Author Topic: MEET THE ‘ONE-MAN MILITIA’ CUTTING GOV’T LAWNS WHILE D.C. REMAINS IN SHUTDOWN (AND WHO ONE OFFICER TRIED TO STOP): ‘IT’S JUST THE RIGHT THING TO DO’  (Read 987 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/10/meet-the-one-man-militia-cutting-govt-lawns-while-d-c-remains-in-shutdown-its-just-the-right-thing-to-do/

MEET THE ‘ONE-MAN MILITIA’ CUTTING GOV’T LAWNS WHILE D.C. REMAINS IN SHUTDOWN (AND WHO ONE OFFICER TRIED TO STOP): ‘IT’S JUST THE RIGHT THING TO DO’
Oct. 10, 2013 7:33am Meredith Jessup

With Congress gridlocked and non-essential federal groundskeepers furloughed, one man has stepped forward to ensure the manicured hedges and lawns of the nation’s capital remain pristine in advance of this weekend’s Million Vet March, a protest of veterans demanding their memorials remain open.

Chris Cox, 45, has never served in the U.S. military, but his respect and appreciation for our nation’s veterans has inspired him give back. “You don’t have to be a veteran to have a love of country,” Cox explained in an exclusive interview with TheBlaze Wednesday evening. To that end, he turned a trip to a D.C. art convention into an opportunity to give back. “Everyone serves in a different way. I’ll just cut a little bit of grass.”

Armed with a leaf-blower, a lawnmower and the South Carolina state flag, Cox is on a one-man mission this week to clean up the National Mall and have it ready to welcome the veterans.  It’s not about politics, “it’s just the right thing to do,” he says.

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

What a cool guy!    :patriot:

He sure is. Someone has to clean up after Pelosi and her gang of immigrants trash it.

Offline musiclady

He sure is. Someone has to clean up after Pelosi and her gang of immigrants trash it.

That's for sure.  We know that leftists trash and expect somebody else to clean up after them (even after they, themselves shut down the government).

Quite the opposite of the clean, law-abiding Tea Party and other Conservative groups who leave the Mall cleaner than it was when they (we) came.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.