Author Topic: Armed Guards Stop People From Visiting Independence Hall, “You Will Be Arrested”…  (Read 6287 times)

Liberal_Spy

Can't be a liberal and say what you just did in this post with a straight face.
Sure can.

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Liberal_Spy

Umm... no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

Where in there does it say a liberal can not be critical of the federal government?

Offline SlapLeather

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/10/armed-guards-stop-people-from-visiting-independence-hall-you-will-be-arrested/

Armed Guards Stop People From Visiting Independence Hall, “You Will Be Arrested”…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N078jMaPA5M

Sorry for the semi-hijack... it was unintentional.

The unveiling of the brownshirts, we are witnessing.

Liberal_Spy

Thank God, somebody calls it what it is!  Sometimes reality sucks.

Of course, it drives traffic.  So there's that.

If I was a troll I would be name calling and spouting off nonsense to get a rise out of people. I've done nothing of the sort.

famousdayandyear

Sorry for the semi-hijack... it was unintentional.

The unveiling of the brownshirts, we are witnessing.

Standing on principle is not a hijack--IMHO of course.

Offline Cincinnatus

Forgive me for raining on anyone's parade but what is happening at Liberty Hall (SlapLeather: The unveiling of the brownshirts, we are witnessing.) is of far greater moment than concerns about Liberal_Spy, who appears to me to be a pleasant and rational fellow. His name may be provocative, but he isn't. He is certainly more restrained and reasonable than some I could name on here.

Just saying. 
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This is not over.  Do not forget the Second Amendment and the Tenth Amendment.
Patriots will not just roll over and accept tyranny.  There are a few of us left.  Only takes 3%.
Here's an example of internet forum talk, versus reality:

Wyoming has open carry, may have the most conservative voting citizens in the nation. Yet at this time, they have not gone to the South and East gates of Yellowstone, armed, demanding the park be opened.

Same for the West gate (Idaho) and the North gate (Montana).
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Liberal_Spy

Wyoming has open carry, may have the most conservative voting citizens in the nation. Yet at this time, they have not gone to the South and East gates of Yellowstone, armed, demanding the park be opened.

I'll tell you exactly why nobody is doing anything yet. People are too comfortable to risk losing what they have to fight for what is right. As long as Joe 6 pack has his nice couch, food, his beer and the football game on Sunday he's not going to be out in the streets demanding his government back. People have too much stuff. We are over-stimulated.

Offline SlapLeather

I'll tell you exactly why nobody is doing anything yet. People are too comfortable to risk losing what they have to fight for what is right. As long as Joe 6 pack has his nice couch, food, his beer and the football game on Sunday he's not going to be out in the streets demanding his government back. People have too much stuff. We are over-stimulated.

That's quite liberal of you. Let's sign 'em up for FREE health care...  Well, we'll just lie to them about the FREE stuff... just long enough, don't ya' know?

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Probably because Yellowstone pretty much rolls up its rugs for the 2013 season around Oct 20th anyway.  :pondering:

Offline SlapLeather

True conservatives are very even keeled. As a 3%er, battles will be chosen wisely.

Offline musiclady

I think he thinks he is a liberal....not sure he is one...or at least a flaming lib...

I feel we are being tested...are you writing a Paper or and article on conservative sites LS?

LOL!  That's what I thought.

A kid doing research.  Has ideas, behaves politely, but doesn't have a clue as to what liberalism really is.

Diverting, but inconsequential.

No one should be exercised by this poor young man's presence here.

He will get his paper written and move on.....     :seeya:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

famousdayandyear

LOL!  That's what I thought.

A kid doing research.  Has ideas, behaves politely, but doesn't have a clue as to what liberalism really is.

Diverting, but inconsequential.

No one should be exercised by this poor young man's presence here.

He will get his paper written and move on.....     :seeya:

Just what we signed up for.  A clinical trial.  When do I get my time and expenses reimbursement?  Soon I hope.

Offline Lando Lincoln

My impression...

He/she is polite, but the tone is academic or slightly mocking.  I am not sure which.  Perhaps it is both.  Either way, it is disengenuous. 

I don't really care what we decide.  Just so he doesn't start writing hillbilly ditties.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

famousdayandyear

Hillbilly ditty.  (Didn't write it but wish I had)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tssaWn0f-Cw

Liberal_Spy

Hillbilly ditty.  (Didn't write it but wish I had)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tssaWn0f-Cw

That's a pretty good song.

Offline musiclady

My impression...

He/she is polite, but the tone is academic or slightly mocking.  I am not sure which.  Perhaps it is both.  Either way, it is disengenuous. 

I don't really care what we decide.  Just so he doesn't start writing hillbilly ditties.

There's definitely mocking going on, Lando.

My guess is that he's in a group of fellow academic know-nothings in a dorm room.

I don't care what's decided either.

He'll go away soon enough anyway.

Kids don't have long attention spans these days, especially when real thought is going on around them.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Just what we signed up for.  A clinical trial.  When do I get my time and expenses reimbursement?  Soon I hope.

It's not that bad, famous.

Just put the child on IGNORE, and all will be well.

Offline mountaineer

Geez, I hope there's no sleep deprivation involved. I get little enough as it is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
NavyCanDo wrote:
[[ SO THIS IS HOW IT ALL ENDS…… Not with skylines full of mushroom clouds, but from our own government in such an unexpected way, and at such incredible speed. ]]

It's not over yet.
It won't be "over" until the "third box" has been utilized.

I am not openly advocating its use.

But when we see Park Personnel "armed up" to keep ordinary folks from as hallowed a building of freedom as is Independence Hall, in the name of "governmental authority" used to inflict the maximum pain possible upon the citizenry, the arrival "of the third box" may not be all that far away.

I sense that what's going on right now in America's national parks and monuments is an awakening of sorts. Can't quite put my finger on it. Folks may be coming to the realization that at some point they may have to "take a stand". There is anger, and it is growing.

Or, to grab a phrase from Steinbeck,
“...In the souls of the people, the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage.”

Offline Fishrrman

[[ I hope you are right, that there is enough outrage from both the Left and Right that this will end and we will return to some form of normalcy, but this administration just keeps raising the ante, with their "the ends justifies the means" mentality. ]]

The left and the right reconcile, and find "normalcy" again?
Forgeddaboutit.

Excerpt from a post I put up yesterday:
In some ways, it doesn't matter who wins the current "shutdown battle" -- because regardless of the "tactical victory", the two sides will stand more divided than ever once the dust has settled.

This confrontation cannot strengthen the Republic. Indeed, it only serves to further define and delineate the differences between sides.

The chasm of "the Great Divide" is deepening.
Common ground by which to reduce the gap no longer exists, because the two sides now represent two philosophies that are fully 180 degrees apart; two philosophies that are anathema to each other.

It's as if we were expecting the Bolsheviks to drop their revolution and come back to the Czarist fold.

Reconciliation is as likely as the abolitionists, in 1859, dropping their cause and permitting The South to continue slavery.
Reconciliation is as likely as The South, in 1859, recognizing the arguments of the abolitionists, and voluntarily discontinuing slavery and freeing the Negroes.

Where are we headed?

Offline Fishrrman

My impression...

I just pass over his posts.
Words mean things.
Look at his nic.
I take him at his word.