Author Topic: Establishment Conservative Journalists Meet Off-the-Record with Obama at White House  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

In a clear attempt to woo largely establishment conservative commentators who have loudly opposed the GOP’s current government shutdown strategy, President Obama held an off-the-record meeting with the Washington Post’s Charles Krauthammer, the Wall Street Journal editorial page editor Paul Gigot, National Review’s Washington editor Robert Costa, syndicated columnist and former CNN co-host Kathleen Parker, and Byron York of the Washington Examiner.

This is hardly the first time Obama has held select, politically-motivated off-the-record sessions. In May, the White House held a “deep background” session with select reporters as the Benghazi scandal reared its head. In September, Obama held an off-the-record meeting with reporters and columnists on his Syria strategy. Obama’s cozy relationship with select members of the press has created abiding unhappiness among many members of the press corps, who feel that the president has created a stratified system with favored and unfavored journalists.

Several of those figures appear on Fox where they pontificate endlessly and sound very much like Obama apologists, foremost Krauthammer.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/10/08/Establishment-Journalists-Obama-WH
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Several of those figures appear on Fox where they pontificate endlessly and sound very much like Obama apologists, foremost Krauthammer.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/10/08/Establishment-Journalists-Obama-WH

I thought Kraut was in extra suck-up-to-Obama mode tonight!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

I thought Kraut was in extra suck-up-to-Obama mode tonight!

Bull**it.  Krauthammer said on O'Reilly that Obama would have to fold on the Debt Ceiling; he has no choice.

And I haven't noticed any change from Costa or Byron York either.

Jug Ears is not going to influence ANY of those journalists.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:31:00 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mod1

Please stop the profanity and edit your post or it will be edited for you.

famousdayandyear

Bullshit.
  Krauthammer said on O'Reilly that Obama would have to fold on the Debt Ceiling; he has no choice.

And I haven't noticed any change from Costa or Byron York either.

Jug Ears is not going to influence ANY of those journalists.

Could have made your point without profanity and ridicule of the poster.

Offline Mod1

And please don't quote the profanity or at least add some *** to it.

Offline Politics4us

I wouldn't have met with him when he's picking and choosing what he keeps runninig during the partial shutdown.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Please stop the profanity and edit your post or it will be edited for you.

Oh, come on.  REALLY???  Bullshit isn't even censored on network TV anymore.  Are we that freakin' delicate now?  Geeeezzz...

Offline Cincinnatus

Yes, really. I applaud Mod1 for speaking up about the use of profanity. Is this really the standard we wish to abide by: BS isn't even censored on network TV anymore? And it's not a question of delicacy. It's a question of standards which on this Forum have been and should remain higher than most other Forums.

The acronym BS would have sufficed and got the point across without the need for talking like some immature teenager or some ditzy television actor.

Thanks, Mod1. 
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams