Author Topic: Priest: Obama Administration Denied Mass To Catholics  (Read 1127 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Priest: Obama Administration Denied Mass To Catholics
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:40:07 pm »
http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2013/10/08/priest-obama-administration-denied-mass-to-catholics.aspx

Priest: Obama Administration Denied Mass To Catholics

How about trying this one on for size? Here is the press release headline from Congressman Tim Huelskamp’s office this afternoon:

Obama Administration Denies Mass to Catholics

Apparently, a priest was denied access to a military chapel this weekend. Father Ray Leonard serves at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in Georgia but because of the government shutdown, he wasn’t allowed to go to celebrate Mass this past weekend.  He is contracted by the Defense department to meet the spiritual needs of Catholics but not now. The chapel doors were locked and the sign said, “Shutdown: No Catholic service till further notice.”

Father Leonard said the following: “This is our church, Catholics have an expectation and obligation to attend Mass and we were told, ‘no you can’t go to church this week…“My parishioners were upset.  They were angry and dismayed.  They couldn’t believe that in America they’d be denied access to Mass by the government.”

Congressman Tim Huelskamp had this reaction:

“Time and time again this Administration demonstrates it is waging a war against the very religious freedoms upon which America was founded. This is exactly why we worked to pass legislation (House Concurrent Resolution 58) this past weekend – to protect the religious liberties of all those who bravely serve in our Armed Forces.”

The Brody File will follow up.

posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:31 PM
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Priest: Obama Administration Denied Mass To Catholics
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:51:54 pm »
Part of Obama's war against Christians.

Like the military in general, he wants to punish Christians within the military even more.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 09:10:02 pm »
Huge mistake.

Lets hope the Repubs are actually smart enough to use this. Hispanics are overwhelmingly Catholic and take Mass seriously.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 10:20:38 pm »
I understand these contract chaplains are more than happy to do their ministry gratis for now, so BHO has absolutely no reason to bar them - or their congregations - from the premises. It certainly is just another instance of this administration's war on the other-than-Muslim religions.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 02:40:18 am »
Can the Catholic authorities challenge this on 1st Amendment grounds? Will they?

Did you notice there was not one question on this policy at today's farce of a press conference?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 03:09:15 am »
I understand these contract chaplains are more than happy to do their ministry gratis for now, so BHO has absolutely no reason to bar them - or their congregations - from the premises. It certainly is just another instance of this administration's war on the other-than-Muslim religions.

Correct. I'm sure the Muzzies are still praying and have not problems at all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 03:13:02 am »
It's very obvious that Obama is engaging in a War on Christians/Tea Party/Creepy Ass Crackers.  I think his intention is to provoke us to react...to provoke another Kent State/Ruby Ridge/Waco type event. 

I could not watch him today, he makes me physically ill. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!