Poll

Should Liberal_spy be allowed to stay on TBR?

Yes
15 (78.9%)
No
3 (15.8%)
No but he seems nice
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: October 12, 2013, 07:45:12 pm

Author Topic: Well, it was fun while it lasted. Bye everybody.  (Read 4059 times)

Liberal_Spy

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Bye everybody.
« on: October 10, 2013, 07:25:36 pm »
I've been informed that I am a very unwelcome guest, and that I am no longer allowed to stay. I won't try to stay and post where I'm unwanted. I simply came here to show some conservatives how much they actually do have in common with their brothers on the left, and that none of this is as black and white as people think it is. Sorry for any trouble I caused.

Offline Relic

Re: Well, it was fun while it lasted. Bye everybody.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 07:30:04 pm »
You seem like a very unusual liberal, that is, open to exchange of ideas without becoming emotional. Who told you to leave?

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 07:32:26 pm »
You seem like a very unusual liberal, that is, open to exchange of ideas without becoming emotional. Who told you to leave?

Your admins are apparently getting a lot of complaints about my presence, and in the interests of maintaining peace have politely asked me to leave.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 07:34:33 pm »
Your admins are apparently getting a lot of complaints about my presence, and in the interests of maintaining peace have politely asked me to leave.

Just for the record it wasn't me! Not once! And I can't stand liberals!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 07:35:32 pm »

The least you could do is say where you are going so those who appreciate you can follow up...

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:37:56 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 07:37:01 pm »
Wth? This is ridiculous. Your admins are apparently getting a lot of complaints about my presence

Just because of his name? What other reason could it be given the way he posted?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 07:37:45 pm »
He's a distraction.

He's like a feather on a string being pulled along the carpet....and too many of us are acting like cats.

He's like a squirrel in the backyard....and this old Main Coon is too tired and uninterested in teaching the values of Conservativism.

Also...too many posters are getting into tiffs over it.....which I think amuses him.   He already proclaimed that he "likes to get into [right-wingers] heads" (paraphrased cause I'm too lazy to look it up)

And why "Liberal_spy"?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 07:37:45 pm »
Really?  You never rubbed me badly.   Young idealists (and honestly, I do not mean that as an insult) have their value.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:38:39 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 07:38:37 pm »

Seriously?   Are you kidding? 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 07:38:49 pm »
Wth? This is ridiculous. Your admins are apparently getting a lot of complaints about my presence

Just because of his name? What other reason could it be given the way he posted?

Be careful about believing a troll.

The admins have gotten far more complaints about other posters without asking them to leave, I'm sure...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 07:40:57 pm »
I've been informed that I am a very unwelcome guest, and that I am no longer allowed to stay. I won't try to stay and post where I'm unwanted. I simply came here to show some conservatives how much they actually do have in common with their brothers on the left, and that none of this is as black and white as people think it is. Sorry for any trouble I caused.

Ah...very clever........posting a thread...at least it wasn't on an existing thread
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 07:41:43 pm »
Ah...very clever........posting a thread...at least it wasn't on an existing thread

Eggsactly! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline R4 TrumPence

Vote in poll! Re: Well, it was fun while it lasted. Bye everybody.
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 07:45:57 pm »
We have added a poll to this thread. Let's all vote!!! :dx1:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:47:37 pm by Repub4R² »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 07:48:16 pm »
From past experiences on TBR libs have never worked out....but I am open to new experiences and I will actually abide by the majority here....on this subject only btw..lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Relic

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 07:49:14 pm »
I noticed the distraction, but the lib was always polite. It could be instructive to lurkers to see a liberal educated. It could also strengthen our own values to have to examine and defend them.

I'm for keeping a polite liberal around.

Offline Relic

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 07:51:19 pm »
From past experiences on TBR libs have never worked out....but I am open to new experiences and I will actually abide by the majority here....on this subject only btw..lol

I understand your trepidation. I spent some time at TBL, and that was an unmitigated disaster. As long as the liberal is polite and aware that this is conservative territory, it could be interesting. Besides, if he or she becomes disruptive, you can always boot him/her at a later time.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 07:53:04 pm »
I agree fully with Relic.

I noticed the distraction, but the lib was always polite. It could be instructive to lurkers to see a liberal educated. It could also strengthen our own values to have to examine and defend them.

It is good to be mentally challenged occasionally. Helps hone one's thinking. Besides Liberal_Spy was polite and restrained. Seems to me if there were complainers it had to be because of his name. Like a red flag in front of a bull, apparently, because it was nothing he did so far as I can see.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 07:54:48 pm »

It is good to be mentally challenged occasionally. Helps hone one's thinking. Besides Liberal_Spy was polite and restrained. Seems to me if there were complainers it had to be because of his name. Like a red flag in front of a bull, apparently, because it was nothing he did so far as I can see.

I tend to agree with you.  At least he isn't WAR or WTF :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 07:55:41 pm »

To me it just clutters up the threads w/ nonsense.

If I wanted to be among the mentally-challenged, I would just go back to TBL...

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 07:58:53 pm »

Actually, you're probably right.  I can see where people would be annoyed by that.  Whatever--either way is fine with me

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 08:00:09 pm »
I tend to agree with you.  At least he isn't WAR or WTF

That we know of....lol

TBL inherited WAR from us...I kicked him and a few others out for disrupting the site.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 08:01:05 pm »

I have noticed that to...he must stop hijacking threads...
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 08:01:07 pm »

Exactly.

Deliberate or not....because of his moniker and/or political pedigree...and the fact that he's somewhat of a novelty in here, his posts have a tendency to derail the thread(s)

Then some other poster comes in and chastises the participants for "hijacking" the thread topic(s).

It's totally unnecessary because we all know he's not the least bit sincere.....at least that wasn't his intent the day he signed up.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 08:04:40 pm »

Before you go:

I have been rather busy the past day or so and have had the occasion to read, but not to comment upon your posts.

You seem like a reasonable and generally thoughtful person.

There is no litmus test for "acceptable opinions" at this site of which I am aware, and if there were, I would spend my time elsewhere.

I happen to agree with your assessment that there are common interests and beliefs around which people on the Left and Right can come together. The increasing polarization, in our time, between Americans of differing opinions is symptomatic of a political culture driven not by citizens or statesmen, but by schemers for whom division is a means to their ends.

That is not to say our differences do not matter; only that they are subject to charismatic manipulation and emotional appeal, as opposed to rational discourse. Reasonable people may disagree about a host of matters. But the very thing that makes them "reasonable" is the adherence to standards of thought and behavior inherent in a society that values reason, as opposed to mysticism or force.

From my vantage point, I think that Americans across the spectrum who still value reason might well agree on propositions such as:

-Our government has grown too powerful and invasive of individual liberty and privacy;

-Our political leaders have set themselves apart from the people in create special favors, exemptions and "carve-outs" for themselves, while exposing the citizenry to oppressive laws and regulations whose tentacles will never reach the redoubts of those who imposed them;

-Our culture has devolved into a state where serial personal irresponsibility and moral relativism reign, and our personal connections to one another are less a function of familial and community bonds than of anonymous Internet intercourse. 

-Our political parties increasingly represent not us, but the permanent power structures in Washington.

There are other examples, but I'll leave it at that for the purposes of semi-brevity. We may disagree on causes and solutions, but I still believe that they are more likely to be discovered by open debate and discourse than by atomization and retreat into our increasingly uncomfortable "comfort zones".

Your move.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 08:06:06 pm »

Exactly.

Deliberate or not....because of his moniker and/or political pedigree...and the fact that he's somewhat of a novelty in here, his posts have a tendency to derail the thread(s)

Then some other poster comes in and chastises the participants for "hijacking" the thread topic(s).

It's totally unnecessary because we all know he's not the least bit sincere.....at least that wasn't his intent the day he signed up.

Maybe after his newness wears off things will settle down..I am willing to see if that happens...

Support the USO