Author Topic: FIRED-UP GOP REP. DRESSES DOWN TOP IRS OFFICIAL AT CENTER OF ‘TWO OF THE BIGGEST ISSUES THIS COUNTRY HAS DEALT WITH IN RECENT HISTORY’  (Read 742 times)

Offline musiclady

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) on Wednesday went after Sarah Hall Ingram, who once headed the IRS division that targeted conservative groups, expressing his frustration that it took her five whole months before she agreed to come before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Some GOP lawmakers have been hammering Ingram for months as she headed the IRS division that targeted conservative political groups for extra scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status. Hall said she left to run the agency’s health care office in 2010, about six months before a top deputy learned about the targeting.

“Finally she’s here,” Jordan said. “We’ve been trying for five months to get Mrs. Ingram in front of this committee. I was beginning to think there was such no person as Sarah Hall Ingram.”

“Here’s the lady, who as the chairman said, is at the center of the storm for two of the biggest issues this country has dealt with in recent history: The targeting of conservative groups and implementation of Obamacare,” he later added. “Here’s the lady that was Lois Lerner’s direct boss, and today is the first time she has been in front of this committee when the scandal has been known about for five months? Here’s the lady for the last three years has been head of the office for implementing the Affordable Care Act and today is the first time she becomes in front of the committee?”

“This is unbelievable,” Jordan continued.

Jordan also claimed that the IRS again tried to stop Ingram from appearing before the Oversight Committee yet again on Wednesday.

“So it raises just one simple question: Why?” he said. “What does she know that the IRS doesn’t want this committee, this Congress and the American people to know? What are they trying to hide?”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/09/watch-as-rep-jim-jordan-dresses-down-top-irs-official-at-center-of-targeting-scandal-and-obamacare-implementation/

Jim Jordan is my former (unfortunately, due to redistricting) Congressman, and I thought the TBR crowd would be interested in seeing that he's still doing his job, and still fighting for us in the IRS scandal.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

Jim Jordan is my former (unfortunately, due to redistricting) Congressman, and I thought the TBR crowd would be interested in seeing that he's still doing his job, and still fighting for us in the IRS scandal.

I am lucky to be in the 4th Congressional District. I liked him as a state rep, and even more as my Congressman. He's a good man; always was.

Offline musiclady

I am lucky to be in the 4th Congressional District. I liked him as a state rep, and even more as my Congressman. He's a good man; always was.

I've met him several times, talked with him, and his office keeps in touch with us because we're strong supporters of what he's doing and who he is.

There are very few people in Congress that I know to be good, through and through.

Jim Jordan is one of them.

I really miss having him as our Congressman.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.