Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: No One's Calling Me to Say,'You Were Wrong About Obamacare'  (Read 1572 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/lindsey-graham-no-ones-calling-me-sayyou-were-wrong-about-obamacare

Lindsey Graham: No One's Calling Me to Say,'You Were Wrong About Obamacare'
October 9, 2013 - 5:17 AM
By Susan Jones

(CNSNews.com) - Although Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) disagreed with conservative Republicans' decision to take a stand against Obamacare, he said on Tuesday that the law itself -- not just the enrollment process -- is deeply flawed.

"I haven't had one person call me to say, 'Senator Graham, you were wrong about Obamacare. Your criticism of the program was off base,'" Graham told Fox News's Greta Van Susteren on Tuesday.

"As a matter of fact, all of us who opposed it from the very beginning predicted that the private sector would drop coverage because it will cost too much. They would rather pay the fine than keep insurance at the company level. And a lot of people will go to part-time employment because it is just so much cheaper to the company. They've got a bottom line to meet. I haven't had one person call me and say your criticisms were wrong and here's why."

Graham noted that President Obama made three promises to Americans: "He promised you (insurance on the health exchanges) would be no more costly than a cell phone bill; as easy as signing up for Amazon; and if you liked your health care you had already, you wouldn't lose it. He's 0 for 3."

Graham said "the biggest loser" will be young people who find their health insurance costs much higher under Obamacare.

"How does this end?" the senator asked. "Democrats eventually will get tired of defending this. And before the 2014 election, if we don't screw it up as Republicans, Democrats will come to a guy like me or others and say let's see if we can delay this thing and re-do it."

Asked if Republicans are "screwing it up," Graham said, "I think we're getting in the way of the story. Shutting down the government to defund Obamacare was a tactical choice that didn't make sense to me. I didn't think the president would sign a bill defunding Obamacare at the end of the day. The idea of letting this thing kind of collapse of its own weight and be ready to fix it in a bipartisan fashion is the best strategy."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LMAO......well here is his  phone number if you want to call him

(202) 224-5972
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
He is lying because I called at least 10 senator's offices including his.

Offline R4 TrumPence

He is lying because I called at least 10 senator's offices including his.

My husband called his office too!!!!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Feeling a little primary heat, I presume.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline happyg

He had thousands of complaints on both his FB pages, including mine. What a liar.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Wait a minute.  He's not saying people aren't complaining about Obamacare.  He's saying they aren't complaining that he was WRONG about Obamacare.  In other words, he was right, they DON'T LIKE IT.  Or am I reading it wrong?

Offline Cincinnatus

Or am I reading it wrong?

No, I don't think you are. He's claiming he criticized ObamaCare early on as unworkable and too costly and that no one has called him to complain that he was wrong.

It's this first paragraph which gives rise to the confusion, it is so badly written:

Although Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) disagreed with conservative Republicans' decision to take a stand against Obamacare, he said on Tuesday that the law itself -- not just the enrollment process -- is deeply flawed.

That makes it sound like he opposed his fellow Republicans for taking a stand against AdorableCare in general though what he's saying is that he, too, opposes it, and has from the beginning; but does not approve of the current attempts by his more conservative brethren to block it. It comes out somewhat convoluted but that's what he means. The question is: is he being truthful about his proclaimed early opposition?   
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:51:30 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Wait a minute.  He's not saying people aren't complaining about Obamacare.  He's saying they aren't complaining that he was WRONG about Obamacare.  In other words, he was right, they DON'T LIKE IT.  Or am I reading it wrong?
No, you're right. We here tend to have a knee-jerk reaction that Graham tends to be liberal, and compared to us that's probably true, but indeed, he's saying that he opposed Obamacare from the start and hasn't received any complaints for doing so.

His strategy is the same one advocated by a few on this board-- the let it crash and burn tactic. As much of a disaster as the exchanges have been, they may actually come out right on this. I disagree with the fact that they shouldn't have tried to defund it; they needed to make that stand to distinguish themselves.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

famousdayandyear

My guess is they can't get through.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

What?   Are you insinuating that members HERE post without reading the article?   :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:25:12 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald