Author Topic: Armed Guards Stop People From Visiting Independence Hall, “You Will Be Arrested”…  (Read 6243 times)

Offline Charlespg

Time for a constitutional  amendment to remove obama from office   Oh and term limits limits for  and a right to recall congress critters as well
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline GourmetDan

"All your base are belong to us..."

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline NavyCanDo

SO THIS IS HOW IT ALL ENDS…… Not with skylines full of mushroom clouds, but from our own government in such an unexpected way, and at such incredible speed.

The American experiment is over - what a great ride we had.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

famousdayandyear

SO THIS IS HOW IT ALL ENDS…… Not with skylines full of mushroom clouds, but from our own government in such an unexpected way, and at such incredible speed.

The American experiment is over - what a great ride we had.

This is not over.  Do not forget the Second Amendment and the Tenth Amendment.
Patriots will not just roll over and accept tyranny.  There are a few of us left.  Only takes 3%.

Liberal_Spy

This is not over.  Do not forget the Second Amendment and the Tenth Amendment.
Patriots will not just roll over and accept tyranny.  There are a few of us left.  Only takes 3%.

The thing so many people need to realize, from the left and from the right, is that finding common ground with their political adversaries is key. People from the left and people from the right talk constantly about the government being out of control, and that something needs to be done about it. We all agree on what the problem is. We should tackle it together, and take back our democracy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:49:38 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline SlapLeather

The thing so many people need to realize, from the left and from the right, is that finding common ground with their political adversaries is key. People from the left and people from the right talk constantly about the government being out of control, and that something needs to be done about it. We all agree on what the problem is. We should tackle it together, and take back our democracy.

The United States Of America is a Constitutional Republic.  Study up Libby!

Offline Cincinnatus

This is such a shocker. This is America?

I found this article which provides at least some background.

PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 9, 2013 /Christian Newswire/ -- Saturday, October 5th marked the fifth day of the government shut down which has resulted in national monuments being barricaded and closed to the public. When political activist, Craig Bergman, from Iowa was visiting Independence Hall in Philadelphia when he decided he was upset to find it closed and was determined to find answers.

When an officer from the National Park Service was asked if he was the highest ranking member present he responded, "I just work here." Then when asked for his name or badge his response was "nope." Later when an armed private security guard from a company named, "SecTek," was asked who he worked for, he ran away and faced a wall ignoring the question. Bergman then attempted to cross the street and was told if he proceeded he would be arrested.

As the eventful happenings took place, activist Judd Saul and Jake Dagel began to film the entire event. A video has been put on YouTube at the following link: www.youtube.com/gadsdenfilms

As the events came to a conclusion the security guards where asked who paid for them to be there, the guard's response, "You are." When asked what the charge would be for crossing the road to Independence Hall, Bergman was told he would be charged with jay-walking and if he crossed the fence, trespassing, with a possible citation.

http://www.earnedmedia.org/gdsf1009.htm

There is also a website for these hired thugs.

http://www.sectek.com/

Whether in fact this is a "private" group of enforcers hired by Obama, the public will not make that distinction and once this is over, there is going to be bad blood between the public and the National Parks Service, an organization already composed of a bunch of fuddy duddies, but at least they had public support.

That is the public will not make that distinction IF they know about it. Has anyone seen any news reports about this anywhere? I did a search and got one hit (cited above).
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Liberal_Spy

The United States Of America is a Constitutional Republic.  Study up Libby!

Believe it or not I am very much aware of that. It just gets called a democracy so much that it sticks, and I just say it from habit. I'd rather not have to explain that to everybody I bump into that doesn't understand.

Offline SlapLeather

Believe it or not I am very much aware of that. It just gets called a democracy so much that it sticks, and I just say it from habit. I'd rather not have to explain that to everybody I bump into that doesn't understand.

If you tell the lie enough, people start believing it.  Try the truth!  It's the only way to take back America.

Offline NavyCanDo

I hope you are right, that there is enough outrage from both the Left and Right that this will end and we will return to some form of normalcy, but this administration just keeps raising the ante, with their "the ends justifies the means" mentality.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Liberal_Spy

If you tell the lie enough, people start believing it.  Try the truth!  It's the only way to take back America.

I'm a big fan of truth.  :laugh:

Offline SlapLeather

I'm a big fan of truth.  :laugh:

Then why would you rather not explain it?

Liberal_Spy

I hope you are right, that there is enough outrage from both the Left and Right that this will end and we will return to some form of normalcy, but this administration just keeps raising the ante, with their "the ends justifies the means" mentality.

The federal government has always, and will always seek more power and control. It is human nature; people want more, and it's never enough. It is our responsibility to put the federal government back in its place once it has overstepped its boundaries.

Liberal_Spy

Then why would you rather not explain it?

Lazy liberals etc etc, you know. Honestly I just don't care enough about that small and common misunderstanding.

Offline SlapLeather

Lazy liberals etc etc, you know. Honestly I just don't care enough about that small and common misunderstanding.

It's not a misunderstanding. It's intentional. Honestly, you will care, as this Tree of Liberty thirst.

Offline Cincinnatus

Interesting. From SecTek's website:

SecTek was founded in 1992 as a SBA 8(a) small disadvantaged business. Today, we are one of the largest security services contractors to the Federal Government, providing protective officers and electronic security solutions to both commercial and government clients.

Sounds very much like this is a politically favored entity established to do some dirty work federal LEOs shouldn't be associated with.

Bergman was told he would be (at the very least) ticketed for crossing the chain. Ticketed by whom? Do SecTek thuggies have the authority to do that or were there an actual federal LEOs present? Do they have that authority?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online Lando Lincoln

BTW... welcome to the new faces around here. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Liberal_Spy

It's not a misunderstanding. It's intentional. Honestly, you will care, as this Tree of Liberty thirst.

You may be right, but I doubt historians will look back on this common lack of knowledge and go "Yep, that was the pivotal moment. That's the reason everything went to shit, because people were uninformed about what the government is actually called"

Offline SlapLeather

You may be right, but I doubt historians will look back on this common lack of knowledge and go "Yep, that was the pivotal moment. That's the reason everything went to shit, because people were uninformed about what the government is actually called"

It's not the "name", it's the definition and adherence to constitutional rule that are significant. Point to a democracy that has survived. You will see what went to shit. Study up. Seek the truth, embrace the truth and tell the truth.

Offline Rapunzel

The federal government has always, and will always seek more power and control. It is human nature; people want more, and it's never enough. It is our responsibility to put the federal government back in its place once it has overstepped its boundaries.

Can't be a liberal and say what you just did in this post with a straight face.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Can't be a liberal and say what you just did in this post with a straight face.

I think he thinks he is a liberal....not sure he is one...or at least a flaming lib...

I feel we are being tested...are you writing a Paper or and article on conservative sites LS?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:38:45 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

I think he thinks he is a liberal....not sure he is one...or at least a flaming lib...

Just a troll...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Rapunzel

I think you're right...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

Just a troll...

Thank God, somebody calls it what it is!  Sometimes reality sucks.

Of course, it drives traffic.  So there's that.