Author Topic: Fans Accost Matt Schaub At His Home  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Fans Accost Matt Schaub At His Home
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:41:10 pm »
This is just flat out ridiculous and helps explain why professional sports of all kinds turn my stomach.

A source close to law enforcement told The Fred and Ted Show late Tuesday evening that Houston Police were contacted by the NFL after fans approached Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub at his home and berated him for his recent poor play.

No arrests were made.

“A fan went to his house and told him off,” said the source, adding that another person “took pictures of his family,” which were allegedly posted on Facebook. Fortunately, neither Schaub nor anyone in his family was hurt.

The irate fans left on their own accord before police could respond, and it’s believed Schaub and the Texans contacted NFL Security which asked for assistance from the Houston Police Department after the incident, according to the source.

Schaub has been under intense scrutiny following the team’s disastrous 2-3 start which has included the much maligned quarterback throwing a Pick-Six interception in an NFL-record four consecutive games. The Texans return home to Reliant Sunday at noon when they welcome the St. Louis Rams to town.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/08/fans-accost-matt-schaub-at-his-home/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Fans Accost Matt Schaub At His Home
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:43:29 pm »

This is just flat out ridiculous and helps explain why professional sports of all kinds turn my stomach.

???

Why doesn't that surprise me?   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:57 pm »

???

Why doesn't that surprise me?   :whistle:
Hey...could be worse. Could be Giants fans.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:35:56 pm »
heard in the Giant's locker room ..

Knock Knock
Who's there
Owen
Owen who

Owen five

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 10:57:44 pm »
heard in the Giant's locker room ..

Knock Knock
Who's there
Owen
Owen who

Owen five

As a Redskins' fan, I hope that joke stays relevant for at least another month.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 11:05:19 pm »
Some reports now coming out of Houston say this did not happen.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 01:59:15 am »
As a Redskins' fan, I hope that joke stays relevant for at least another month.   :laugh:
Yeah..us skins fans don't have a whole lot to crow about :(