Author Topic: Rep. Michele Bachmann: Civil disobedience possible against Obama 'thuggery'  (Read 934 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://m.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/oct/9/rep-michele-bachmann-civil-disobedience-possible-a/

Rep. Michele Bachmann: Civil disobedience possible against Obama 'thuggery'

Seth McLaughlin

Published on October 9, 2013

Rep. Michele Bachmann believes that President Obama has committed impeachable offenses and that the nation could be on the cusp of the kind of civil disobedience that led to the public uprising in Egypt against the Muslim Brotherhood.

Speaking with conservative talk-show host Rusty Humphries in a tea party town hall teleconference, Mrs. Bachmann, Minnesota Republican and head of the House Tea Party Caucus, said that it could be hard to impeach the president because Democrats control the Senate and the tea partyers should stand strong against the Obama administration in the budget stalemate that led to the government shutdown.

“I think that what we saw happen in Egypt this summer — the people there did not have impeachment — they rose up, they threw out the Muslim Brotherhood from power because they couldn’t stand tyrannical oppression,” Mrs. Bachmann said. “I think here we could be on the cusp of seeing some civil disobedience, and I am not saying that I want civil disobedience, but people aren’t going to take the thuggery of this president much longer.”

Mrs. Bachmann said House lawmakers are trying to give voice to the fact that there is “thuggery going on in the White House.”

“We are not going to take it. We have drawn a line in the sand,” she said, adding that Mr. Obama has to learn that he is not a dictator.

Mrs. Bachmann ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, though her hopes faded fast after a disappointing showing in the Iowa caucus.

She announced earlier this year that she would not run for re-election next year, but she has not ruled out running against for the White House in 2016.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34