Author Topic: Wasserman Schultz: Republicans Don’t Care About Dead Soldiers  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Wasserman Schultz: Republicans Don’t Care About Dead Soldiers
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:32:24 pm »
Even though Congress unanimously passed a pre-shutdown bill to keep pay flowing to the military, Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) blamed Republicans for a stop in death gratuities to the survivors of service members killed in action.

Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have come down hard on Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel for his “interpretation” of the Pay Our Military Act under which civilians deemed necessary for troop morale still get paid but families of those killed over the past week in Afghanistan are denied the immediate $100,000 payment to help defray expenses.

“You know, obviously with death of any of our troops in the line of duty, that’s nothing short of heartbreaking that the Republican government shutdown has caused those death benefits not to be paid,” Wasserman Schultz said on MSNBC.

“But these mini continuing spending resolutions are forcing us essentially to choose between our children. It’s heartbreaking on the death of some of our troops. And it’s heartbreaking that the Republicans have denied children with cancer the ability to participate in drug trials at NIH. And it’s heartbreaking that in my district in South Florida you have hunger programs that are running out of food reserves to be able to make sure that families can eat,” she continued.

“And with each of these spending bills, the Republicans are essentially asking us to choose between our children and really trying to release the pressure that is raining down on them and trying to put bills on the floor to reopen the most painful parts of the government that are politically hurting them.”

Wasserman Schultz accused House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) of being more concerned “about holding onto his speakership rather than the plight of troops that have been killed in the line of duty, children with cancer, or the hungry in this country. It’s unacceptable.”

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/10/09/wasserman-schultz-republicans-dont-care-about-dead-soldiers/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

Re: Wasserman Schultz: Republicans Don’t Care About Dead Soldiers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:37:46 pm »
Hmmmm......................  she seems to be talking about Harry Reid and Barack Obama, and is too dim to realize it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:50:34 pm »
Debbie Wasserman Schultz is an embarrassment to this country, a vile, empty headed partisan.

I find it interesting that right off the top of my head I can think of a triumvirate of Democrats, including this broad, Grayson, and Sheila Jackson Lee , who are truly despicable given their public pronouncements. At the same time I marvel at the fact there are several posters on here, one in particular, who voice more disdain and animosity toward a decent man, Senator Ted Cruz, than they (he) do toward these three reprobates put together.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 09:53:37 pm »
Debbie Wasserman Schultz is an embarrassment to this country, a vile, empty headed partisan.

I find it interesting that right off the top of my head I can think of a triumvirate of Democrats, including this broad, Grayson, and Sheila Jackson Lee , who are truly despicable given their public pronouncements. At the same time I marvel at the fact there are several posters on here, one in particular, who voice more disdain and animosity toward a decent man, Senator Ted Cruz, than they (he) do toward these three reprobates put together.

Is this thread going to be about Debbie Was-a-man Schnitz? 

Or are you derailing your own thread by complaining about posters with a different POV and/or strategy that yours?

....just asking.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 09:56:42 pm »

I agree completely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 09:58:27 pm »

Or are you derailing your own thread by complaining about posters with a different POV and/or strategy that yours?

My bad.

I had NO idea that what is brought up or referred to on these threads has first to be cleared through you.

So how do I (for one) go about that? PM any proposed post to you for you imprimatur? Send it by email for your approval? How does it work. Enlighten me.

Just asking.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:59:24 pm by Cincinnatus »

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 10:10:27 pm »
I agree completely!

BigUn, did you get DCPatriot's approval to post that comment before posting it? I sure hope so.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 10:11:10 pm »

My bad.

I had NO idea that what is brought up or referred to on these threads has first to be cleared through you.

So how do I (for one) go about that? PM any proposed post to you for you imprimatur? Send it by email for your approval? How does it work. Enlighten me.

Just asking.

Nobody asked you to clear anything with me.  I'm not looking for combat.

Just following proper protocol so I don't unintentionally hijack your thread.

....like this.

We get that you don't like Sinkspur.   But some of us don't appreciate what you're doing....bringing him up in a completely unrelated topic.   And on your own thread...right our of the gate.

It's sad really.

Reminds me of what Jackie Mason said once.  "I don't carry grudges.  Because while I'm home stewing, they're out dancing and having a good time!"

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 10:13:49 pm »
I agree completely!

BigUn, did you get DCPatriot's approval to post that comment before posting it? I sure hope so.

:patriot:

....until I find one with a digital salute.     :laugh:

Offline evadR

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 10:19:17 pm »
We get that you don't like Sinkspur.

WHO doesn't like Sinkspur??
We all like Sinkspur.
Can I get an Amen on that!! :amen:
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 10:20:01 pm »
My opinion is that it may be just a game.  He likes being a contrarian and saying sometimes outrageous things against commonly held conservative views.

I've seen the guy argue with leftists, and he's good.   He just seems to like arguing, regardless of the rational opinions of the people he's arguing with.  (like here).  I particularly liked when he pretty much called me a Pharisee because I don't think 5 year old boys should use the girls' restrooms in school.

Amusing.

FWIW, I don't mind an occasional diversion from a thread topic.  :patriot:

Back to thread topic............ does anyone on either side of the aisle think DWS has a single functioning brain cell?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline evadR

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 10:20:14 pm »
oops..was that a thread hijack?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 10:40:00 pm »
oops..was that a thread hijack?

Is it too late for an........ :amen: ??

^-^

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 01:44:56 am »
[[ Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) blamed Republicans for a stop in death gratuities to the survivors of service members killed in action. ]]

P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N !!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 01:46:37 am »
Actually the President has known about this and ignored it until the media ran with the story.  Now congress has sent a bill to Reid, but Reid isn't going to take it up.  The way Fisher House became involved and stepped up is Joe Manchin called the CEO yesterday morning and asked them to help.  Question.. when is Manchin going to wake up and switch parties?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 12:55:13 pm »

P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N !!

You hit the nail on the head. :beer:

Offline happyg

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 01:53:54 pm »
 VIDEO: Debbie Wasserman-Schultz rambles incoherently about ObamaCare glitches 

The servers were only designed to handle 50,000 visits a day?

The servers were only designed to handle 50,000 visits a day?

You know what to expect with Debbie Wasserman-Schultz. You're going to get shrill talking points, and for the most part she needs to be on an outlet like MSNBC because they're going to wind her up and let her go. She can blame Republicans for military death benefits not getting paid, even though they're willing to pass a limited CR that pays them, and she won't get challenged.

But she gets tripped up when host Thomas Roberts decides his credibility can't survive his punting on a question about the rollout. That's when she start sounding like she woke up three seconds ago and she can't do anything but babble incoherently. Enjoy: (The video is hilarious)

http://www.caintv.com/video-debbie-wasserman-schultz

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 06:59:28 pm »
My opinion is that it may be just a game.  He likes being a contrarian and saying sometimes outrageous things against commonly held conservative views.

I've seen the guy argue with leftists, and he's good.   He just seems to like arguing, regardless of the rational opinions of the people he's arguing with.  (like here).  I particularly liked when he pretty much called me a Pharisee because I don't think 5 year old boys should use the girls' restrooms in school.

Amusing.

FWIW, I don't mind an occasional diversion from a thread topic.  :patriot:

Back to thread topic............ does anyone on either side of the aisle think DWS has a single functioning brain cell?

If she did she would take it out and play with it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 08:22:08 pm »

hehe..........    :beer:

Offline evadR

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 08:30:31 pm »
As in "skuuuze me while I wip dis out" ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmnKOkt7fI