Author Topic: Pro-Obamacare Computer Expert: Exchange Website Not Crashing Because of Traffic, “I Would Be Ashamed And Embarrassed,” “Looks Like Nobody Tested It”  (Read 935 times)

famousdayandyear

Pro-Obamacare Computer Expert: Exchange Website Not Crashing Because of Traffic, “I Would Be Ashamed And Embarrassed,” “Looks Like Nobody Tested It”…

Ouch.

(CBS News) — Healthcare.gov launched more than a week ago, and while millions of Americans have signed into the site, not many have been able to actually sign up for insurance because of glitches with the website.

Administration officials implementing the new health care law will be on the hot seat Wednesday as the House Oversight Committee hopes to find out what the problems were.

Committee Chairman Darrell Issa told CBS News’ Jan Crawford that he plans to ask how the mess surrounding the website could even happen.

No one knows how many people have managed to enroll because the administration refuses to release those numbers, but the website’s launch has been rocky.

Media outlets have struggled to find anyone who’s actually been successful. The Washington Post even illustrated that sought-after person as a unicorn, and USA Today called the launch an “inexcusable mess” and a “nightmare.”

White House officials initially blamed the problem on an unexpectedly high volume as they had more than 8 million hits in the first week, but after it went offline over the weekend for repairs, officials now acknowledge other problems.

“We’ve identified the glitches, we’ve added hardware, we’re recoding software, and I can tell you today is better than yesterday, and we are hoping in the very near future to have a seamless process that’s what we are aiming for,” Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said.

However, computer experts say the website has major flaws.

“It wasn’t designed well, it wasn’t implemented well, and it looks like nobody tested it,” said Luke Chung, an online database programmer.

Chung supports the new health care law but said it was not the demand that is crashing the site. He thinks the entire website needs a complete overhaul.

“It’s not even close. It’s not even ready for beta testing for my book. I would be ashamed and embarrassed if my organization delivered something like that,” he said.

http://weaselzippers.us/

Offline happyg

It looks like Obamacare will be delayed for a year because of ineptness.  :silly:

Offline sinkspur

How ironic if Obama was FORCED to delay the whole thing for a year because the systems don't work.

And it's obvious they don't work.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
How ironic if Obama was FORCED to delay the whole thing for a year because the systems don't work.

And it's obvious they don't work.
The Republican Party platform for 2014 should be summed up in four short words:
We told you so.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

Forcing your clients to do beta testing is an ugly thing, which is why most companies don't do it.

The problem comes in forcing people to register and create an account before they can browse.  No e-commerce website does this.  Once an account is created, all that account data is dragged around with the user at every click.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"It wasn’t designed well, it wasn’t implemented well, and it looks like nobody tested it..."

As I keep telling you folks: it was never designed to work in the first place.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline olde north church

If it were working and people were enrolling the clarions would be sounding from the rooftops.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:58:08 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

“It wasn’t designed well, it wasn’t implemented well, and it looks like nobody tested it,” said Luke Chung, an online database programmer.

That sounds like Obama's entire approach to government. :peeonobama:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:22:18 pm by rangerrebew »