you prefer a real-world example of majority rule:  it's is when the majority decides who has to be the slaves.  In our earlier history, the people with lighter skin decided that the ones with darker skin would be slaves.  This majority continued to illegitimately force its will on the minority for many decades via Jim Crow.

One test of whether or not a law is legitimate--I first heard it in "The Law" by Bastiat--is to "see if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime."

Applying this question to health care and insurance, is it legitimate to use the government to take money from person A and give it to person B for the purpose of providing health care or insurance for person B?  If I have a doctor bill for $10,000, could I legitimately (or even legally) go to your house and force you to give me the $10k so I can pay the bill?  No. 

If I pay $1200 per month in health insurance premiums, can I go to your house every month and force you to give me all or part of of the $1200?  No.

If I as an individual can't go to your house & legitimately or legally demand money for these things, could I go to the police force and ask them to go to your house and demand the money in my behalf?  No.

Because I, as an individual, do not have the right to go to your house and demand money I have not earned, I cannot delegate such a right to the government.

When people decide that a given good or service is so important that the government has to get involved in providing it, problems invariably result.  Usually the biggest problem is that the government does not allocate resources as efficiently as individuals do and the cost rises.

You mentioned the cost of things like health care and education.  The costs have risen because of government regulation and other involvement.  And what is government's solution to the problems created by too much regulation?  More regulation, of course!  Insurance regulation has reduced competition, for example, by restricting the states where companies can sell their insurance products.  Fewer options (reduced supply) in a state results in higher prices in that state.  If you're an individual who sells insurance in Texas and you decide you want to sell in OK, I have no right as an individual to prevent you from doing so.  The federal government shouldn't have the power to do so, either.  If you want to offer or refuse coverage for birth control, I don't have the natural right to force you one way or the other.  Neither should the federal government.

So far I've focused on the legitimacy of government involvement in things like education and health insurance.  The economic reasons for their escalating costs are interesting and could occupy a lot of space on a message board :-) but the simple explanation is this:  the more money that's thrown at something, the more expensive that something will become.  If a third-party person or entity with deep pockets is paying all or part of the bill (including the costs associated with providing loans), the product or service will get much more expensive. 

There's a whole lot more I could say but the post is already too long for a message board.  If I get replies I'll respond as appropriate.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:43:34 pm by rb224315 »
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 02:15:34 pm »
Long quote by rb224315

So what is the solution in your eyes? How do we fix the problem of people not making enough money (some of them even working 2 full time jobs) to survive and be healthy without any government assistance? Do we just let these people starve and die painful deaths because they can't afford food and healthcare? How does the United States change in a way that these people have a way and a chance to survive and live their lives? I'm not being condescending here; I would really like to know how your endgame fixes these problems.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 02:44:54 pm »
Why should I be required to pay healthcare for you or your family?  Especially those who smoke, drink, do drugs, live on junk food and more? 

I paid for my own college education, why should I be required to pay for your college education, after all I helped pay for K-12 and I have no children.

Unfortunately, healthcare and education are two areas with massive government intervention.

And liberals think that even more intervention will make things better?

liberallogic101.com

Yes, they really are that stupid...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2013, 03:28:48 pm »
So what is the solution in your eyes? How do we fix the problem of people not making enough money (some of them even working 2 full time jobs) to survive and be healthy without any government assistance? Do we just let these people starve and die painful deaths because they can't afford food and healthcare? How does the United States change in a way that these people have a way and a chance to survive and live their lives? I'm not being condescending here; I would really like to know how your endgame fixes these problems.

I'd base my fix on two facts:  1)  forcing people to provide for others is not a workable long-term solution, and 2)  the dole is a pernicious, addictive master.

Whatever the fix, I'd focus on ways to leverage the natural human compassion of those who have resources, and I would put a high priority on helping those who receive benefits to also maintain their dignity.  Receiving money and goods without earning them takes away their dignity.  I'm aware of only 1 exception to this:  if a person is unable to provide for themselves their dignity is not compromised if they receive something without giving something in exchange.

If the government were involved, I'd move all aid to the state or local level and get the federal government out of the charity business.

I'd look at the magnitude of the actual problem.  We have what, 47 million people on food stamps right now?  I guarantee that an astonishingly small percentage of them are not less than a week away from starving, let alone 1 meal from it.  Compared to the number of people who are self-reliant, there's just not that many people who are in the situation you describe.  So, I'd first determine how many people are legitimately in need.

I would not necessarily implement a "system".  Knowing how many people are self-reliant vs. the number who can't make it on their own, the haves will help the have-nots.  The system of neighbor helping neighbor, family helping family, friend helping friend, mutual aid societies, etc. will work. 

I haven't thought it completely through, but I think if I were to involve the government, it would be only to incent people to charity.  I get tax benefits based on the number of dependents I support, for example.  The same benefit could (and currently does apply) to donations to help others who receive assistance from a charitable organization.  Government involvement has sapped the resources which could otherwise be used for charity, and the government presence has crowded out the charities.  If a person in need can go to the government and have their needs met, the charities go away.  We should be encouraging the reverse--stronger charities with smaller government.

If I were to use government in any capacity, it would be to encourage or incent behaviors which are likely to keep people out of poverty.  People who finish high school, marry before having a child, and marry after the age of 20 are many times less likely to end up in poverty and will spend less time there than those who don't do those 3 things.  Research results vary on the numbers.  William Galston, former Clinton advisor, determined that 8% who do all 3 will pass through at least 1 period of poverty, while 79% of those who don't do these things will experience poverty.  The Heritage Foundation's numbers are expressed differently, but they both agree that certain individual behaviors reduce the risk of poverty.)

To summarize:  I'd encourage people to do the things which are associated with staying out of poverty.  I would encourage people to help those who are truly less fortunate, possibly via tax breaks or similar incentives.  No aid would come through the federal government either in direct payments to individuals or payments to state governments.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:47:31 pm by rb224315 »
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline happyg

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 03:35:05 pm »
 :amen:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »
Speaking of food stamps.  LIB by any chance did you watch Food Stamp Nation on Fox last week?  If not you should watch it.  A lot mire on assistance are like "surfer dude" than you know. 

As to part time jobs.  Obamacare is driving the low hours thing...McDonald's was never meant to be full time to support a family... and wasn't until progressives got a foothold in our society and taught people that they will care for you so don't worry.  Today people make mire in money and from other benefits than many can make working and they are content to live that way rather than work.

Why do you think our inner cities are such a mess?  Who runs those cities?  Look at Detroit if the past and then look at it today.  LIBERALS dud that, not conservatives.  Want to know how Detroit happened?  There is an excellent book out that traces exactly what happened.  I recommend reading it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 06:35:48 pm »
Speaking of food stamps.  LIB by any chance did you watch Food Stamp Nation on Fox last week?  If not you should watch it.  A lot mire on assistance are like "surfer dude" than you know. 

As to part time jobs.  Obamacare is driving the low hours thing...McDonald's was never meant to be full time to support a family... and wasn't until progressives got a foothold in our society and taught people that they will care for you so don't worry.  Today people make mire in money and from other benefits than many can make working and they are content to live that way rather than work.

Why do you think our inner cities are such a mess?  Who runs those cities?  Look at Detroit if the past and then look at it today.  LIBERALS dud that, not conservatives.  Want to know how Detroit happened?  There is an excellent book out that traces exactly what happened.  I recommend reading it.

No, I didn't see it; I might check it out. Liberals and Democrats are not mutually exclusive. You may be disgusted with the elected Democrats, but they are not the poster boys for liberalism; not even close.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:41:36 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2013, 06:48:33 pm »
Sorry, a liberal is a liberal... there isn't any parsing it.  They believe in letting government take care if them and it us destroying what has been the greatest nation in the world.  It is responsible for the majority if black babies being born without a daddy... want another view if it, look at Katrina.. thousands of young black mothers walking out of the flood begging to be told what to do.  So used to being told what to do they were unable to think for yourselves and prepare ahead if the storm fir their babies and no husbands to help them.  THAT is what welfare has wrought on our society.  The black leaders have kept these people in slavery they just use different terms for it, but it is liberalism.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2013, 08:34:49 pm »
Sorry, a liberal is a liberal... there isn't any parsing it.  They believe in letting government take care if them and it us destroying what has been the greatest nation in the world.  It is responsible for the majority if black babies being born without a daddy... want another view if it, look at Katrina.. thousands of young black mothers walking out of the flood begging to be told what to do.  So used to being told what to do they were unable to think for yourselves and prepare ahead if the storm fir their babies and no husbands to help them.  THAT is what welfare has wrought on our society.  The black leaders have kept these people in slavery they just use different terms for it, but it is liberalism.

Good post, Rap!

Just one addition.  Liberalism is not only responsible for the majority of black babies not having a father, but even worse, the majority of black children are killed before they are born (4 out of 5 in NYC!).

Liberalism is responsible for the mass death of black children, the massive poverty that blacks live in - part of the permanent underclass that has been created by liberal (racist) policy.

Liberalism hurts women.  Liberalism hurts the poor.  Liberalism kills.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2013, 09:05:20 pm »
Good post, Rap!

Just one addition.  Liberalism is not only responsible for the majority of black babies not having a father, but even worse, the majority of black children are killed before they are born (4 out of 5 in NYC!).

Liberalism is responsible for the mass death of black children, the massive poverty that blacks live in - part of the permanent underclass that has been created by liberal (racist) policy.

Liberalism hurts women.  Liberalism hurts the poor.  Liberalism kills.

Exactly true.  Sorry for all the typos, I was on my Kindle and it insists of correcting what I type to what it thinks I should type....

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2013, 09:07:31 pm »

So how do we fix the problems plaguing African American communities?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2013, 09:19:23 pm »
So how do we fix the problems plaguing African American communities?

Education - but with the unions controlling public education I see little hope of this happening.  The single worst two things that happened to public education in this country was the public sector unions and Jimmy Carter.  Now under Obama they have Common Core - which is only going to make things worse, schools have gone from educating to indoctrinating.  Could YOU pass the 6th and 8th grade exams from the mid 1800's today?  Answer - few high school graduates or college graduates today could and sadly few of their professors could, either. 

Blacks have been taught they are victims.  Contrast their situation all these years after Lincoln - they have gone backward.  Then look at the Vietnamese who came here at the end of the Vietnam war.  Could not speak English, most had no money (though many did have gold and diamonds they had secreted away). They came here, lived in family groups, went to school, started businesses and most became quite successful in our capitalistic society.  They are an example of what we should expect not only of immigrants to this nation (vs so many of those from Mexico who come here for the freebies we hand them), but of our own citizens regardless the color of their skin. 

Instead of hanging in gangs the blacks should have been getting educated.  Some did - Dr. Carson is a great example of a black child born to a poor black mother who had not gone past 3rd grade and could not read or write.  She was ashamed of her plight in life and when her boys started having trouble in school one day she stepped in and said "okay - no more TV or goofing off"  she told them they needed to choose two TV programs PER WEEK - that was all.  She also demanded they start reading anything and everything in the library and whats more they were required to give her a book report (they did not know she could not read it).  This was a life-changing move for both her boys... and Ben Carson became one of the preeminent brain surgeons in this country as a result of what his mother insisted on when he was a child. 

Every child is only as good as that child's parents insist he or she should be. If you have low expectations you will receive low results, you have high expectations you get good to excellent results.  This is not a low or high IQ thing as one of our posters insists, this is a sociatial issue and an issue of too low expectations and an acceptance of a mediocre society as long as we can still get MTV and American Idol and wear baggy pants and get the latest tattoo the heck with trying to actually BE something and be independent of government controlling your life.

BTW another great black man in this country - Thomas Sowell.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2013, 09:26:19 pm »
I would also like to ask liberal_spy if he/she agrees with the parts of Obama care that exempts the government officials that wrote it.

!. My dad is seventy-seven and if he gets cancer, according to Obama care, he will not be treated for it.

2. Obama care will have real time access to all your savings, retirement, etc., even if you carry supplemental insurance to support your Medicare.

3.Only your primary care doctor can admit you to a hospital.  If you should have to go to the emergency room and a doctor there admits you to the hospital, you will have to pay the bill out of pocket.  This is in the policy of Obama care.

Obama is hell bent on killing off seniors at an earlier age.  As more and more of the bill comes to light, seniors are going to find out how they are to be treated.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:26:35 pm by Olivia »
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2013, 09:27:16 pm »
Education - but with the unions controlling public education I see little hope of this happening.  The single worst two things that happened to public education in this country was the public sector unions and Jimmy Carter.  Now under Obama they have Common Core - which is only going to make things worse, schools have gone from educating to indoctrinating.  Could YOU pass the 6th and 8th grade exams from the mid 1800's today?  Answer - few high school graduates or college graduates today could and sadly few of their professors could, either. 

Blacks have been taught they are victims.  Contrast their situation all these years after Lincoln - they have gone backward.  Then look at the Vietnamese who came here at the end of the Vietnam war.  Could not speak English, most had no money (though many did have gold and diamonds they had secreted away). They came here, lived in family groups, went to school, started businesses and most became quite successful in our capitalistic society.  They are an example of what we should expect not only of immigrants to this nation (vs so many of those from Mexico who come here for the freebies we hand them), but of our own citizens regardless the color of their skin. 

Instead of hanging in gangs the blacks should have been getting educated.  Some did - Dr. Carson is a great example of a black child born to a poor black mother who had not gone past 3rd grade and could not read or write.  She was ashamed of her plight in life and when her boys started having trouble in school one day she stepped in and said "okay - no more TV or goofing off"  she told them they needed to choose two TV programs PER WEEK - that was all.  She also demanded they start reading anything and everything in the library and whats more they were required to give her a book report (they did not know she could not read it).  This was a life-changing move for both her boys... and Ben Carson became one of the preeminent brain surgeons in this country as a result of what his mother insisted on when he was a child. 

Every child is only as good as that child's parents insist he or she should be. If you have low expectations you will receive low results, you have high expectations you get good to excellent results.  This is not a low or high IQ thing as one of our posters insists, this is a sociatial issue and an issue of too low expectations and an acceptance of a mediocre society as long as we can still get MTV and American Idol and wear baggy pants and get the latest tattoo the heck with trying to actually BE something and be independent of government controlling your life.

BTW another great black man in this country - Thomas Sowell.

How specifically have unions destroyed our education system?

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2013, 09:29:04 pm »
I would also like to ask liberal_spy if he/she agrees with the parts of Obama care that exempts the government officials that wrote it.

!. My dad is seventy-seven and if he gets cancer, according to Obama care, he will not be treated for it.

2. Obama care will have real time access to all your savings, retirement, etc., even if you carry supplemental insurance to support your Medicare.

3.Only your primary care doctor can admit you to a hospital.  If you should have to go to the emergency room and a doctor there admits you to the hospital, you will have to pay the bill out of pocket.  This is in the policy of Obama care.

Obama is hell bent on killing off seniors at an earlier age.  As more and more of the bill comes to light, seniors are going to find out how they are to be treated.

Obamacare is not how I feel healthcare should be handled. I disagree with his approach on healthcare as well as many other issues, which is why I don't support him.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2013, 09:29:38 pm »

Here's a start for you......

TENURE.

Bad teachers continue teaching no matter how bad they are.

Even a youth such as yourself must have come in contact with a few of those folks, haven't you?

Last year?

The year before??

Presently??

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2013, 09:31:52 pm »

From Cato - not exactly a far right organization...... and I will add one of the worst things they have done is protect really bad teachers from being let go. New York State has a place where teachers who are not trusted to teach go each day to sit and receive their full pay for doing nothing - thanks to their union...

http://www.cato.org/blog/how-do-teachers-unions-affect-public-school-outcomes

September 12, 2012 2:17PM
How Do Teachers’ Unions Affect Public School Outcomes?
By Andrew J. Coulson

That’s a question I was asked this morning by a reporter. Interesting as it seems, it misses the real impact that teachers unions have on American education: protecting the public school monopoly from private sector competition.

Average compensation for public school teachers is $17,000 higher than for their private sector peers. That’s despite the fact that private schools perform as well or better academically and have higher graduation and college matriculation rates (after taking student/family background and other differences between sectors into account). So public schools offer generally inferior outcomes at a roughly 50% cost premium over independent schooling.

Were it not for the relentless and historically highly effective campaigning of teachers’ unions, it is hard to imagine that the public would have so long perpetuated the public school monopoly. At the federal level, public school employee unions contribute as much as Chevron, Exxon Mobil, the NRA, and Lockheed Martin combined—$56 million between 1989 and 2010.

But that figure pales in comparison to what teachers’ unions spend protecting their government monopoly at the state level. They spent $55 million in California alone—in a single year—fighting then-governor Schwarzenegger’s 2005 reform initiatives. During the 2006–07 school year, the NY state teachers union spent $571,012 at a single luxury hotel, the Desmond, near the statehouse in Albany.

This lobbying is to protect union members from competition by preventing American families from easily accessing independent, non-unionized, alternatives. The teachers’ unions lobby against charter schools, vouchers, and education tax credit programs that make private schooling affordable to lower and middle income families. And while the unions have lost a few high profile battles in the past year, the vast majority of American children are still assigned to a government school, based on where they live, by bureaucrats who have never met them.

It is a system that only makes sense if the goal of public education is to create a protected class of government employees. If we want a system that will serve the needs of children, then all schools should have to compete for the privilege of serving each and every student, and their revenues should depend on parents’ estimation of the quality of that service… just as happens right now in the vastly more efficient and responsive independent education sector.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2013, 09:49:23 pm »